Dilated pupils and anhedonia. Help!

Daniil

In the last 2 days, I have had severe anhedonia, although I have not taken anything that caused me to have anhedonia before, such as B-50. Now I came home and found myself with dilated, pulsing pupils. My palms are still sweating and I still have poliuria. I haven't taken anything lately except magnesium (about 600 mg/day), taurine, zinc, and aspirin.

Last edited:
OP
D

Daniil

It may not be anhedonia, but a strong mental stress, the inability to concentrate, learn and do not like everything that you do.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Maybe @Hans can chime in as your symptoms might be related to acetylcholine.

OP
D

Daniil

Maybe @Hans can chime in as your symptoms might be related to acetylcholine.
Thanks. I have however tried taking amantadine, diphenhydramine(previously). That is, I alternately blocked different acetylcholine receptors. It doesn't help...

Hans

Forum Supporter
In the last 2 days, I have had severe anhedonia, although I have not taken anything that caused me to have anhedonia before, such as B-50. Now I came home and found myself with dilated, pulsing pupils. My palms are still sweating and I still have poliuria. I haven't taken anything lately except magnesium (about 600 mg/day), taurine, zinc, and aspirin.
Sounds like a stress response and high noradrenaline and adrenaline. Perhaps the supplements you're using are causing hypoglycemia, which is causing the stress reaction. Are you eating enough food when you take the supplements? Are you drink a lot of liquid that could have been the cause of frequent urination?

OP
D

Daniil

Sounds like a stress response and high noradrenaline and adrenaline. Perhaps the supplements you're using are causing hypoglycemia, which is causing the stress reaction. Are you eating enough food when you take the supplements? Are you drink a lot of liquid that could have been the cause of frequent urination?
Doesn't high norepinephrine shows a high pulse? My heart rate is usually somewhere around 60.

I think I eat a lot, including carbohydrates from cane sugar and potatoes. Unless it's all "fast carbs". I try to take supplements with meals.

I drink a lot of liquid, but the problem is that I want to drink it, if I do not drink it causes a strong dry mouth.

OP
D

Daniil

I have now realized that my symptoms are similar to ADHD. Pulsating pupils, I think, can be a symptom of damage to the nervous system, either because of a virus, or because of a deficiency of something, but what, copper?

Sometimes I began to feel discomfort in the frontal part of the head.

By the way, I did a blood test for amino acids and I have low levels of tyrosine with high phenylalanine, and also very low arginine and high levels of glutamic acid. Perhaps problems with the conversion of phenylalanine to tyrosine and dopamine?

OP
D

Daniil

It looks like the problem with the b complex is folic acid. I took 800 mcg of folic acid alone and it worsened the symptoms.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Doesn't high norepinephrine shows a high pulse? My heart rate is usually somewhere around 60.

I think I eat a lot, including carbohydrates from cane sugar and potatoes. Unless it's all "fast carbs". I try to take supplements with meals.

I drink a lot of liquid, but the problem is that I want to drink it, if I do not drink it causes a strong dry mouth.
It could also be low blood sugar. Typical low blood sugar symptoms include feeling jittery, sweaty, angry, dizzy, tired, hot flushes, etc. Or perhaps it could be gut irritation for the supplements.
Magnesium and zinc are NMDA antagonists that can give people brain fog. Taurine could cause hypoglycemia if taken without enough carbs. Aspirin could irritate the gut for some people.

OP
D

Daniil

This is very unpleasant, now I will have to wait until it passes. What you can't do for the sake of science..

Hans

Forum Supporter
It looks like the problem with the b complex is folic acid. I took 800 mcg of folic acid alone and it worsened the symptoms.
Folic acid increases histamine. Do you have high histamine symptoms?

Hans

Forum Supporter
This is very unpleasant, now I will have to wait until it passes. What you can't do for the sake of science..
Why not eliminate all the supplements and then introduce each one, one at a time. Try one for about a week and then introduce another one.

OP
D

Daniil

I think yes, I have a little bit of perfectionism and hyperactivity, high libido.
Do you think I should try other antihistamines?

By the way, I previously had high prolactin, I brought it back to normal(although still above normal), but this did not help my symptoms.

My pupils are always throbbing now, and it doesn't seem to depend on my meals.

OP
D

Daniil

Why not eliminate all the supplements and then introduce each one, one at a time. Try one for about a week and then introduce another one.
I tried this, it helps a little to cope with anhedonia but does not improve the rest of the symptoms. Magnesium definitely has nothing to do with it.

Vitamin E, by the way, also worsens anhedonia.

OP
D

Daniil

Already found something about histamine and adhd.

OP
D

Daniil

By the way, I recently got a strange redness on my chin. Histamine, perhaps?

Dr. B

It could also be low blood sugar. Typical low blood sugar symptoms include feeling jittery, sweaty, angry, dizzy, tired, hot flushes, etc. Or perhaps it could be gut irritation for the supplements.
Magnesium and zinc are NMDA antagonists that can give people brain fog. Taurine could cause hypoglycemia if taken without enough carbs. Aspirin could irritate the gut for some people.

its interesting and i wonder why taurine seems to cause serious effects in some? like digestive stress, bloating, for some even hair loss and hypothyroid symptoms...?

Dr. B

thats interesting, where did you find this info? all the different b vitamins seem to have their own effects and side effects. I assume this only applies to the synthetic folic acid used in supplements and which many bread products are fortified with. i used to take a multivitamin with 18mg ferrous fumarate and 400mcg folic acid... every single day for like 5 or even 6 years... i think it probably permanently causes negative effects on metabolism even after stopping for 2 years

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals