Huge investment potential with silver

Inaut

most of his money is in mining stock, at least while he was running for president and had to make his financials public

he's been telling people buy gold and silver, i think gold and silver mining stock to him is the second best option and a way to hold more money without needing a vault. he's definitely not running a get quick rich scheme, but he's certainly profited off his pro-gold standard discourse
Buy miners for the volatility and huge upswing potential in the near term. Then sell your mining stocks and buy phyzzzzz silver when the bull market is full steam ahead. When the gold/silver ratio gets down closer to 1:20, sell your silver and buy gold. Then buy something with your gold. That's the game plan for anybody looking to play the odds. Or just buy phyzzz and hold it for your life---IDK

tankasnowgod

Buy miners for the volatility and huge upswing potential in the near term. Then sell your mining stocks and buy phyzzzzz silver when the bull market is full steam ahead. When the gold/silver ratio gets down closer to 1:20, sell your silver and buy gold. Then buy something with your gold. That's the game plan for anybody looking to play the odds. Or just buy phyzzz and hold it for your life---IDK

You know the available physical silver and gold is pretty close to 1:1, right?

Inaut

yea but not in terms of historical price ratios. The best silver was was 12:1 i believe. TBH i don't even know how anybody really knows how much physical gold and silver exists in the hands of man. It could be far more or far less. No matter what you read, we will never know the reality of it.

tankasnowgod

yea but not in terms of historical price ratios. The best silver was was 12:1 i believe. TBH i don't even know how anybody really knows how much physical gold and silver exists in the hands of man. It could be far more or far less. No matter what you read, we will never know the reality of it.

True. Silver stackers have pointed out that there is likely far more gold that's been mined than the official figure, and also some areas (like the Grand Canyon and Chocolate Mountain) that have huge stores of gold that haven't been mined. I have heard that the reason diamonds are priced so high is due to artificial scarcity, wouldn't doubt that gold (and/or silver) has the same issues.

Inaut

I would agree with artificial scarcity idea for sure. That's how they play us in almost every aspect of life....

YourUniverse

For about 2 months prior to this GME scenario, I was getting a LOT of youtube ads for retail investment apps, and a variety of them. I still get them now.

You dont beat the market long term. Picking stocks is a lot like gambling, the house basically always wins. In this widely publisized phenomenon, it appears it did not, but I wonder if this was a ploy to empower the sheep to hand over their money gambling in the market. The "enraged" billionaires on TV, telling people that this is just bored people with a stimulus cheque, is definitely something that may make the average Joe or Jane invest to "get back at" him, or the like.

I'm wary of this movement.

tankasnowgod

For about 2 months prior to this GME scenario, I was getting a LOT of youtube ads for retail investment apps, and a variety of them. I still get them now.

You dont beat the market long term. Picking stocks is a lot like gambling, the house basically always wins. In this widely publisized phenomenon, it appears it did not, but I wonder if this was a ploy to empower the sheep to hand over their money gambling in the market. The "enraged" billionaires on TV, telling people that this is just bored people with a stimulus cheque, is definitely something that may make the average Joe or Jane invest to "get back at" him, or the like.

I'm wary of this movement.

If you are investing in a stock or a market that you don't understand, it is gambling.

What the whole Gamestop thing is doing is exposing the fraud in the markets. The whole reason Gamestop popped was due to a short squeeze, that certain hedge funds had shorted more positions that there was stock available. Naked short selling is a market rigging tool, and it happens all the time. It's been used to drive countless businesses into bankruptcy, for one reason or another.

This is pretty much the same thing that happened when the Hunt Brothers started taking delivery of silver contracts in '79. Theoretically, anyone could have taken delivery of silver, but pretty much no one did. There are more "paper ounces" of silver than there are ounces of silver in the real world (and most certainly the Comex and CME warehouses). It exposed how disconnected some derivative markets are from reality. This Gamestop short squeeze did the same thing.

Although I would think anyone that paid any attention realized that the stock market wasn't really connected to reality this past year. The world is basically shut down economically cause of this "Novel Corona Virus," you had over 50 Million new Americans put on Employment in just a few months, and yet the stock market was hitting all time highs? Insanity. Totally disconnected from anything real.

gaze

If you are investing in a stock or a market that you don't understand, it is gambling.

What the whole Gamestop thing is doing is exposing the fraud in the markets. The whole reason Gamestop popped was due to a short squeeze, that certain hedge funds had shorted more positions that there was stock available. Naked short selling is a market rigging tool, and it happens all the time. It's been used to drive countless businesses into bankruptcy, for one reason or another.

This is pretty much the same thing that happened when the Hunt Brothers started taking delivery of silver contracts in '79. Theoretically, anyone could have taken delivery of silver, but pretty much no one did. There are more "paper ounces" of silver than there are ounces of silver in the real world (and most certainly the Comex and CME warehouses). It exposed how disconnected some derivative markets are from reality. This Gamestop short squeeze did the same thing.

Although I would think anyone that paid any attention realized that the stock market wasn't really connected to reality this past year. The world is basically shut down economically cause of this "Novel Corona Virus," you had over 50 Million new Americans put on Employment in just a few months, and yet the stock market was hitting all time highs? Insanity. Totally disconnected from anything real.
but the short squeeze only really screwed over a couple hedge funds. how many ppl out there got rich off shorting it in the past week? meanwhile a bunch of 20 year olds lost a couple thousand in a week after being influenced to buy it by guys like mark cuban cheering on the "little guy" and acting like they're taking down wall street. don't you think it's a possibility this entire thing was propped up by the media in order to inflate it so some other hedge funds can just short it again ? anytime everyone's buying something, it always ends bad. being the contrarian is how you make money

yerrag

the best investment is guns and ammo lol. only gonna go up in price.
When did we last hear of the peace dividend? War makes money, peace unemployment. Just as disease and good health does.

Let's cheer on as the world turns in a merry go round.

tankasnowgod

but the short squeeze only really screwed over a couple hedge funds. how many ppl out there got rich off shorting it in the past week?
Zero. Criminals don't commit crimes when there is active crime scene investigation. At least, the smart ones don't.

And where would these people borrow the stock from to sell it short in the first place? The whole idea was that some retail investors noticed a Hedgefund naked shorting more GME stock than was available.

meanwhile a bunch of 20 year olds lost a couple thousand in a week after being influenced to buy it by guys like mark cuban cheering on the "little guy" and acting like they're taking down wall street. don't you think it's a possibility this entire thing was propped up by the media in order to inflate it so some other hedge funds can just short it again ?
No, I don't think it was propped up by the media for that purpose. I think the media had to cover it, because a stock shot up from $10 to $500 in less than 2 weeks. Moves like that are very, very rare. You can't even find that many in crypto in the past few years, and if you do find a 50x in something, it won't be in less than 2 weeks, if it's a liquid asset.
anytime everyone's buying something, it always ends bad. being the contrarian is how you make money
People do love to buy overpriced assets. Look how many people wanted to buy Bitcoin at $18,000 back in 2017. Although if they Hodled that for 4 years, that still turned out okay.

gaze

Zero. Criminals don't commit crimes when there is active crime scene investigation. At least, the smart ones don't.

And where would these people borrow the stock from to sell it short in the first place? The whole idea was that some retail investors noticed a Hedgefund naked shorting more GME stock than was available.

No, I don't think it was propped up by the media for that purpose. I think the media had to cover it, because a stock shot up from $10 to $500 in less than 2 weeks. Moves like that are very, very rare. You can't even find that many in crypto in the past few years, and if you do find a 50x in something, it won't be in less than 2 weeks, if it's a liquid asset.

People do love to buy overpriced assets. Look how many people wanted to buy Bitcoin at $18,000 back in 2017. Although if they Hodled that for 4 years, that still turned out okay.
good points. so do you think the robinhood ceo was protecting the hedge funds in any way or do you buy his story about needing to make the trading more secure ? edit: nvm just saw there's another thread on the forum going over these things

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

good points. so do you think the robinhood ceo was protecting the hedge funds in any way or do you buy his story about needing to make the trading more secure ? edit: nvm just saw there's another thread on the forum going over these things

I do think Robinhood was trying to do some damage control, but "limiting trades" has cover from regulators (who are certainly part of "the club"), and at least some plausible deniability. That would be more akin to jaywalking in front of a cop when he's interviewing suspects.

Adding shorts to the most famous short squeeze of the 21st century..... that would just be beyond reckless.

Phosphor

Yes I missed the pump during the Obama.....stopped doing anything that I didn't know anything about, which includes all of the stock market. Told my 401k guy that I am the kind of person who would put gold coins under the mattress if I could, and to follow that as closely as possible. So far they have managed to bring the 401k back up to where it was the year before when I took my distribution. I'm not getting rich but I'm not losing any faster than inflation. If (when) we go hyperinflation I will probably wish I had the gold coins under the mattress.

D

Deleted member 5487

I can only encourage anyone who's remotely interested in investments, and only just into making money, to read in depth into what's at play with silver right now.

Read as many articles and watch as many videos as you can to understand the mechanisms at play, but eventually understand that markets are above all a herd movement.

No matter that silver is hugely undervalued or that anyone thinks a short squeeze will be physically unstoppable or that you can't even buy anymore physical silver as demand is so high.
What eventually matters is that everyone right now is talking about silver, and that it will create a huge herd movement of buying every single stock that is remotely linked to silver, hottest ones being SLV and AG.

The market is only about hearsay and about what people think could happen, not about the underlying reality.

The momentum that is given to silver by mainstream and alternative media is big, people will liste to them, buy silver stocks, and mechanically drive the prices up.
JPM and other big banks will dump paper silver and short the paper market. v

D

Deleted member 5487

That's cute.

That just doesn't take into consideration the short squeeze pressure that will be exerted by everyone having emptied the bullions supplies in the past few days.
If you want to play it, go for it. The Powers that Be Primarly the big banks hold such massive short positions. I would love to see a run up and but AGQ, but those banks sell fiat debt usury and silver/gold being suppressed is their main competitor.

Ed Steer and Mainly Ted Butler exposed the short positions

Regina

If you want to play it, go for it. The Powers that Be Primarly the big banks hold such massive short positions. I would love to see a run up and but AGQ, but those banks sell fiat debt usury and silver/gold being suppressed is their main competitor.

Great video!

yerrag

So buy and hold? But not leveraged?

Or bet not just the house, but the ranch?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals