Safe topical treatment to use on cuts to avoid infection

Josh

Donated blood a week ago and the needle spot hasn't healed properly and today I took the scab out and there was some pus underneath. Theres a full on hole where I was injected too. Just a little red surrounding the area, but it's not that bad, just wanting to avoid further infection.
I've put some manuka honey on it and put a plaster on now.

Any thing else I can use that will effectily kill any infection? Oil of oregano? Colloidal silver? Anything else?

I don't mind using something pharmaceutical/medical grade if there are safer options out there?

Thanks!

Donated blood a week ago and the needle spot hasn't healed properly and today I took the scab out and there was some pus underneath. Theres a full on hole where I was injected too. Just a little red surrounding the area, but it's not that bad, just wanting to avoid further infection.

Any thing else I can use that will effectily kill any infection? Oil of oregano? Colloidal silver? Anything else?

I don't mind using something pharmaceutical/medical grade if there are safer options out there?

Thanks!

That sounds awful Josh! Manuka honey is the best, coconut oil works good too!

OP
J

Josh

That sounds awful Josh! Manuka honey is the best, coconut oil works good too!

to be honest I'm probably overthinking nothing.. I have a 15+UMF and was thinking of buying a 20+umf for that extra strength, just pretty expensive!

to be honest I'm probably overthinking nothing.. I have a 15+UMF and was thinking of buying a 20+umf for that extra strength, just pretty expensive!
My friend got the Covid Moderna shot and she got this painful nasty cyst that showed up 3 days later on the opposite arm. She tried everything to get rid of it and the only thing that worked was the manuka honey, topically and ingesesting it. I would be a bit freaked out wondering why giving blood should have caused you this problem. That is strange!

Attachments

• image000000(6).jpg
    image000000(6).jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 11

yerrag

I use urea as Ray has talked about it. I use it on myself and my cats. It is antibacterial and works deep into the tissues and not just superficially, that's why it doesn't leave scars as much. It cleans up decay matter and leaves nothing for microbes to feed and grown on, and this is why it's considered anti-bacterial, in a better way than relying on pharma antibiotics.

That, in itself is already enough. But I also use a poultice made from honey and crushed garlic. Crushed garlic releases allicin, which is a natural antibiotic. Honey is gooey, and together the poultice adheres to the wound. Instead of using Solcoseryl ointment for healing chopped off digits, as in that of a cat's paws, which can happen with cats that wander off into the. neighborhood, I use this instead and it's just as effective.

Last edited:

S-VV

Mms, colloidal silver, iodine, honey, urea, clorhexidine, etc... Anything is safer than a potential soft tissue infection. You can increase penetration of antimicrobials with dmso

supercoolguy

I keep Orig Listerine on hand. If its just something topical. You dont have to get too esoteric, when a little Alcohol will do the trick. I just pad the area with a paper napkin until the area is excised and feels clean. Then sometimes I rinse the area w/purified water. Dry & Cover.

The Urea suggestion above sounds like a winner, I had no idea it had such effects. Ive used the Manuka Honey from a Clean Jar or individual packet, only after ive cleaned & dried up. It seemed to help, like an ointment.

JPF

Thanks!
Ozonated olive oil works well for many microbes, bacteria, fungus,etc

PxD

Thanks!
Водка!

Rick K

My friend got the Covid Moderna shot and she got this painful nasty cyst that showed up 3 days later on the opposite arm. She tried everything to get rid of it and the only thing that worked was the manuka honey, topically and ingesesting it. I would be a bit freaked out wondering why giving blood should have caused you this problem. That is strange!
? You know what to do Ms. Repeat.

OP
J

Josh

Thanks all for the recommendations! I have some 70% isopropyl wipes, they state not to use on broken skin, should I use them?

Rick K