Cyproheptadine Nullifies My Coffee-intolerance

Kunstruct

Cypro makes me feel retarded as hell, presumably because of it’s anti-cholinergic (and maybe anti-dopaminergic) effects. Actually, I really get (not only feel) dumb, I have trouble finding pretty basic vocabulary etc. No amount of coffee could make up for that.
I think there’s even a Peat quote where he explicitly says it makes you retarded because it is decreasing overall neurotransmitters.

But good for you if that doesn’t apply to you @GorillaHead

What dosage and is it topical or oral?

aguineapig

Cypro makes me feel retarded as hell, presumably because of it’s anti-cholinergic (and maybe anti-dopaminergic) effects. Actually, I really get (not only feel) dumb, I have trouble finding pretty basic vocabulary etc. No amount of coffee could make up for that.
I think there’s even a Peat quote where he explicitly says it makes you retarded because it is decreasing overall neurotransmitters.

I always used it in conjunction with other things, like tobacco or buspirone, to raise dopamine. Lately I've been getting into small engine repair while on cypro which I never had the patience to do before. I do get what you mean though, and that's why I can only do well in conjunction.

milkboi

What dosage and is it topical or oral?

Oral, always. I used larger doses like 1-2, even up to 4mg, in the past, but now I only use 0,5mg a few hours before bed.

I always used it in conjunction with other things, like tobacco or buspirone, to raise dopamine. Lately I've been getting into small engine repair while on cypro which I never had the patience to do before. I do get what you mean though, and that's why I can only do well in conjunction.

That’s impressive. I’m using nicotine too at the moment, so I have to give the combination a try, I can see how it would balance out Cypro’s effects, and make for a nice high dopamine, low stress state.

Kunstruct

Oral, always. I used larger doses like 1-2, even up to 4mg, in the past, but now I only use 0,5mg a few hours before bed.

I have used it topically without getting into those issues, only 1mg to 1.5mg.
Maybe topical is not as effective? Or less sides this way?

milkboi

I have used it topically without getting into those issues, only 1mg to 1.5mg.
Maybe topical is not as effective? Or less sides this way?

Yeah, I’d think so. You are probably just getting a lower dosage. I might try 0,25 mg too, but it will be hard to break down the tablets to such a small level.

GorillaHead

i think my neurotransmitters are over transmitting. Like i am so hyper. Hypersexual. hyperthoughts. Hyperenergy. Hypervocal. Hyper skinny lol

username

Cypro has made caffeine work again as a stimulant. For years now it has stopped having any uplifting affect whatsoever, but after starting daily cypro around a week ago, I am noticing a significant pick me up and mild euphoria from caffeine. Even after 3+ months of abstaining from caffeine in the past year, I got literally no boost whatsoever when resuming. I am trying to wrap my mind around this. It doesn't seem like it is a blood sugar thing to me. I have been extremely anhedonic over the past couple of yeras. What else could cypro be telling me about my body chemsitry and how to improve?