Cypro = amazing but...

Meathead

I gain so much weight and only take .5 (1drop) I take it for 3 days then take 1 day off. It literally improves everything social, anxieties, my conversations with people. It's insane how much this has helped me. The only downfall is I've gained quite a few pounds in the past month of taking it and I'm in good shape but growing belly fat quickly because my apetite is huge when taking cypro. Any reccommendations besides eating less ha ha. ha I lift a few times a week too but the diet is my issue.

Beastmode

I gain so much weight and only take .5 (1drop) I take it for 3 days then take 1 day off. It literally improves everything social, anxieties, my conversations with people. It's insane how much this has helped me. The only downfall is I've gained quite a few pounds in the past month of taking it and I'm in good shape but growing belly fat quickly because my apetite is huge when taking cypro. Any reccommendations besides eating less ha ha. ha I lift a few times a week too but the diet is my issue.

Taking cypro and other powerful drugs/supplements can really bring out your underlying state. If you're having all those positive benefits, be really diligent with the other stuff (sleep, daily sunlight, proper food intake.)

Most undervalue sleep until they actually give it enough focus and time to really see the difference it makes for everything. You might find less need for cypro when you get your sleep sorted.

DaveFoster

Dr. Peat said to me that he thinks that the weight gain can be controlled with caffeine and vitamin D.

Last edited:
OP
M

Meathead

Taking cypro and other powerful drugs/supplements can really bring out your underlying state. If you're having all those positive benefits, be really diligent with the other stuff (sleep, daily sunlight, proper food intake.)

Most undervalue sleep until they actually give it enough focus and time to really see the difference it makes for everything. You might find less need for cypro when you get your sleep sorted.
Def could use more sleep. I'll work on that.

Also, whatever cypro does to my body I'm def doing the opposite of and deficient in some sorta hormones because all the negative anxiety mood everything goes away...I dont think im depressed haha

Last edited:
OP
M

Meathead

Dr. Peat said to me that he believes that he thinks that the weight gain can be controlled with caffeine and vitamin D.

I love caffeine. I could take Vit-D and see if that helps. Thanks for the info guys!

redsun

You need an anti-serotonin effect without the strong antihistamine effect.

OP
M

Meathead

You need an anti-serotonin effect without the strong antihistamine effect.
I wonder what other supps are identical to Cypro, if any...Aside from the weight loss and the feeling my teeth feel weaker (because theyre more sensitive when I take it) its literally the best supp Ive taken and this feeling is amazing. Im able to do things with confidence that was tough before...

redsun

I wonder what other supps are identical to Cypro, if any...Aside from the weight loss and the feeling my teeth feel weaker (because theyre more sensitive when I take it) its literally the best supp Ive taken and this feeling is amazing. Im able to do things with confidence that was tough before...
Yeh thats not really good. You probably have less saliva which is vital to protecting the teeth. Hans has some good articles with things to try for reducing serotonin. Excess serotonin promotes fear and generally kills your ability to feel confident. It tends to negatively affect androgens, reduce dopamine, reduce cognition overall. An overall health-promoting approach with emphasis on nutrient dense foods, adequate sleep, and mindful supplementation is the most effective way to raise androgens (which are vital for confidence, reducing fear in men) and lower serotonin.

OP
M

Meathead

Yeh thats not really good. You probably have less saliva which is vital to protecting the teeth. Hans has some good articles with things to try for reducing serotonin. Excess serotonin promotes fear and generally kills your ability to feel confident. It tends to negatively affect androgens, reduce dopamine, reduce cognition overall. An overall health-promoting approach with emphasis on nutrient dense foods, adequate sleep, and mindful supplementation is the most effective way to raise androgens (which are vital for confidence, reducing fear in men) and lower serotonin.
Yeah you're right. I'd love to get to the root cause of these issues. I think you're right high serotonin levels is probably it. I think it's been a chronic problem for years lol....thanks for taking the time to help me out. I appreciate all the info I'm reading.

mrchibbs

Cypro is definitely great for emergencies and to shut off stress quickly. Doesn't solve underlying issues but can bring relief in acute situations and so is best used as a tool, with intermittent use IMO

NommyWommy

What time of day do you take the cypro? Thanks

miraddo

Remember that cypro lowers cortisol as well as some pituitary hormones, so it would also be slightly anabolic. Some of that weight gain is muscle too.

Mauritio

Read my argument for /against cypro in this thread. I dont think it's a coincidence that people gain weight on cypro . it has to do with the D2 receptor .
Maybe you could try taking a D2 agonist with it ,that cloud help.

Gustav3Y

Cyproheptadine is known all over the world as causing rapid weight gain, it is mainly on this forum where this effect is refused to be recognized.

Last edited:

Dr. B

Cyproheptadine is know all over the world as causing rapid weight gain, it is mainly on this forum where this effect is refused to be recognized.
by what mechanism does it cause weight gain? since it seems to boost metabolism
does it increase cortisol, cause insulin resistance, affect thyroid negatively, etc?

Gustav3Y

One of the most common brands for Cyprohetadine is Periactin, so when talking to regular doctors often only that brand name rings a bell for them more than often.
I have talked to older ones and they associate it with "we used to give that to children to gain weight" or "people were not happy because they were gaining weight on it"
You may hear bodybuilders talk about Periactin, positives and negative, etc.

The drugs has lots of interactions ( for example like Mauritio mentions), this is why I never felt it is worth of being call only an "Antihistamine", or powerful antihistamine how a certain influencing member likes to say sometimes.

Inhibitory effects of cyproheptadine on pituitary-thyroid axis and pancreatic beta cells in rats

Gustav3Y

Worth mentioning that I read a couple of times about Cushing syndrome (too much ACTH from the pituitary causes too much Cortisol) in horses being treated with a a so called a so D2 agonist (Pergolide) and Cyproheptadine.

I find that combination quite interesting.
It is quite interesting how they refer to it in veterinary use as anti serotonin syndrome rather the preferred term of some, an anti-histamine, which I think it is a underwhelming term for Cyproheptadine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals