Colloidal Silver

But can you take antibiotics without risking a fungal infection, or an antifungal without risking a bacterial infection. The silver ion is unique in that it inhibits both of those (the nonresistant strains of cours.)

does it? can't you just take vitamin A or have good digestion afterwards to get rid of the fungus?

yerrag

what is colloidal science laboratory? some made up thing to sound official? i don't see any science backing what he is saying up, he is just saying words. he says this:

he Blue Man story became a major media disinformation event which was produced by a public relations firm and paid for by a pharmaceutical interest. The purpose of this campaign was to scare the public away from using colloidal silver products.

okay.. who paid for it? where did he get this information from?

then he talks about how the guy added sea salt to distilled water and that is what caused it? WTF? so you can't have salt with it? what about salt in your normal diet? i don't know, it just all sounds really sketchy, and i hate these curezone-esque sites that people worship as truth with no backup. it reminds me of the people who say drinking turpentine is good for you, and the lady who is pushing it is a ex medical doctor who lost her license in america, so you know she is bad all ready because even the crazy MD's won't take her in, and then on top of that she goes to costa rica to push it on the internet.

it is just really, really sketchy. i can make a site just like that and write a bunch of stuff too.
That's why I say it is pro-colloidal silver, and so it is implied that you need to take what it says with a grain of salt. But hey, you hear about blue man and you want to get all sides there is to the story. Do you have to find all answers backed up by well-referenced studies? What if you don't find them? Does that mean they're not worthy of consideration? What is this ***t you have on turpentine? So because you are eeked by the fact that it's an ingredient in paint, doesn't mean it has no other uses that is beneficial to our health. Well, if you start from reading about terpenes, and that it is in Ling Zhi mushrooms, and also in cannabinoids, and realize that turpentine also contains terpenes, would you be so against it? The ex-medical doctor is Jennifer Daniels. Come on, give her a name. And because she lost her license she is ex-communicated by you? Don't you want to hear her side of the story? If you're going to base your choices on what the AMA and the medical licensing board dictates, you're free to do so.

And while you're at it, you can follow the "heart-healthy" diet that the American Heart Association so lovingly recommends.

yerrag

After much research, and being convinced as well, that what you want is the smaller colloidal silver, versus the larger ionic silver, I decided to make my own at home, via these instructions.

That site also references a seller that supposedly is true to the colloidal process, if you don't want to make it yourself. I've purchased from them once, to judge how their product is compared to my home-made, and it is very similar--no dark matter, or larger particles, and with a laser pointer it shows what I understand to be colloidal particles. Also, their prices are very good, and they offer a glass bottle option.
That is a long read and I got so far half-way through it. But it's interesting reading and if there's a way to make real colloidal silver (high percentage of colloids over ions that is), that would be great. Having to use a real silver bullionette (forgot what to call it) certainly adds panache to it. It's been so long since I've touched a 9V battery that even seeing them used has the feel of a high school science project. When will you make your first batch of it? Would be interesting to see how yours turn out. If I were using colloidal silver regularly, as in the case of someone who uses it to better control UTI from occurring, it sure would turn up big savings over having to shell out $30 monthly for MesoSilver.

yerrag

One of our forum members (@burtlancast) is convinced that Cutler is serving as a disinformation agent of the ADA (and perhaps the AMA), a limited hangout shepherding-type whose raison d'etre is to flock together as many amalgam-poisoned individuals as his popularity will allow onto which are given recommendations for doing nearly everything besides taking legal action. It's true that silver has some affinity for thiols, but to a much lesser extent than does Hg²⁺. Most scientists seem to consider Ag⁺ relatively nontoxic—perhaps even less than so selenium, copper, zinc, iron, and manganese, although it's not considered essential. This is a monovalent cation like K⁺ and Na⁺ and doesn't have the radical-generating redox activity as does iron and manganese (or nitrate). I would bet that the majority so-reported 'silver toxicity' actually stems from the use of silver nitrate (Ag⁺NO₃⁻), the most popular form, with the majority of the side-effects attributable to its downstream reactive nitrogen species: nitrogen dioxide, nitric oxide, and especially peroxynitrite are quite damaging. The argyria observed consequent of silver oxide ingestion actually demonstrates this element's general safety, as the skin color change merely indicates how much a person can actually have in their body without any having any other significant side effect. If I had to take a pick between Andrew Cutler giving an honest appraisal of of silver ions and him being disingenuous—perhaps to detract from mercury's toxicity by focusing on silver, also contained in amalgam fillings—I would choose the latter. The silver ion has a very good track record for safety and is highly effective. Only silver nano- and microparticles appear capable of absorbing enough light to change skin color, and I have seen no case reports of argyria being caused by the much smaller electrically-generated Ag⁺ ions.
That's very reassuring to hear. I'm inclined to use colloidal silver and this is good news. While I'm slowly getting won over to Ray's idea of using pharma antibiotics and even phages, I still consider them a last resort. I'm happy that there are natural alternatives that are not only wide-spectrum, but are a triple threat as they can be anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal. Not only that, side-effects from use are minimized as well. Since these natural antibiotics are not new discoveries, their toxicities and contraindications are well known and vetted by the passage of time, in contrast say to phages, which Ray seems to have endorsed. Yet phages are a relatively new thing, and I remember Ray saying it takes at least twenty years to fully know the effects of using new substances, and frequently it's the older generation of a class of pharma drugs that are better to use, because they are a better known quantity. It's better to deal with known knowns than known unknowns.

And lest I forget, correct me if I'm wrong, do pathogens develop resistance to colloidal silver and its ilk? I seem to have the impression they don't, but maybe it's just because they aren't as widely used.

HDD

Yet phages are a relatively new thing

Phages aren’t new, when I was looking into them, if I remember correctly, they were being used prior to antibiotics. They are relatively new as a recommendation from Ray Peat. I’m not sure how long they have been available to the general public.

HDD

From Wikipedia-
Phages were discovered to be antibacterial agents and were used in the former SovietRepublic of Georgia (pioneered there by Giorgi Eliava with help from the co-discoverer of bacteriophages, Felix d'Herelle) and the United States during the 1920s and 1930s for treating bacterial infections. They had widespread use, including treatment of soldiers in the Red Army. However, they were abandoned for general use in the West for several reasons:

• Medical trials were carried out, but a basic lack of understanding of phages made these invalid.[14]
  • Antibiotics were discovered and marketed widely. They were easier to make, store and to prescribe.
  • Former Soviet research continued, but publications were mainly in Russian or Georgian languages and were unavailable internationally for many years.

Travis

That's why I say it is pro-colloidal silver, and so it is implied that you need to take what it says with a grain of salt. But hey, you hear about blue man and you want to get all sides there is to the story. Do you have to find all answers backed up by well-referenced studies? What if you don't find them? Does that mean they're not worthy of consideration? What is this ***t you have on turpentine? So because you are eeked by the fact that it's an ingredient in paint, doesn't mean it has no other uses that is beneficial to our health. Well, if you start from reading about terpenes, and that it is in Ling Zhi mushrooms, and also in cannabinoids, and realize that turpentine also contains terpenes, would you be so against it? The ex-medical doctor is Jennifer Daniels. Come on, give her a name. And because she lost her license she is ex-communicated by you? Don't you want to hear her side of the story? If you're going to base your choices on what the AMA and the medical licensing board dictates, you're free to do so.

And while you're at it, you can follow the "heart-healthy" diet that the American Heart Association so lovingly recommends.
A person could use juniper berries instead, which also have α- and β-pinene and are sold in the spice aisle. Apparently some people cannot get over fact that turpentine is also used as a solvent, even though it could rightly be called 'essential oil of pine.' It is illogical to be be influenced by alternate uses, and there are even some brands not marketed for solvent uses. Orange oil is also commonly used industrially for its unique solvent effects, also stemming from a terpene, yet nobody seems to be particularly bothered by this (it's used in candy as well). This irrational avoidance of turpentine cannot stem simply from its use in oil painting because linseed oil is even more commonly used yet consumed even more (and so is egg-white, which had for centuries been used as a binder for pigments).

The 'blue' that people see is 27% selenium, and the most famous cases of argyria come from high-(inorganic)-selenium regions. Sliver (I) selenide is classified frankly as insoluble—not even 'sparingly' so. Perhaps argyria is impossible without concomitantly-high concentrations of inorganic selenium in the body? If I should read more case reports I'll certainly take note of geographic location. The 'Selenium Belt' is found out west, and most cases of selenium poisoning come from this location. The most famous cases reports of argyria—Stan Jones and Paul Karason—do come from this region (n=2).

Some strains of bacteria can become relatively silver resistant, but only a few very rare strains are as resistant as mammalian cells. There has been a strain isolated from a silver mine, but this had a long time to evolve resistance (I'd be interested to know its 5-methylcytosine concentration). One of the assays that I'd seen indicated that the IC₅₀ of silver ions against Candida albicans was approximately four times lower than that against the three strains of bacteria tested. So like will all antibiotics, antifungals, and even foods (though less potent), a shift of the microbial population can rightly be expected.

Is argyria simply a process of the otherwise safe silver ion making visible a relatively high inorganic selenium concentration?

Last edited:
OP
E

EIRE24

A person could use juniper berries instead, which also have α- and β-pinene and are sold in the spice aisle. Apparently some people cannot get over fact that turpentine is also used as a solvent, even though it could rightly be called 'essential oil of pine.' It is illogical to be be influenced by alternate uses, and there are even some brands not marketed for solvent uses. Orange oil is also commonly used industrially for its unique solvent effects, also stemming from a terpene, yet nobody seems to be particularly bothered by this (it's used in candy as well). This irrational avoidance of turpentine cannot stem simply from its use in oil painting because linseed oil is even more commonly used yet consumed even more (and so is egg-white, which had for centuries been used as a binder for pigments).

The 'blue' that people see is 27% selenium, and the most famous cases of argyria come from high-(inorganic)-selenium regions. Sliver (I) selenide is classified frankly as insoluble—not even 'sparingly' so. Perhaps argyria is impossible without concomitantly-high concentrations of inorganic selenium in the body? If I should read more case reports I'll certainly take note of geographic location. The 'Selenium Belt' is found out west, and most cases of selenium poisoning come from this location. The most famous cases reports of argyria—Stan Jones and Paul Karason—do come from this region (n=2).

Some strains of bacteria can become relatively silver resistant, but only a few very rare strains are as resistant as mammalian cells. There has been a strain isolated from a silver mine, but this had a long time to evolve resistance (I'd be interested to know its 5-methylcytosine concentration). One of the assays that I'd seen indicated that the IC₅₀ of silver ions against Candida albicans was approximately four times lower than that against the three strains of bacteria tested. So like will all antibiotics, antifungals, and even foods (though less potent), a shift of the microbial population can rightly be expected.

Is argyria simply a process of the otherwise safe silver ion making visible a relatively high inorganic selenium concentration?
What about things like cranberry juice or beet juice for bad bacteria Travis?

Travis

What about things like cranberry juice or beet juice for bad bacteria Travis?

The cranberry has a high concentration of myricetin, which localizes to the urine after ingestion. There's been surprisingly strong epidemiological correlations between kidney cancer prevalence vs distance from a cranberry bog in New England. The drinking of cranberry juice is associated with ¹⁄₂ the prevalence of kidney cancer while giving risk ratios around one for everything else across the board. I feel that the sum evidence is convincing enough to assume that myricetin in the kidneys is responsible.

The polyphenol myricetin does not bind to the estrogen receptor (why do I have to make that disclaimer on this forum?) and binds most powerfully to glyoxylse I, an enzyme when disabled powerfully raises intracellular methylgloxal concentrations—a confirmed cancerostatic metabolite. Among the polyphenol class, and only baicalein has a similar binding affinity (but this polyphenol also reduces leukotriene B₄ synthesis by inhibiting lipoxygenase and is selective enough to be used for this explicitly, so all baicalein anti-cancer effects can logically be explained through two mechanisms).

Since cranberry juice is intolerable without sugar, it might not be the best thing to use. I think it could be just as good to simply start incorporating spices like garlic and juniper berries into the diet. I think everyone's microbiome is going to shift in response to what they eat and nothing can change that, so eating foods that don't particularly made for good C. albicans or S. aureus food—i.e. pineapple, coconut, yogurt—would be expected to work.

I think a person could do some more serious damage with something like juniper berries blended in a pineapple smoothie or a high-garlic guacamole and salsa on a finely-chopped salad. (Disclaimer: the avocado is mostly oleic acid, but does have about 10% linoleic.) I don't think silver is the best thing to use for this due to its quick absorption, but it is certainly one of the most safe and effective antimicrobials. I think silver ions would be perfect for things like nasal irrigation and H. pylori in the stomach, but not necessarily effective anything more downstream. I knew one person who consumed high amounts and he didn't turn blue–grey, he had reversed cancer. But since he also went Gerson-style, I don't think the silver had too much to do with it (although it could have contributed some). On account of the years-long progression of argyria, a person really needs to consume an insane amount of silver ions to become blue–grey; I also think perhaps they must also need a high cellular selenate∶sulfate ratio for this to occur.

Last edited:
OP
E

EIRE24

The cranberry has a high concentration of myricetin, which localizes to the urine after ingestion. There's been surprisingly strong epidemiological correlations between kidney cancer prevalence vs distance from a cranberry bog in New England. The drinking of cranberry juice is associated with ¹⁄₂ the prevalence of kidney cancer while giving risk ratios around one for everything else across the board. I feel that the sum evidence is convincing enough to assume that myricetin in the kidneys is responsible.

The polyphenol myricetin does not bind to the estrogen receptor (why do I have to make that disclaimer on this forum?) and binds most powerfully to glyoxylse I, an enzyme when disabled powerfully raises intracellular methylgloxal concentrations—a confirmed cancerostatic metabolite. Among the polyphenol class, and only baicalein has a similar binding affinity (but this polyphenol also reduces leukotriene B₄ synthesis by inhibiting lipoxygenase and is selective enough to be used for this explicitly, so all baicalein anti-cancer effects can logically be explained through two mechanisms).

Since cranberry juice is intolerable without sugar, it might not be the best thing to use. I think it could be just as good to simply start incorporating spices like garlic and juniper berries into the diet. I think everyone's microbiome is going to shift in response to what they eat and nothing can change that, so eating foods that don't particularly made for good C. albicans or S. aureus food—i.e. pineapple, coconut, yogurt—would be expected to work.

I think a person could do some more serious damage with something like juniper berries blended in a pineapple smoothie or a high-garlic guacamole and salsa on a finely-chopped salad. (Disclaimer: the avocado is mostly oleic acid, but does have about 10% linoleic.) I don't think silver is the best thing to use for this due to its quick absorption, but it is certainly one of the most safe and effective antimicrobials. I think silver ions would be perfect for things like nasal irrigation and H. pylori in the stomach, but not necessarily effective anything more downstream. I knew one person who consumed high amounts and he didn't turn blue–grey, he had reversed cancer. But since he also went Gerson-style, I don't think the silver had too much to do with it (although it could have contributed some). On account of the years-long progression of argyria, a person really needs to consume an insane amount of silver ions to become blue–grey; I also think perhaps they must also need a high cellular selenate∶sulfate ratio for this to occur.
I think high garlic is a good idea, I think it definitely would help with killing some bacteria. Yogurt, like greek yogurt always gave me a feeling of bacteria multiplying and a clogged sort of feeling in my gut followed by acne.

Travis

I think high garlic is a good idea, I think it definitely would help with killing some bacteria. Yogurt, like greek yogurt always gave me a feeling of bacteria multiplying and a clogged sort of feeling in my gut followed by acne.
The juniper berries are quite strong. Eating just one is more piney than any shot of London Dry Gin. These were purportedly consumed by native Americans for their vitamin C content (and for IBS?) and sold in the spice aisle, so I think they're probably safe.

OP
E

EIRE24

The juniper berries are quite strong. Eating just one is more piney than any shot of London Dry Gin. These were purportedly consumed by native Americans for their vitamin C content (and for IBS?) and sold in the spice aisle, so I think they're probably safe.
Must have a look out to see if I can get this.

if they are not backed by well referenced studies, then no, i dont trust it, unless it's someone i trust, like ray peat. yes, it means they are not worthy of consideration. especially something that turned someone blue in the past. i dont care that jennifer lost her license, i care that nothing is what she is saying is backed by anything.

yerrag

if they are not backed by well referenced studies, then no, i dont trust it, unless it's someone i trust, like ray peat. yes, it means they are not worthy of consideration. especially something that turned someone blue in the past. i dont care that jennifer lost her license, i care that nothing is what she is saying is backed by anything.
Fair enough. All I'm saying is that if the juju man is using a substance that benefits the tribe with good results, I'm not waiting for some researcher from a well respected institute to give his scientific blessing on it. Many things we do, like crossing the street carefully, don't require scientific studies.

Fair enough. All I'm saying is that if the juju man is using a substance that benefits the tribe with good results, I'm not waiting for some researcher from a well respected institute to give his scientific blessing on it. Many things we do, like crossing the street carefully, don't require scientific studies.

Distraction and pedestrian safety: How talking on the phone, texting, and listening to music impact crossing the street - ScienceDirect

just kidding. but yeah i get your point.

Mossy

That is a long read and I got so far half-way through it. But it's interesting reading and if there's a way to make real colloidal silver (high percentage of colloids over ions that is), that would be great. Having to use a real silver bullionette (forgot what to call it) certainly adds panache to it. It's been so long since I've touched a 9V battery that even seeing them used has the feel of a high school science project. When will you make your first batch of it? Would be interesting to see how yours turn out. If I were using colloidal silver regularly, as in the case of someone who uses it to better control UTI from occurring, it sure would turn up big savings over having to shell out $30 monthly for MesoSilver.
Haha, I thought the same thing--9 volts are old school.

It is a long read, which I've read through about 5 times. I wanted to have a real good grasp of the process and the safety of silver. I also did a lot of searching elsewhere, and there are a lot of variations to the process, including additional ingredients, which that site noted as being dangerous and/or questionable. Well, for better or worse, I was sold on that site's explanation and process, and have made many batches since. It is a huge savings, but I can't confirm any miraculous healing from it. I took it long-term, once, in an effort to combat EBV, which a blood test showed I had; but my conventional doctor said not to worry about it, that 90% of population has EBV. I am interested in taking a maintenance dose, I just want to have a better understanding of why I'm taking it--fungal and bacterial combatant?

P.S. I'm going to read back through Travis' notes, to get a better understanding of it.

Last edited:

Nikki

You're welcome. I don't think I can even call myself knowledgeable on it. I only got to have an appreciation for it indirectly, as haidut has told me in a thread on "copper complexes (do a title search on it)" that copper, silver, and gold all have similar antibacterial properties....

It makes me wish that I had jumped aboard the silver colloidal train with Nikki the moment she mentioned it, as I think it would have helped my mom deal with her recurring UTI. When I finally decided to order Mesosilver colloidal silver, it was too late as my mom had died before I received the colloidal silver. Certainly it was my reticence that caused the delay.

Yerrag, I am so sorry about your mom. Uti's are indeed deadly in the elderly. It seems like it would be easy to treat, but it isn't. Even if you had the silver sooner, it may not have worked quickly enougg, or you may not have given enough to make a difference if the infetion was severe. MesoSilver worked beautifully for 2 years, but my dad's caregiver started stealing my dad's silver (or so it seems based on it's disappearance and video footage showed her not giving it to him). Dad wound up in the hospital with a severe kidney infection after a couple weeks of not getting the Meso Silver consistently. He was in the hospital about 5 days. After the first day, I had reveiwed the camera footage and figured out his caregiver was not giving him the silver except about once every other day. I bring this up becuase it is important to know that his infection had time to set in and become severe over a course of at least 2-3 weeks. I had a feeling he needed more than 2 tbsp twice a day to get over the set-in infection. I stayed with him in the hospital and had his new caregiver stay with him when I couldn't. We gave him as much mesosilver as we could because dad responds badly to most pharma antibiotics and I knew if they put him on somehting that didn't agree with him, he would really be sick. He was having so much confusion, it wasn't easy to get him to drink the silver solution, but we were able to get about 9-12tbsp into him each day. He improved quickly and came home. After being home for a day, I had to put him on an Rx antibiotic that they said he needed based on the culture and sensitivity from urine sample they took on his first day in the hospital. They would not run a new test to see if his infection had cleared. Sadly, after just two doses of this antibiotic, he couldn't speak or respond to us. He was just gently "flailing" (he isn't very flexible or strong) and moaning/mumbling incessantly. I feel like the drug put him into no-convulsive status epilepticus. He went to the hospital again, and thankfully they didn't insist on continuing that antiobiotic. They said his urine looked good (proving the silver worked, IMO) and that he hadn't had a stroke. But, they wanted to make more money, apparently. They started to come up with other reasons to keep him in the hospital they even said later that it was a stroke, which seems ridiculous. He went from being unable to respond or speak to being able to speak just fine 8 hours later. Again, we gave him 3tbsp of mesosilver 3-4 times per day. He never caught the deadly flu which was going around in an unheard of way, nor did I or his caregiver because we too were taking large doses of the silver to be on the safe side. When dad came home, we tried to reduce his silver but could not do so without him relapsing. He is now getting 4tbsp 4 times a day because whenever we lower the dose (mind you, I can't be srue his caregivers are giving it as directed), he gets cloudy urine. My feeling is there is still some pus, maybe even abscesses-like areas in his kidneys and these will take months of high dose antibiotic (silver being my preferred option) to resolve.

I wanted to include this here so that people don't assume 2tbsp is enough for an active infection. It may be, but if an infection is bad (sepsis, fever, pain, lots of pus), I would not be stingy with the silver (if it is truly safe, which I believe MesoSilver to be). If bacteria get a chance to build up and pool in any area, silver ions may not escape the blood vessels in enough quantity to "cleanse" these areas. Think of silver as doing most of it's work in the blood vessels, preventing sepsis, and when it gets to the kidney/bladder most of the ions have been "used up" and the few that remain can only do so much. Once pus/mucous buiild up, it is difficult for any antibiotic to penetrate that and increasing dose/frequency and extending treatment time to months seems like the only logical solution.

I also wanted to say that I am taking 1 tablespoon twice a day. I used to take less, but realized 1tbsp is my sweet spot, not 1 tsp ( I am not sure if that was a typo or if I wrote that post long ago when I did take less). I get no sore throats or colds at this dose, but it can't stop a sinus infection (unless I take it up the nose, which is really painful!).

MesoSilver is unfortunately expensive and may not be an option for most people. I plan to look for a more affordable option since my dad requires so much of it right now. I am a good guinnea pig for determining silver's effectiveness. I will get a sore throat if I stop taking it for 2 days. I am going to try the silver produced by "colloidal silver guy" (eventually) and see how that works for me, then, I may get brave enough to switch dad to taht. But, I would hesitate to tell anyone that any brand is more reliable that the Meso brand of colloids. They really know their stuff and I trust them. That said, I feel pretty confident that home-made ionic silver is safe if made with nearly pure silver and distilled water. That was something I had used in a dog with a severe, bloody UTI. She cleared up very quickly. At 60-70lbs, I felt she needed about 4oz twice a day. Within a day, the urine wasn't bloody and she wasn't peeing every few minutes as she had been the day before. I was impressed with how well the reportedly unstable and innefective homemade silver seemed to help her. I still have all the supplies for making it, but not the time so I foot the bill for the mesosilver. I would encourage anyone with non-life-threatening issues to sample different options including home-made (but made properly!). Of course colloidal gold is an option as well, bu it's more expensive. I am not comfortable with supplementing copper, but it could work for those who don't have a reason to avoid it.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss. Please share this info with anyone who will listen. I hope that it can help someone.

Best
Nikki

yerrag

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for your nice thoughts and very thoughtful reply. From what you have recounted, it sure seems that colloidal silver has been a big help to your dad, as well as yourself. I have no idea that you were using large amounts of Mesosilver. At that rate, I can't imagine how many bottles of it you're saying per month. I have been too conservative in using it myself, not that I have felt a strong need for it at the moment. But your telling us that dosage quantity is very important, and not knowing how much to use, I always would tend to err on the side of caution, and end up using too little. This reminds me also of how most people approach vitamin C, and the low dosage levels that are used make vitamin C seem ineffective. With the right nderstanding of it, and with appropriate dosage, many have experienced its many benefits as well. Speaking of vitamin C, have you considered using vitmain C for your dad? I think it is worth to try it. With my recent experience on using ascorbic acid, I would suggest either using sodium ascorbate or mixing ascorbic acid with baking soda on a 2:1 volume ratio. It was only after my mom died that I got to read up on vitamin C, and I regret also not having found the time to read up on it earlier, as I think it would have helped greatly as well. I just think that a combination protocol of colloidal silver and vitamin C would be a good way to keep those bugs in check where the urinary tract is concerned. There are many videos on Youtube by Thomas Levy, and by Suxanne Humphries. And there is a book by Irwin Stone and an article by Dr. Cathcart on determining how much vitamin C is needed by a person. They're just a download away at www.boweltolerance.org

I was glad that your dad was able to recover from the antibiotics given him. I hope they're not fluoroquinolones such as Ciprofoxacian and Levoquin or Levofloxacin. They're very toxic to the nerves, especially when the patient is having hypoglycemic episodes arising from their treatments, which in my mom's cases was when they gave her parenteral food loaded with soya oil. Those antibiotics have a very excitotoxic effect and they could really excite brain cells and drain them of energy till exhaustion and death, especially when they ran out of sugar.

Thanks again for sharing on your use of colloidal silver in helping deal with your dad's UTI condition. I really think you are doing the right thing for your dad. I know it is a lot of time spent thinking of ways to deal with it. I just think of UTI as the Achilles heel of healthy people when they age. The loss of bladder control seems to many to be an unavoidable consequence of aging, and once there, it seems to be a foregone conclusion that they get chronic UTI. First, I wish they'd know of a way to balance their parasympathetic and cholinergic nervous systems such that they can still control their bladder, and secondly, when they lose bladder control, they would know to use the right substances to effectively prevent inflection of their urinary tract. You have found a way of doing it without the use of harmful antibiotics, but have another antibiotic in use that has none of the side effects.

All the best,

Mike

Nikki

Hi Nikki,

vitamin C would be a good way to keep those bugs in check where the urinary tract is concerned. There are many videos on Youtube by Thomas Levy, and by Suxanne Humphries. And there is a book by Irwin Stone and an article by Dr. Cathcart on determining how much vitamin C is needed by a person. They're just a download away at www.boweltolerance.org

I was glad that your dad was able to recover from the antibiotics given him. I hope they're not fluoroquinolones such as Ciprofoxacian and Levoquin or Levofloxacin. They're very toxic to the nerves, especially when the patient is having hypoglycemic episodes arising from their treatments, which in my mom's cases was when they gave her parenteral food loaded with soya oil. Those antibiotics have a very excitotoxic effect and they could really excite brain cells and drain them of energy till exhaustion and death, especially when they ran out of sugar.

Thanks again for sharing on your use of colloidal silver in helping deal with your dad's UTI condition. I really think you are doing the right thing for your dad. I know it is a lot of time spent thinking of ways to deal with it. I just think of UTI as the Achilles heel of healthy people when they age. The loss of bladder control seems to many to be an unavoidable consequence of aging, and once there, it seems to be a foregone conclusion that they get chronic UTI.
All the best,

Mike

Hi Mike. You are so wise. I appreciate the tips on ascorbic acid use. I tend to learn then unlearn these sorts of health matters. I take som many supplements, yet can't remember why I take half of them =)

My dad gets 3g ascorbic acid daily. Any more than that is beyond bowel tolerance for him. He had chronic constipation so I use Vit C and magnesium (to help his brain/vessels) to keep him regular, but it's a fine line between being regular and messy messes. His doctor wants him on an intestinal +stimulant, Senna, but I wonder if I should forego that once-daily boost and put in another gram of C instead. I did get a kidney stone while on high-dose C for about a week or two. I don't want to risk that with him and am not sure if one more gram is risky or not. We use https://www.amazon.com/Viva-Naturals-Bioflavonoids-Quali®-C-Scotland/dp/B00C6C3GCY.

BTW, incontinence is not the main culprit in male UTI. My understanding is that it's usually paralysis or prostate enlargement preventing emptying of the bladder that makes it a breeding ground for bacteria. I think all men reading this should remember and tell their friends that when their doctors tell them an enlarged prostate isn't a health hazard, they should remember the potential for UTI. The problem is as most people age, the UTIs cause mental frailty and who is going to remember this info when they need to remember it? In my early forties I've already experience what I could only call "dementia" from what I think was a mild UTI. If I hadn't had this "sudden dementia" experience with my dad, I'd never have figured my memory problems were related to my bladder health. I believe the infection only set in because I was lax in taking the silver. I deliberatly skip a dose or a few doses now and then just to see what happens and to give my immune system a chance to work. Other times, I just forget and don't realize until a day or so has passed. I think even at my age my immune system is challenged and I could be prone to UTI and it's related delerium. I really want to take the probiotics which I hear are good for our immunity and bladder health, but RP has me scared out of doing so. What's your thought on this topic?

I know about the evil fluroquinolones, but I didn't know low sugar could contribute to ill-effects. My dad, who used to walk 2 miles a day (albeit slowly), couldn't walk at all after being on cipro for a few days. That was about 4-5 years ago. It was clearly a neurologic issue because he could walk one day but not even stand the next (his nurses in the hospital each had a different story "He had no problem walking to the bathroom" and "He couldn't walk at all" or "he needed help but made it to the bathroom". Initially I thought they were lying and trying to cover up that he had become paralyzed or something, but then I witnessed it. Sometimes, without any help, he would just pop up from a chair and walk to the bathrooom leaving his walker by the chair. Later that same day, he wouldn't be able to get up without a struggle and needed the walker to slowly scoot to where he was headed. It was so strange. I figured out cipro could be the cause after doing some research. The doctors blamed the infection, of course. Each time cipro tried to kill him, I was able to rehab him. Yet, each time there seemed some degree of permanent damage (slower walking, hard to reach his feet to put on shoes, etc.). For his next UTI, the Dr prescribed him a different fluroquinolone than cipro. They believed me enough to lst on his chart that he was alergic to cipro but didn't think all fluroquinolones would be problematic (This is just stupid, right?). Just one day on the new "medicine" caused him to hurt all over. If we moved any limb to tend to him in his bed, he yelled with pain. He couldn't get out of bed. Thankfully, he recovered quickly from that last treatment since it was only 2 doses but a subsequent infection of his testicle put him back in the hospital (not necessary but we had no choice at the time). He has not walked since that stint at the hospital. They gave my father haldol to sedate him. Apparently there is a medical term that isn't discussed called "terminal sedation". They sedated my dad so heavily and for so long that it was clear their intention was to kill him. They didn't feed him or give him fluids for at least 5 days. Mind you, he was walking a mile a day when he went in to the hospital with the testicular infection. He was living with a "caregiver", but that was primarily in case he fell. He was able to dress himself, bathe himself, feed himself, etc. After several days in the hospital, he couldn't talk, lift his harms, hold his eyes open, lift his head, etc. It was insane what they did to him. When we got him home after that weeks-long hospitalizatrion, we knew he had to stay on colloidal silver daily. A few of his caregivers failed to give it routinely and each time they were stingy with it, he got delerium and cloudy urine.

BTW, I tried many brands before MesoSilver. I tried Medisilver (absolute crap that fell out of suspension), Silver Biotic (not bad but it takes more for the same effect, or so it seemed, I still like that company/product), home-made, and therasilver (worked finde for a while then the quality plumeted, the bottles/manufacturing process changed and it didn't help dad or I). For now we choose MesoSilver but would gladly switch to something more affordable if we find an effective one. I will have to be the guinnea pig because we can't afford to take chances with my old man.

Side note: When Dad got the kidney infection, we found out he was also "allergic" to cefpodoxime. Two doses of this caused "non-convulsive status epilepticus", or something like this. Again the doctors tried to blame his severe reaction on the infection which was not logical since he'd gotten the infection weeks before. Plus, he'd been on the higher dose of silver while in the hospital previously (released the day before he started the new antibiotic) and his urine was "OK" at the time. They wouldn't even entertain that it was the drug causing the issue, but they did list cefpodoxime on his allergy list without my pushing the matter. I wonder if doctors deny drug side-effecst to avoid lawsuits (I didn't think a side effect was a basis for malpractice. Is it?) or to avoid us making adverse event reports (are they just looking out for big pharma?).

This topic is so important. We all need to report adverse events, it's crucial to the survival of humans. When I looked up possible adverse effects of cephpodoxime, I came accross the condition calle "non-convulsive status epilepticus" for the first time. I believe that is what dad had, but no doctor will even google what it is (most have never heard of it). I am primarily posting this bit of the story here in case anyone searches for side effects of cefpodoxime. The public needs to keep track of these events.

Long live the thinkers... albeit a bit more misearbly ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals