Which Other Alternative Therapies Have You Investigated ?

J

j.

Re: Which other alternative therapies have you investigated

burt, what do you typically eat? Is it a Peat diet or a fusion of Peat and other people?

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

I don't have serious health problems, like other members here.

The influence of Peat up to now has been to reintroduce coffee in the morning ( i used to avoid it because it seriously upset my digestive system; so i add a lot of cream now and it's all good) and to stop eating the budwig mix ( which i kind of liked ) or cod liver oil ( which i ordered but never could force myself to take regularly anyway :lol: ).

I'm taking even more coconut oil than before, and a few more squeezed oranges.

I would love to drink milk once more, but it seems i've become intolerant to it since 2010; it causes me horrible migraines. Idem for the greek youghourt which i used to feast on. But cheese is OK.
I've of course tried raw bio; but i don't like the taste ( i prefer boiled).

I can't say i follow a precise diet anyway; the main point for me is to avoid any monosodium glutamate that hides under 40 different names. Which means no conserves, frozen surgelates, processed foods.
Everything that i cook myself is fair game. :lol:

I'm waiting to introduce red lights, CO2, pregnenolone, and maybe thyroid. But i need to do some serious studying of Ray's material before i do that.

gretchen

I forgot to mention I spent about a decade exploring blood type theory.

montmorency

I did low-carb for quite a while.

That may be controversial here (especially as I am a new member), but I don't want to cause problems. I'm just telling my story.

I know that some supporters of Ray Peat's ideas are very anti-low-carb, but I've listened carefully to a lot of Ray's interviews, read the articles online, and read quite a few newsletters, and I haven't found where he absoiutely comes out against it as such, although I see of course that a lot of his own ideas differ from it (though not totally, e.g. a low of low-carbers were very pro coconut oil as was and am I).

I know his views on muscle meat (which a lot of low-carbers mainline on ... including me at one time), but again, that can be balanced, without necessarily going back to (very) high carbs, although I know he would advocating eating fruit alongside meat.

To be honest, I did very well on low-carb: I lost weight, and my health was good.

(I was influenced, by the way, by Gary Taubes "Good Calories, Bad Calories" (aka "The Diet Delusion"). A very interesting book, which contains a lot of dietary science. ).

I got to thinking that it perhaps wasn't the whole story, and eventually discovered Ray.
I'm a great admirer of Ray, and respect him greatly.

I have to admit that I've put on weight since I started following what I thought wer e Ray's principles.

I'm humble enough to think it's because I'm not doing it right, and I continue to seek after wisdom.

One thing I have wondered is whether Ray's way of eating only works for some types of bodies.

I say this partly because Dr Mercola is very big on "eat right for your type".

I used to pooh-pooh ""eat right for your type", thinking that fundamentally we are much the same, but maybe there is something in it.

BTW, I should add that although I have reintroduced at least some carbs to my diet, I still try to avoid starch wherever possible. That is something that a lot of low-carbers seem to have in common with Ray Peat. Some Paleo types seem ok with potatoes, sweet potatoes, and similar. I never called myself "Paleo". I thought it was rather a ridiculous designation, to be honest. How do we really know what "Paleo" people ate?

I try to avoid (medical) doctors in general, and the only "medication" I take is aspirin, due to RP's influence. I worry about taking too much, as I have tinnitus (had it a long time) and there was some suggestion that it could make it worse.

I do take vitamin D in the winter, and powdered eggshell from time to time (I usually swill it down with cool-ish milky tea).

honeybee

High dosage iodine. don't. do. It.

chris

honeybee said:

I went very high iodine for a while. Did not notice a single difference other than sore throats when I did not supplement enough selenium.

montmorency

1. "Oil swilling" - usually with coconut oil. Some people recommend other oils including olive.
For oral health, but some people seem to think it can do much more than that.

Never really done it consistently enough to judge its efficacy.

2. "Food combining". This may have other names, and there are probably several versions, but I think the thing I was trying essentially made you stop eating carbs and proteins at the same time.

My wife and I both tried it. It didn't seem to help (made my wife worse), and was too complicated and fiddly.

However, some people swear by it, including the late British actor, John Mills (father of Hayley), who lived to a great age, with sound mind, and fairly fit, except that he went blind.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

[BBvideo 560,340:1umljgqn]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrwZN1cPfX8[/BBvideo]

Just when one thought they couldn't sink any lower, here's mainstream medecine at it again !

The Red Cross sponsored in late 2012 an MMS trial in Uganda to verify if it could cure malaria in a few days, as advertised.

The trial took place: 154 person were ALL cured of their malaria. After the results came in, the top bosses of the red cross DENIED any trial ever took place, to the consternation of their own workers in place who administered the cure.

It has to be seen to be believed.

honeybee said:

I'm doing it, and while it's not helping a whole lot, it hasn't hurt me either.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

[BBvideo 560,340:3p9z4h6q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quuvi6Gvvmc[/BBvideo]

Here's a 3 hour conference by Charlotte Gerson in England, somewhere around 2000.
Some new bits here and there.

Says green tea is very valuable in cancer, but ESSIAC doesn't work, and the pure substance Laetrile should be preferred over apricot pits .

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

An excellent interview of Max Gerson's grand nephew, Howard Strauss.

[BBvideo 560,340:b246b935]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzMDU_YJeoA[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 560,340:b246b935]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoGFTRVJwO0[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 560,340:b246b935]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FKNpYZ7V3c[/BBvideo]

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom