Marijuana, cypro, endotoxin and the functional purpose of serotonin

FredSonoma

TL;DR: blocking serotonin temporarily makes me feel great bc I have high serotonin, but the serotonin might actually be playing a functional purpose for my stomach / endotoxin thus I wind up actually getting sicker from bloating / bad bacteria / enditoxin.

So last night a LOT of things connected in my head... From stuff from more than 3 years ago, before paleo, before peat... From back when i was a weed smoking 40 drinking french fry eating **** hole lol.

When I was a freshman in college I hated how awkward I felt, looking back I think it might have been high endotoxin and serotonin - However, I think I was considerably less estrogenic than during my paleo days or even now (which is after getting food poisoning that lead to reactive arthritis / being extremely ill for 6 months)

When I first started smoking weed 3 years ago, I loved it... When I first started taking cypro 2 weeks ago I loved it. Weed and cypro gave me this absurd confidence and I felt like I was just effortlessly floating through life. However, as time went on, my stomach got worse. My digestion felt clogged up, I would feel intensely socially awkward at some times and very confident at others. However I think smoking a lot of weed played a part in me inevitably getting very sick - the slowing down of my digestion and the build up of endotoxin inevitably destroying my body (and my liver?) leading to a debilitating autoimmune disease. I also got food poisoning three times in a span of 6 months and started going insane as i was convinced certain foods were bad and inevitably became a fking raw vegan.

I have had a much much milder but similar experience the past two weeks with the cypro. The differing of the awkwardness / confidence, slowing down of digestion, but a love for the feeling of low serotonin combined w what seems to be high endotoxin making me feel really weird. Ive also had diarrhea and smelly gas every day of my second week of cypro, despite the fact that i barely eat fiber and never eat starch.

Is there any evidence of truth to this - that serotonin plays a functional purpose in ridding the body of endotoxin? Meaning people with bad bloating / intestinal problems should avoid cypro?

answersfound

I think you just have to go with instincts here and ask yourself if you think Cyproheptadine is still benefiting you. It sounds like cypro is beating serotonin down so much, you don't have enough serotonin for intestinal motility. Maybe shift your focus to dopamine increasing. Caffeine, theanine, vitamin e, etc. like we discussed.

Marijuana smoke increases estrogen. Some of my darkest times were when I was a chronic pot smoker. I really don't think it should be legalized. It gave me bad depression and anxiety.

The bottom line is the body knows best. I eat a good amount of starch and don't think much of it. I've always craved starch since I was a kid. Noodles and butter were a staple for me growing up. Sometimes people become Peat Nazis and deprive themselves of too much. As josh Rubin likes to say, "the body knows best."

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 107098 I think you just have to go with instincts here and ask yourself if you think Cyproheptadine is still benefiting you. It sounds like cypro is beating serotonin down so much, you don't have enough serotonin for intestinal motility. Maybe shift your focus to dopamine increasing. Caffeine, theanine, vitamin e, etc. like we discussed.

Marijuana smoke increases estrogen. Some of my darkest times were when I was a chronic pot smoker. I really don't think it should be legalized. It gave me bad depression and anxiety.

The bottom line is the body knows best. I eat a good amount of starch and don't think much of it. I've always craved starch since I was a kid. Noodles and butter were a staple for me growing up. Sometimes people become Peat Nazis and deprive themselves of too much. As josh Rubin likes to say, "the body knows best."

I was thinking the same thing... I'm about to order the caffeine / theanine supplement you told me about. From what I'm reading here, with 1. my propensity to gain weight (I've gained 30 pounds since starting Peating 4 months ago), 2. my digestive issues (bloating, loose bowels / constipation, starch intolerance), and 3. my trouble with too much sugar / too low fat, that my live is probably an issue. So I am hoping that with a strong liver, my digestion will improve and somehow get rid of whatever shitty bacteria is causing my bloating / serotonin / endotoxin / fked-up-ness!!

Last edited by a moderator:

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 107117
answersfound said:
post 107098 I think you just have to go with instincts here and ask yourself if you think Cyproheptadine is still benefiting you. It sounds like cypro is beating serotonin down so much, you don't have enough serotonin for intestinal motility. Maybe shift your focus to dopamine increasing. Caffeine, theanine, vitamin e, etc. like we discussed.

I was thinking the same thing... I'm about to order the caffeine / theanine supplement you told me about. From what I'm reading here, with 1. my propensity to gain weight (I've gained 30 pounds since starting Peating 4 months ago), 2. my digestive issues (bloating, loose bowels / constipation, starch intolerance), and 3. my trouble with too much sugar / too low fat, that my live is probably an issue. So I am hoping that with a strong liver, my digestion will improve and somehow get rid of whatever s****y bacteria is causing my bloating / serotonin / endotoxin / fked-up-ness!!

Great...sounds like your on the right track....there's two supps one with 100 mg and one with 200 mg caffeine....I kinda wish I got the 200 because tolerance builds quickly so I'm drinking coffee in addition to the pills....so just something to consider

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 107118
FredSonoma said:
post 107117
answersfound said:

I was thinking the same thing... I'm about to order the caffeine / theanine supplement you told me about. From what I'm reading here, with 1. my propensity to gain weight (I've gained 30 pounds since starting Peating 4 months ago), 2. my digestive issues (bloating, loose bowels / constipation, starch intolerance), and 3. my trouble with too much sugar / too low fat, that my live is probably an issue. So I am hoping that with a strong liver, my digestion will improve and somehow get rid of whatever s****y bacteria is causing my bloating / serotonin / endotoxin / fked-up-ness!!

Great...sounds like your on the right track....there's two supps one with 100 mg and one with 200 mg caffeine....I kinda wish I got the 200 because tolerance builds quickly so I'm drinking coffee in addition to the pills....so just something to consider

Alright thanks!

Parsifal

We have similar issues.
Are you doing the raw carrot salad?
The morning coffee helps me a bit with constipation but I will try a thyroid glandular and theanine soon as well because I need some stimulation for my gut. 30 min red light on my belly helps a bit with constipation.
Some yoga exercises for constipation might help as well.

What are your temps?

answersfound said:

Some people here find it beneficial and therapeutic but I don't think that they are smoking a lot (or even that they are smoking it). Definitely not for everyone, especially if it makes you cold/constipated.
The anxiety might come from endotoxins from constipation, the estrogenic effect and the fact that it increases brain metabolism (so if you don't eat enough, especially sugar and have high PUFA in brain, that might lead to anxiety) and lipolysis (IIRC). I've also read that it stimulates iNOS which lead to elevated NO (but I wonder if this happens when eaten)?

I don't believe that legalization is worst than prohibition, in some countries where it is tolerated people tend to smoke it less, that would destroy illegal cartels as well and make less drama in prisons and less money spent on this issue.

lexis

There was a post in the forum about how one stress hormone(or a stress factor) compensates for another factor.Like when you lower your high adrenalin,high histamine symptoms flare up.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals