Dilated pupils and anhedonia. Help!

Hans

Forum Supporter
its interesting and i wonder why taurine seems to cause serious effects in some? like digestive stress, bloating, for some even hair loss and hypothyroid symptoms...?
Taurine stops the stress response and can reveal a poor metabolism. So it doesn't cause it, but reveals it.

Hans

Forum Supporter
thats interesting, where did you find this info? all the different b vitamins seem to have their own effects and side effects. I assume this only applies to the synthetic folic acid used in supplements and which many bread products are fortified with. i used to take a multivitamin with 18mg ferrous fumarate and 400mcg folic acid... every single day for like 5 or even 6 years... i think it probably permanently causes negative effects on metabolism even after stopping for 2 years
According to the work of Pfeiffer, folic acid (not natural folate) can raise histamine.
Have you tested ferritin, transferrin saturation, ceruloplasmin, serum iron, CRP and homocysteine to see if it caused dysregulation there?

Dr. B

According to the work of Pfeiffer, folic acid (not natural folate) can raise histamine.
Have you tested ferritin, transferrin saturation, ceruloplasmin, serum iron, CRP and homocysteine to see if it caused dysregulation there?

I did test all those besides ceruloplasmin, a few months after stopping the multi and all iron supplements. and all were in the middle of the range, whatever the range is for american values for those. But even so Id imagine there must be something going on long term. Growing up as a kid, probably from 6 years old through 15 or more... I had iron fortified cereal everyday. then from like 15 or 16 through 23, 18mg ferrous fumarate a day plus, 6 to 8oz ground beef a day.

Also drank tap water through that time which has copper from copper pipes. Maybe that nullified some of the effects of the iron. But Ray doesnt like free form copper nor free form iron.
A bit random but I noticed a skin lightening effect when I added in 1000mg vitamin C daily in highschool... I wonder if the excess copper led to overproducing melanin which the vitamin C then reduced back down.

regarding the taurine, that makes sense, its basically a cortisol blocker then. But I'm also curious wouldn't supplements of things like creatine, niacinamide, or taurine cause some sort of imbalance long term. all these amino acids and vitamins and minerals seem to have relationships with other amino acids and nutrients... 500mg taurine and 5grams creatine are big doses you probably couldnt get from food. I know with those two, the body produces them to an extent. But apparently choline is used to create creatine, so if you directly supplement creatine you may for instance cause excess choline if its no longer being used for the creatine production. same with tryptophan and niacin

Hans

Forum Supporter
But I'm also curious wouldn't supplements of things like creatine, niacinamide, or taurine cause some sort of imbalance long term. all these amino acids and vitamins and minerals seem to have relationships with other amino acids and nutrients
Most likely yes. They can be very therapeutic in the short term, but as someone improves their health, it's best to use them only occasionally. Although I think creatine can be used long term without side effects.

Dr. B

Most likely yes. They can be very therapeutic in the short term, but as someone improves their health, it's best to use them only occasionally. Although I think creatine can be used long term without side effects.

what about beta alanine, the numerous other isolated aminos like hmb, bcaa. there seems to be debate over vitamin D3... which you would think interacts only with the other fat solubles like A, E, K2 etc but some are saying D3 can reduce potassium/magnesium/some b vitamins and actually cause side effects from usage whereas some say its totally safe and just like natural sunlight

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals