Dental Help? Calcium Therapy Institute

Thanks for your reply, have you noticed improvement as far as strenthening of the enamel and whitening of the teeth?
Yes, it definitely worked for us. I was letting my kids eat gummy bears and such and we definitely paid the price with a bunch of cavities. But then I did a lot of research and decided it was worth it to try the Nano-hydroxyapatite(and no more gummies!). I had to order it from Japan originally(where it has been used for quite awhile) but now there are some American companies that have it. It may not be perfect but if it keeps us from having tooth decay and root canals I think the benefits outweigh the risks to me. However, everyone has to decide for themselves.
Nano-hydroxyapatite and dentistry

RealNeat

Yes, it definitely worked for us. I was letting my kids eat gummy bears and such and we definitely paid the price with a bunch of cavities. But then I did a lot of research and decided it was worth it to try the Nano-hydroxyapatite(and no more gummies!). I had to order it from Japan originally(where it has been used for quite awhile) but now there are some American companies that have it. It may not be perfect but if it keeps us from having tooth decay and root canals I think the benefits outweigh the risks to me. However, everyone has to decide for themselves.
Nano-hydroxyapatite and dentistry
I have no doubt it works. But going forward you may be able to eliminate the risks of nano particles being absorbed where they shouldn't be in the body by just using microcrystalline hydroxyapatite (MCHA), it's the same thing just larger particle size.

If you see it's not as effective, then switch back.

Just a suggestion of course.

RealNeat

Do you have any evidence of this? I researched and was comfortable with its safety record. It was that or back to fluoride so I am choosing the lesser of two evils. But everyone has to decide for themselves what they are comfortable with. I totally understand being wary of "nano" stuff.
No I don't have evidence that nano hydroxyapatite specifically is dangerous, but nano particles in general are not safe so I don't see a reason for exception. Much like asbestos being a carcinogen is well understood but the fact that the particle size is a main issue is not recognized so people falsely assume fiberglass is better. It's not so much the substance that's the problem as much as the particle size. "Particles in Context" is a good article by Ray Peat.

Birdie

No I don't have evidence that nano hydroxyapatite specifically is dangerous, but nano particles in general are not safe so I don't see a reason for exception. Much like asbestos being a carcinogen is well understood but the fact that the particle size is a main issue is not recognized so people falsely assume fiberglass is better. It's not so much the substance that's the problem as much as the particle size. "Particles in Context" is a good article by Ray Peat.
Thanks

Birdie

I see one hydroxyapatite on amazon that's without nano particles. Periosciences $17.55 for 3 oz if you sign up with "Subscribe and Save". A lot of other stuff in it that I'd like to avoid tho...

sunny

Nano HA is dangerous. Trading one issue for others to come. Use MCHA instead, it's available in bulk with labs confirming micronized form instead of nano, it's from real cow bones.

Also calcium therapy institute doesn't reply to my emails and their product is contaminated with impurities like titanium dioxide, yet another product with efficacy in return for toxicity. It's a trade off, but doesn't need to be. I believe it's mainly calcium hydroxide in their product. Look up the patents for calcium materials, you will see what's what.

Manhart has good intentions, he just needs people to revamp his products to the best they can be.

Also in the challenge study you linked I don't think calcium sucrose phosphate is the same as the calcium materials he uses. Look up patents, they aren't his, but explain what he is referring to. I think they would work nicely together (calcium hydroxide, MCHA, magnesium and zinc)
Why do you say the products are contaminated with titanium dioxide? How did you find that out? Interested because I have the calcium. Therapy products.

RealNeat

Why do you say the products are contaminated with titanium dioxide? How did you find that out? Interested because I have the calcium. Therapy products.
It's poor word choice on my part to say titanium dioxide is a contaminant, it's added in there intentionally as that's likely how the materials come before they produce their products.

I looked into the patents for these products months ago, and though the concept is sound and even Ray has said some favorable things of calcium hydroxide materials, the materials are far from pure.

I found food colorings and titanium dioxide for example and there are only a few manufactures of these materials. Dr. Manhart claims it's more than just calcium hydroxide in his book and he's right, but I think a calcium hydroxide and zinc paste can achieve much of the same benefits with less fillers and fragrances (my order smelled of some synthetic fragrance)

My friend who is trying it regularly gets GI distress form the chips, possibly from swallowing it and either the fillers or the calcium hydroxide it's self causing irritation.

Is it less toxic than conventional dentistry materials? I guess but these are also conventional materials, which means inactive ingredients which are in actuality "active"

In certain dental situations I'm sure it'd be worth it, but I'm not shire how much I'd lean on it for preventative measures. I'll try and find the patented materials he uses for his products again.

The names of the materials used, their ingredients and patents can be found using this paper.

They don't answer my emails, so I can't fully verify my claims.

RealNeat

I see one hydroxyapatite on amazon that's without nano particles. Periosciences $17.55 for 3 oz if you sign up with "Subscribe and Save". A lot of other stuff in it that I'd like to avoid tho...
Shine tooth powder is where I get mine. Very clean. They have CoA but natural bone will unfortunately have some lead in it.

sunny

This is a Q and A from their website. What form of calcium would this be?

Where do you source the calcium and the ingredients in your products?​

QUESTION: I was referred to your website by my Mother’s dentist. Mom and I are interested in Dr. Manhart’s calcium therapy, and we have some questions. Before we consider purchasing the starter kit, we would like to know where you source the calcium and the ingredients in your products. We are very concerned about Strontium 90 and other contaminants that are in BONE calcium from cattle used in some calcium products. Also, we would appreciate confirmation whether your products re-mineralize and rebuild tooth enamel/tooth structure? – BT in CA

ANSWER:
BT, the calcium we use is normal industrial calcium from the earth. We do not claim these calcium materials grown or rebuild enamel, but they certainly re-mineralize and strengthen enamel, the entire tooth, ligament and bone. The zinc and magnesium in these calcium materials are terrific for the gums as well.
Dr. Mark

Servier

Shine tooth powder is where I get mine. Very clean. They have CoA but natural bone will unfortunately have some lead in it.
I have just checked their website and the Shine looks excellent. How long have you been using it ? Did you notice the remineralizing / whitening effect that the claim as a result of a daily usage ?

freyasam

Hello, did you manage to place an order or talk to them ?

I've just tried to place an order from France, and it didn't succeed. Also sent them an e-mail and haven't been answered yet.

Does any one here knows if they are still active and distributing their services/products ?

Thanks
Yes I did receive the order I placed though I was pretty disappointed with the products.

RealNeat

This is a Q and A from their website. What form of calcium would this be?

Where do you source the calcium and the ingredients in your products?​

QUESTION: I was referred to your website by my Mother’s dentist. Mom and I are interested in Dr. Manhart’s calcium therapy, and we have some questions. Before we consider purchasing the starter kit, we would like to know where you source the calcium and the ingredients in your products. We are very concerned about Strontium 90 and other contaminants that are in BONE calcium from cattle used in some calcium products. Also, we would appreciate confirmation whether your products re-mineralize and rebuild tooth enamel/tooth structure? – BT in CA

ANSWER:
BT, the calcium we use is normal industrial calcium from the earth. We do not claim these calcium materials grown or rebuild enamel, but they certainly re-mineralize and strengthen enamel, the entire tooth, ligament and bone. The zinc and magnesium in these calcium materials are terrific for the gums as well.
Dr. Mark
Yes I'm looking more into if there is high strontium 90 in New Zealand cattle bones. It seems cows are more intelligent/ aware than we give them credit for. Read first post in this thread.

Last edited:

sunny

Yes I'm looking more into if there is high strontium 90 in New Zealand cattle bones. It seems cows are more intelligent/ aware than we give them credit for. Read first post in this thread.

Manharts answer says they are using industrial calcium from the earth.

RealNeat

Manharts answer says they are using industrial calcium from the earth.
I'm talking about MCHA not the calcium materials. The calcium materials are just calcium hydroxide, that wouldn't have strontium 90.

Summer

Hmm. Any opinions on calcium carbonate? I found a tooth powder made by the brand Uncle Harry’s that I’ve been brushing with for the past few days. Using it along with their mouthwash and remineralization liquid has my mouth feeling pretty good so far.

RealNeat

Hmm. Any opinions on calcium carbonate? I found a tooth powder made by the brand Uncle Harry’s that I’ve been brushing with for the past few days. Using it along with their mouthwash and remineralization liquid has my mouth feeling pretty good so far.
That's what I used for a long time, also essential oxygen tooth polish. calcium carbonate is good and safe but not if it causes sensitivity from too corse of particles. MCHA and calcium materials are more effective at mineralization I think. One has smaller particles and more biological form than the carbonate and the other is more alkaline causing teeth to reminerlize quicker.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals