Did You Ever Go Through A Vegetable-hating Phase?

I just don't seem to like vegetables these days. Kale, collards, spinach, just don't like them anymore. Used to love them. Don't eat many vegetables now.

Did you ever go through this phase? Did it pass?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I just don't seem to like vegetables these days. Kale, collards, spinach, just don't like them anymore. Used to love them. Don't eat many vegetables now.

Did you ever go through this phase? Did it pass?
Oh yeah, probably didn't really want vegetables for the first year of my Peat experience because I OD'd on them during paleo.

CoolTweetPete

I've never been a huge fan of vegetables. It's an incredible weight off my shoulders knowing that they are not the "super-food" the mainstream believes them to be.

I used to feel veggie shame when I was on the "Bulletproof" Diet because the guidelines were 8-10 servings of cooked veggies per day. There is not enough time in a life to steam 10 servings of vegetables every day.

marteagal

When passing the supermarket vegetable counter, I do not have cravings for this kind of food at all. And even before my Peating era, I did not really like eating veggies all day long. However, it was the only way to fill my stomach without eating the oh so bad simple carbohydrates.

scarlettsmum

Me too, never liked veggies. Only eat tomatoes, peas, cucumbers and the occasional pepper. Also asparagus at the moment. As cooltweetpete said, what a relief to know they are not superfood. Usually I just forced myself to eat broccoli, kale. Now I don't touch it.

DaveFoster

Don't care much for veggies now-adays. I used to eat about 3-5 lbs of salad every day for lunch back in high school. I got a reputation as the "healthy kid."

800mRepeats

Never much cared for vegetables. Ate a serving of well cooked veggies every day growing up - because my mother figured I should (she does not eat any vegetables save potatoes and tomato sauce (on pasta or pizza)).

Ate a ton of veggies when I was LCHF.
I don't mind them, but I don't crave them. They're fine as a vehicle for salt and butter. Can't say that I miss them.

Luann

I eat veg with less iron since Peat. Like romaine, carrot, yam, onion, green beans.

CoolTweetPete

InChristAlone

I haven't went out of my way for vegetables since I learned about Peat 4 years ago. I used to stuff them in a lot before that. Never eat something you don't like! I do like them roasted and salted occasionally. Salsa is also a favorite.

Lecarpetron

No interest anymore, and I used to love them. I hope I eventually regain the taste, just to jazz up omelettes and get some of the alleged phytonutrients.

lindsay

I LOVE vegetables!! Being vegetarian for years made me really appreciate the texture and crunchiness of veggies. They are great vehicles for dressing with flavors. But I rarely eat them nowadays because I really hate cooking or preparing them. Not to mention, they don't always digest well. That being said, I am going to try to incorporate more mushrooms into my diet - I just ate mushrooms that cooked in the crockpot all day today and I had them with pork liver and sautéed onions - and LOTS of ketchup (the best vegetable :lol:) Normally, however, I just eat raw carrots and the carrot salad because it's easy. But I really love many veggies - except Spinach. Popeye can keep his spinach and big arm muscles for all I care.

lvysaur

I've never actually liked the leafy cruciferous vegetables. I like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, and asparagus.

Makrosky

Yes, I'm right into it. I used to eat a lots of veggies but not anymore.

However, if I make a puree with all the boiled veggies, I still like it a lot and I think it's very beneficial.

Birdie

As a 5 year old I was made to sit at the table until I ate my peas. I remember crying.

Later in life ate many veggies/salads and was called a vegetarian by friends.
Now, I eat the vegs that are really fruits like young zucchinis. Well cooked with butter and salt.

I will make a broth using kale, but don't eat the leaves now.

Yeah, I was surprised the more Peat way of eating made me lose the taste for those other veggies.
My husband's the same. Sometimes we eat an avocado. A fruit. But even tho these appeal to us, cutting back for pufa, estrogen and similar reasons.
We eat cooked mushrooms and like those. I do the raw carrot.He quit that.

artist

Whenever I up my calories vegetables feel really unappealing I guess because it's hard to overfeed on cals and then have to stuff some low calorie food in as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals