Utrogestan!

Snowdrop

Has anyone heard of Utrogestan? My doctor recommended it for my low progesterone. Her thoughts on Progest-e were that it wasn't strong enough for me. I tried Progest-e for 6 months, dosing 4-5 big drops 5 times per day, my serum levels came up to 15 nmol/L from 1 nmol/L.

Ray Peat (via email) It's good to have progesterone about 100 times higher than estrogen.

If anyone has given it a go I would love to hear your results.

Thank you!!!

OP
Snowdrop

Snowdrop

I guess no one has trialled Utrogestan here :(

I am ordering it now and will share my results after a month of using it.

dookie

Has anyone heard of Utrogestan? My doctor recommended it for my low progesterone. Her thoughts on Progest-e were that it wasn't strong enough for me. I tried Progest-e for 6 months, dosing 4-5 big drops 5 times per day, my serum levels came up to 15 nmol/L from 1 nmol/L.

Ray Peat (via email) It's good to have progesterone about 100 times higher than estrogen.

If anyone has given it a go I would love to hear your results.

Thank you!!!

I have tried it, ordered the 100 mg liquid capsules from an online pharmacy. It feels just like Progest-E, but maybe very slightly weaker. It comes in some form of vegetable oil, but the amount is so small in a capsule that it probably doesn't matter

Though that I get estrogenic effects from all forms of progesterone I have tried, so I may not be the best to advise on which brand is best

OP
Snowdrop

Snowdrop

Thanks for your reply dookie, much appreciated.

What were your estrogenic symptoms when taking progesterone???

Also, how could you tell that the progest-e was a little stronger?

Thank you!

dookie

Thanks for your reply dookie, much appreciated.

What were your estrogenic symptoms when taking progesterone???

Also, how could you tell that the progest-e was a little stronger?

Thank you!

Water retention, swelling, bloating, enlargement of breasts, ****, thighs, lips, enlarged stomach, depression and anxiety, moles getting darker on my arms, femininity feel, etc. Also some anti-testosterone effects, like shrinking of penis and testicles. This happens from a single dose, even of a few mg's.

Progest-E seems a bit stronger compared to Utrogestan mainly because I think the "1 drop = 3 mg" is hard to measure with Progest-E, because drop sizes vary a lot, sometimes a big drop comes out (the concentration is rather thick), so may be getting higher doses. I just remember that a single drop of Progest-E caused same effects/side-effects I would experience from 1 capsule of utrogestan (100 mg)

OP
Snowdrop

Snowdrop

That is quite a symptom list :jawdrop:

I was wondering if perhaps the Progest-e felt a little stronger to you due to the vitamin E base, allowing more efficient uptake of the progesterone???

I will trial the Utrogestan in a vitamin E base and report back.

DaveFoster

I don't know why so many guys respond so badly to progesterone.

I take tons and I haven't had any proble... wait where's my penis?

dookie

I don't know why so many guys respond so badly to progesterone.

I take tons and I haven't had any proble... wait where's my penis?

If penile shrinking were the only side-effect of progesterone, I would keep using it

tomisonbottom

That is quite a symptom list :jawdrop:

I was wondering if perhaps the Progest-e felt a little stronger to you due to the vitamin E base, allowing more efficient uptake of the progesterone???

I will trial the Utrogestan in a vitamin E base and report back.

How did it go?

OP
Snowdrop

Snowdrop

How did it go?

Hello tomisonbottom, I actually received a post from dookie on the same day as I was preparing to purchase the Utrogestan. Here is the link to the thread...

Progesterone 100 Times Higher Than Estrogen

Due to my preference for a thinner consistency, I now use Simply Progesterone from Health Natura, which gives the same result as progest-e, this was determined through blood testing.

shepherdgirl

Doesn't progesterone help to pull estrogen out of the tissues and into the blood? So estrogenic symptoms could mean the progesterone is "working"?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals