Could Bone Loss In The Face Be The Real Culprit Of Nasolabial Folds ?

As I was surfing the web I noticed doctors saying that nasolabial folds can develop not necessarily from collagen or elastin missing , but that the bone changes shape with age and bone loss will cause the face to "sunk"

m90z5UnaQby6CCqCsENj_aging-face-ppt-6-638.jpg

Do you guys believe there could be anything done to the bone in the face to reverse the loss ? or any supplement if this is the main culprit ?

opethfeldt

I've had them since my teenage years. Not sure I had bone loss that young. It's certainly one possible cause, though.

Bones are primarily collagen. If you want to build bone or reduce bone loss, prioritize eating protein. Bones are also calcium phosphate, so you need minerals. Fat soluable vitamins play a role as well. Finally, weighted resistance training dramatically boosts this bone building process. Yes, even your facial bones stand to improve (consider how likely it is for your efforts to selectively target your humeri and femurs alone).

lampofred

Might be kind of an odd and vain question but how do you increase wrinkles in a metabolically healthy way? I always thought forehead wrinkles looked kind of cool (if accompanied by a full head of hair and a straight hairline).

Might be kind of an odd and vain question but how do you increase wrinkles in a metabolically healthy way? I always thought forehead wrinkles looked kind of cool (if accompanied by a full head of hair and a straight hairline).

Probably direct sun exposure on face.

Alternatively, you might get a job that necessitates furrowing your brow at subordinates in the line of duty.

I’m not sure about nasolabial folds, but bone loss in the face is a major factor that not a lot of people consider. It is definitely the reason as to if someone has a chiseled or soft looking face depending on how much bone is present. Bone loss is something that can happen to somebody even when they are younger. For instance, if someone is trying to get really lean and lose a lot of weight, they can potentially lose bone during this phase.. that’s what happened to me at least. Eating/ chewing more and following a peat-style diet has helped

Last edited:

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Look into mewing / Mike Mew.
The changes in the maxilla seem to be involved in shape and function.

Bogdar

Mew's family, "orthodontist" for 3 generations are very informed about the subject. According to him it's not bone loss per se, but bone re-arrangement because of muscle atrophy and/or disfunctioning. I'm young and have marked nasolabialfolds since my face started "melting".

To prevent it, a good oral neck posture and good stimulation by eating tough food is mandatory. The tongue and masticatory muscles must stay active. There is way more to learn on his yt videos or in his book but the latter is pretty expensive.

Rick K

Children. Have plenty of children and chronic facial contortion and distortion will be a given. In particular, boys with an inherent misunderstanding of volatiles and flammables.

Jamesu

I believe that bone loss/ collagen loss may play into one another. However, if one were to have a recessed maxilla, then the chances that nasolabial folds appear may increase as having a recessed maxilla leaves the soft facial tissue to essentially droop downward, instead of projecting upwards/outwards. On the other hand, the decline in collagen could lead to fibrosis occurring in response to normal folding which occurs when smiling or raising the upper lip/ spreading the philtrum.

pepsi

Our society places a lot of emphasis on complex carbohydrates being healthy and sugar bad.

Dr Peat wrote that starches contribute to osteoporosis and bone underdevelopment. In a diet with sucrose, there was normal bone
development, but in a diet of starches, there was not. These diets were deficient in vitamin D, but probably most people have this deficiency anyway.

Seems like a diet with glucose but no starches can help prevent this facial bone loss and sag that people experience as they age.

Glucose and sucrose for diabetes - Dr Ray Peat
"When animals were fed an otherwise balanced diet lacking vitamin D, with the addition of either 68% sucrose or 68% starch, the bones of those on the starch diet failed to develop normally, as would be expected with a vitamin D deficiency, and their serum calcium was low. However, the bones of those on the diet with sucrose developed properly, and didn't show evidence of being calcium deficient, though they weren't quite as heavy as those that also received an adequate amount of vitamin D (Artus, 1975). This study suggests that the famous dietetic emphasis on the "complex carbohydrates," i.e., starches, has made an important contribution to the prevalence of osteoporosis, as well as obesity and other degeneration conditions."

Apple

Mew's family, "orthodontist" for 3 generations are very informed about the subject. According to him it's not bone loss per se, but bone re-arrangement because of muscle atrophy and/or disfunctioning. I'm young and have marked nasolabialfolds since my face started "melting".

To prevent it, a good oral neck posture and good stimulation by eating tough food is mandatory. The tongue and masticatory muscles must stay active. There is way more to learn on his yt videos or in his book but the latter is pretty expensive.

But why do kids have no nasolabial folds. Their jaws (muscles ,bones, teeth) are not fully developed, yet their cheeks seem somehow swollen. Is it possible to achive this effect, at least partially, for an adult ?
Though I just saw a couple of mongolian etnicity in their 60th with this kind of baby face (and very thick hair). A bit strange but they looked as if radiant with health despite old age compared to locals with gaunted faces.
t_ZQMxKgqpN2ka_9wZFhh5yGDPP2SkMx.jpg

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals