Could taking a lot of DHT "masculinize" me?

I've suspected for a long time that I had hypothyroidism as a child. I was fat until my early 20s, and I only became more normal size after essentially starving myself and doing intensive exercise. I've always also had trouble gaining in the gym. Unfortunately, even after health improvements, I still deal with the problem of looking quite young. I essentially have the face and body of a child even though I'm an adult. I was thinking of doing and extended course of DHT in hopes to try and eke out a bit more puberty. How unwise/unsafe would this be?

golder

I’ve also been hypothyroid since my teens. Waking up ice cold every day and not knowing what it was/if it was even a problem.
I wonder if we missed out on growth hormone too as all my bones/skeletal structure is incredibly small like a woman. I know Ray doesn’t look on growth hormone favourably, but I wonder if he would consider it differently for us that have had suboptimal exposure of it over the course of our life?

GreekDemiGod

First of all, if you're not lifting weights, get into the habit. It will masculinize your body and also your face, to some degree, since it will probably elevate your Testosterone/ androgens. But don't expect quick changes, these will happen in years if you do it consistently.

Jremy25

I’m going to give this a go by running DHT gel and transcrotal T gel for 12 months.

AdoTintor

I’m going to give this a go by running DHT gel and transcrotal T gel for 12 months.

do you mean cycling in and out for 12 months, or just straight 12 months? Bodybuilders have been honing the way to use this stuff for decades so I would try and work out what they do and what their protocols are and why.

Jremy25

do you mean cycling in and out for 12 months, or just straight 12 months? Bodybuilders have been honing the way to use this stuff for decades so I would try and work out what they do and what their protocols are and why.
Continuous daily use for 12 months.

DHT purely is interesting in that I have never seen many true "before and afters" of guys running the stuff.

You see loads of such with testosterone and such, but DHT alone may be significantly different.

Either way I'd venture it won't help much.

If anything it will make the skin look aged pretty easily if you go overboard, which is probably not what you would want. You say you don't like looking young but looking young is GOOD -- what isn't is looking young and unattractive. Masculine studs can have boyish or juvenile features retained, while brute-looking guys can just look more worn and even less appealing.

My 2 cents: better to look young & not masculine than masculine and uglier. If masculinity is all one is after either try JamesGatz's posture recommendations or just get a custom jaw implant ... It is a start.

Custom-Chin-and-Jaw-Before-and-After-3_4.png

steel_reserve

A guy on 4chan said he put lugols on his balls and the next morning had a brow ridge. #orangeballs

PeteHolb

A guy on 4chan said he put lugols on his balls and the next morning had a brow ridge. #orangeballs

There is some info out there regarding testicle paining with iodine. You are supposed to rub magnesium oil on the body as well.

JamesGatz

Well I see T and DHT to be 2 completely different effects and I think both technically fit a definition of masculinize:

When high T I would say the look is more sexually attractive in the moment
- I think the body looks more sexually dimorphic and I think bone structure in the face "pops" to signal that you are aroused.

But I find serotonin and estradiol especially to become problematic if you are blasting T - I believe it's difficult for the body to maintain high T without subsequently raising stress hormones so overall I don't think high T is useful in the long-run.

It's like when girls wear make-up - they may look sexually attractive/aroused in the moment, but I view it as a "stressful" type of arousal that back-fires long-term

When high DHT - I think is infinitely more useful in the long run - If you are actually looking to grow actual bone mass and increase skull, hand, feet, etc. size then absolutely I would stick with DHT. The DHT effect on the bones in the moment makes the mass of the bone appear thicker/with more mass, but it doesn't have that "pop" that T does.

If by masculinize, you mean you are looking to actually grow bone and blow open your jaws then I would stick to DHT and personally I wouldn't use T because I actually believe it works against you in this regard

OP
L
Well I see T and DHT to be 2 completely different effects and I think both technically fit a definition of masculinize:

When high T I would say the look is more sexually attractive in the moment
- I think the body looks more sexually dimorphic and I think bone structure in the face "pops" to signal that you are aroused.

But I find serotonin and estradiol especially to become problematic if you are blasting T - I believe it's difficult for the body to maintain high T without subsequently raising stress hormones so overall I don't think high T is useful in the long-run.

It's like when girls wear make-up - they may look sexually attractive/aroused in the moment, but I view it as a "stressful" type of arousal that back-fires long-term

When high DHT - I think is infinitely more useful in the long run - If you are actually looking to grow actual bone mass and increase skull, hand, feet, etc. size then absolutely I would stick with DHT. The DHT effect on the bones in the moment makes the mass of the bone appear thicker/with more mass, but it doesn't have that "pop" that T does.

If by masculinize, you mean you are looking to actually grow bone and blow open your jaws then I would stick to DHT and personally I wouldn't use T because I actually believe it works against you in this regard
Just to be clear here, you've never used exogenous DHT , correct?

Risingfire

I've suspected for a long time that I had hypothyroidism as a child. I was fat until my early 20s, and I only became more normal size after essentially starving myself and doing intensive exercise. I've always also had trouble gaining in the gym. Unfortunately, even after health improvements, I still deal with the problem of looking quite young. I essentially have the face and body of a child even though I'm an adult. I was thinking of doing and extended course of DHT in hopes to try and eke out a bit more puberty. How unwise/unsafe would this be?
If you take DHT, be sure to take the youth associated hormones with it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals