Does Progesterone Suppress Testosterone

Anders86

"Despite the use of progestogens to inhibit gonadotropin secretion in male contraceptive studies for several decades, surprisingly few studies have directly investigated the effects of these drugs in men
(Heller CG, Laidlaw WM, Harvey HT, Nelson WO 1958 Effects of progestational compounds on the reproductive processes of the human male.)"

"An inhibitory effect of progesterone in castrated rams has recently been demonstrated when given with a low dose of testosterone, whereas progesterone given alone was ineffective."

"Progesterone and synthetic gestagens suppress the concentrations of FSH and LH, although the role, if any, of progesterone in the physiological regulation of gonadotropin secretion in men is unknown. Because spermatogenesis is dependent on gonadotropins, an obvious contraceptive approach is suppression with exogenous steroids."

Male Contraception

Yeah, I for one is not fertil atm.

Kunstruct

Yeah, I for one is not fertil atm.

Hey it matters only how you feel.

Like I have said I know people with very low test have no issues at all with either building muscle, erection etc.
Now there are many others with normal or high testosterone with major issues.

Anders86

Hey it matters only how you feel.

Like I have said I know people with very low test have no issues at all with either building muscle, erection etc.
Now there are many others with normal or high testosterone with major issues.

Yeah that might be true.

Cameron

Progesterone with dht might be protective of course no studies I can find with that in humans with a reasonable dosage

Cameron

Anyone have success with microdosing t3 for raising androgens. I have papers showing 8x increase in dht from higher t3

@HHB what differences did you notice from using progesterone orally vs topically?
@Anders86 when you mentioned taking 30mgx3 progesterone, was that oral or topical?
Thank you both!

HHB

@HHB what differences did you notice from using progesterone orally vs topically?
@Anders86 when you mentioned taking 30mgx3 progesterone, was that oral or topical?
Thank you both!

orally i found similar effects but more potent / less dose required - the progest - e gave me some digestive irritation probably from the vit e solution. I haven't done orally in a while so it's hard to pinpoint - i'd like to say that topically was more androgenic and orally i felt more sleepy. both cause my nutsack to hang lower in a good way

Anders86

orally i found similar effects but more potent / less dose required - the progest - e gave me some digestive irritation probably from the vit e solution. I haven't done orally in a while so it's hard to pinpoint - i'd like to say that topically was more androgenic and orally i felt more sleepy. both cause my nutsack to hang lower in a good way

I usually do 30x3 oral with a egg yolk. I also do topical, sublingual etc. but then other dosages.

Kunstruct

pQWhDcx.png

What are the grey dots supposed to mean, and why they agglomerate in that area starting from 40s to 80s?
That the participants are most age of 40yr to 80yr?

Anyone?
Even the one who showed this study can't answer this?

Progesterone declines as we age.

DHEA + progesterone = magic.

The ratios are something to play with. Haidut has said 1:2 or even 1:4.

I think anything over 10mg of DHEA is a really bad idea.

So that implies 20mg - 40mg of progesterone.

I seem to do well on 10mg or 15mg of progesterone. It is very helpful for my libido, erections and overall feeling of health.

Patty

Progesterone declines as we age.

DHEA + progesterone = magic.

The ratios are something to play with. Haidut has said 1:2 or even 1:4.

I think anything over 10mg of DHEA is a really bad idea.

So that implies 20mg - 40mg of progesterone.

I seem to do well on 10mg or 15mg of progesterone. It is very helpful for my libido, erections and overall feeling of health.

May I ask you: Do you apply this orally or topically?
Thanks

Patty

I’ve been using the DHEA and progesterone for about 3 years. The exemestane and metergoline only a few months. The progesterone and DHEA rocks. It is absolutely incredible. But at first I had penile numbness. Then that went away. I think the estrogen was flushed out of some tissues from the progesterone. I think women who take progesterone have to take a LOT at first, for a few doses, to flush out estrogen, and they sometimes get symptoms of high estrogen during that time, then it’s fine after. My wife had that experience.

For your DHEA and progesterone, do you taken them everyday, 24/7? And what form (powder, pill, liquid) / brand do you prefer?
Thanks

For your DHEA and progesterone, do you taken them everyday, 24/7? And what form (powder, pill, liquid) / brand do you prefer?
Thanks

I use pure K2 MK4 from Peter at Vitaspace.com

I use Progest-E from Long Natural Health, Dr. Peat’s original patented product.

DHEA I use a powder, I think bulk supplements.com, 10g which lasts a long time!

I mix in my palm, with some Tocovit and some Mitolipin and put it on my throat.

Patty

I use pure K2 MK4 from Peter at Vitaspace.com

I use Progest-E from Long Natural Health, Dr. Peat’s original patented product.

DHEA I use a powder, I think bulk supplements.com, 10g which lasts a long time!

I mix in my palm, with some Tocovit and some Mitolipin and put it on my throat.

Am really grateful for sharing your protocol, man :)
Am presently taking Progest-E + DHEA powder robbed on my groin area as advice to help erections.

I also take Tocovit mostly afternoon after main meal and noticed sperm thickness and whiter. No erection improvement yet but hopeful.