Does Progesterone Suppress Testosterone

Hairlosssucks

I’ve heard it can but I’m not sure about what dosages would do such a thing.

Over the last few days I used 1-2 drops of progest-e. I’m getting a blood test soon and would be able to compare the results

Kunstruct

There are some people here that will say progesterone increases testosterone, some say in very low quantity some say in not so low quantity.
I have not seen anyone post their before and after testosterone results after a progesterone cycle.

How are you feeling in the last few days after the progest-e? Any change?
Have you taken these drops orally? Applied on scrotum?

Kunstruct

Seems to lower testosterone at least in mice: Progesterone induced modulations of serum hormonal profiles in adult male and female rats. - PubMed - NCBI. It is anti-androgenic so even if your testosterone levels don't fall the net androgenic effect testosterone has still will.

Well after all progesterone is anti-androgenic, which is been said over and over, yet for that matter various people take it and still recommend it to males to increase testosterone.

As it has been generally claimed that it would either lower 5AR enzymes, either that it blocks DHT binding to AR receptors, etc. All kind of claims, which has not stopped highly regarded people on the forum to recommend it for testosterone increase.
Sex change clinics also recommend it for males that want to transition to females, but well there so many other things that are recommended, like spironolactone, etc.

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

Would a few days of 1-2 drops dramatically lowered my t. Shall I pct lool? Shall I hope on the clomid or nolva?

BrianF

I think the theory is that its anti-oestrogen and will block it enough to allow a rise in Testosterone, Pretty sure I read Haidut (or possibly some other poster) mention that he knew of bodybuilders or weight lifters who were using it to boost testosterone and in certain doses was having a very androgenic effect. I have tried to find that particular comment since I read it and haven't been able to find it. Hoping I didn't imagine it. Nah, I'm sure I didn't. Might be a very safe way to have a long term, relatively safe testosterone booster (although someone I have a lot of respect for, Nathan Hatch doesn't think men should use progesterone long term). Glad I stumbled upon this thread as its been on my mind lately.

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

I think the theory is that its anti-oestrogen and will block it enough to allow a rise in Testosterone, Pretty sure I read Haidut (or possibly some other poster) mention that he knew of bodybuilders or weight lifters who were using it to boost testosterone and in certain doses was having a very androgenic effect. I have tried to find that particular comment since I read it and haven't been able to find it. Hoping I didn't imagine it. Nah, I'm sure I didn't. Might be a very safe way to have a long term, relatively safe testosterone booster (although someone I have a lot of respect for, Nathan Hatch doesn't think men should use progesterone long term). Glad I stumbled upon this thread as its been on my mind lately.

probably best we stay away from it.

For me, it is helpful in increasing androgens, in combination with DHEA.

I don’t get into too much it can be very testosterone suppressant, but in low doses with DHEA it is magical.

Kunstruct

Pretty much I have not seen anyone post before and after tests on testosterone, DHT, E2, T3, T4, etc after using progesterone.

I personally have taken progesterone and penis goes numb and that does not happen to me only, now again, I know certain members here recommend progesterone (some even making money out of it), but still no one posted any before and after on a panel of hormones and preferably more than one person to post something like that, as way too many times we take one single's person experience as a rule.

Pretty much I have not seen anyone post before and after tests on testosterone, DHT, E2, T3, T4, etc after using progesterone.

I personally have taken progesterone and penis goes numb and that does not happen to me only, now again, I know certain members here recommend progesterone (some even making money out of it), but still no one posted any before and after on a panel of hormones and preferably more than one person to post something like that, as way too many times we take one single's person experience as a rule.

My penis used to get numb also but that has gone away. Now I took it with no problems. I don’t do a lot of blood tests because that I don’t believe in them. I can just tell by my own sexual life and how I feel and how fast my beard grows and symptoms like that. I can tell you that my testosterone is at least 1000 now. It was about 900 before. And it is as high as it’s ever been and I’ve been taking about 20 mg of progesterone in about 5 mg of DHEA.

I don’t do a lot of blood test because I don’t believe in them. I can just tell by my own sexual life and how I feel and how fast my beard grows and symptoms like that. I can tell you that my testosterone is at least 1000 now. It was about 900 before.

And it is as high as it’s ever been and I’ve been taking about 20 mg of progesterone and about 5 mg of DHEA. My beard grows really really fast, faster than it ever has before. I also feel extremely confident. And sex is incredible and I have a good libido but not a crazy horny one that is uncomfortable. I am also taking a little bit of exemestane and metergoline and quite a bit of T3.

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

My penis used to get numb also but that has gone away. Now I took it with no problems. I don’t do a lot of blood tests because that I don’t believe in them. I can just tell by my own sexual life and how I feel and how fast my beard grows and symptoms like that. I can tell you that my testosterone is at least 1000 now. It was about 900 before. And it is as high as it’s ever been and I’ve been taking about 20 mg of progesterone in about 5 mg of DHEA.

I don’t do a lot of blood test because I don’t believe in them. I can just tell by my own sexual life and how I feel and how fast my beard grows and symptoms like that. I can tell you that my testosterone is at least 1000 now. It was about 900 before.

And it is as high as it’s ever been and I’ve been taking about 20 mg of progesterone and about 5 mg of DHEA. My beard grows really really fast, faster than it ever has before. I also feel extremely confident. And sex is incredible and I have a good libido but not a crazy horny one that is uncomfortable. I am also taking a little bit of exemestane and metergoline and quite a bit of T3.
Does taking t3 shut down your own production of it?

Kunstruct

Metergoline and T3 for me, for very little time I have taken them, 1 week, have increased testicle size a bit.
Exemestan is famously used for raising test, some claim it does nothing for them though.
I do not think these are to be ignored and all put on the back of Progesterone and DHEA.

Why you don't believe in blood tests?
People will use blood tests studies to support why 300mg of Zinc per day is good for test boosting and ignore any other aspect of taking that much Zinc.

OP
H

Hairlosssucks

Metergoline and T3 for me, for very little time I have taken them, 1 week, have increased testicle size a bit.
Exemestan is famously used for raising test, some claim it does nothing for them though.
I do not think these are to be ignored and all put on the back of Progesterone and DHEA.

People will use blood tests studies to support why 300mg of Zinc per day is good for test boosting and ignore any other aspect of taking that much Zinc.

how much t3 do you take?

I have a busy life. I’m not interested in going to a lab and getting a blood test.

That’s all. I am sure they work. But I am also sure I have better things to do.

I’ve been using the DHEA and progesterone for about 3 years. The exemestane and metergoline only a few months. The progesterone and DHEA rocks. It is absolutely incredible. But at first I had penile numbness. Then that went away. I think the estrogen was flushed out of some tissues from the progesterone. I think women who take progesterone have to take a LOT at first, for a few doses, to flush out estrogen, and they sometimes get symptoms of high estrogen during that time, then it’s fine after. My wife had that experience.

Cameron

I think t3 would best the best bet in raising androgens put I’m not to versed in the proper protocols as there’s conflicting views. Any one use @haidut t3 product or progesterone to increase androgens?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals