Chronic health problem (Dehydration) - Faint hope somebody here might have some ideas

Vileplume

Jumping in to say that carnivore did not help my insulin resistance, but made it worse. My fasting blood sugar after reintroducing carbs after carnivore was high. Since then, using thyroid and magnesium and plenty of potassium and fruit sugar, my fasting blood sugar has gone down. I think carnivore damaged my insulin sensitivity.

P

Peatness

Jumping in to say that carnivore did not help my insulin resistance, but made it worse. My fasting blood sugar after reintroducing carbs after carnivore was high. Since then, using thyroid and magnesium and plenty of potassium and fruit sugar, my fasting blood sugar has gone down. I think carnivore damaged my insulin sensitivity.
This has been my experience too

OP
C

Callmestar

Have to say I don't seem to be getting anywhere on Keto either currently. As mentioned before, in general since being on Keto, I feel a little better, subtle lift in energy, more steady throughout the day. But at the same time I'm realizing I have no stamina, no power. If I even go for a walk or go up stairs my legs become very heavy and fatigued as if there's a very quick lactic acid build up. There's no energy in the muscles. I supposed this is understandable to a degree with no glucose or glycogen for the body to use and maybe I'm not using ketones optimally yet. It's not as though I had a lot of powerful energy before Keto either but muscles do seem to fatigue more quickly now, despite overall energy throughout the day being a bit better.

The dryness remains the same, I really am feeling hopeless about it and just want to numb myself to the pain of life currently.

Side note, I'm losing weight, feel light / thinner. Not that I need to lose a lot, I have a slight fat layer over my chest and abdomen but am of average weight really, despite my face looking gaunt and people assuming I'm thin by my facial appearance.

So that's where I'm at, no progress. I'll give keto at least a month and then reconsider if no improvement.

OP
C

Callmestar

As I lean back towards the idea many of you have expressed about my symptoms possibly being caused by a metabolism problem, I wonder how I'm ever going to fix it if it is the case. I am still currently Keto and will give it a month to give it a fair chance but in terms of the dehydration it's not made any difference. I do maintain though that overall I have felt slightly better on it and I was way too dependent on sugar so I think having a break from that might have been wise.

Afte the month of Keto is up and if no improvement I will go back on healing the metabolism but I really don't know how. When I think about it, my symptoms ar always worse when my metabolism would be lower. Metabolism is higher in the afternoon and evenings from what I've read. My symptoms are worse in the mornings. My symptoms are also much worse when it's cold and better when I'm warm. Symptoms are also slightly relieved temporarily after eating. My symptoms started shortly after a water fast which again I suppose may have damaged my metabolism.

So if it's metabolism, I need to plan and be strict about what I'm going to do. Thus far what I've tried on that front hasn't helped. I ate pretty much all of the recommended peat foods for around 4 months, ate regularly, plenty of Oj and Milk. I saw no improvement and started to get around the chest and midsection. I tried a few forms of thyroid, tyronene, thyroxine and thyroid glandular but felt no improvement from them. I now have some Cynoplus which I'm willing to try but unsure it's going to be any different.

As usual, any advice is appreciated. How can I get my metabolism back on track without eating masses of carbs and getting fat!?

Vileplume

As I lean back towards the idea many of you have expressed about my symptoms possibly being caused by a metabolism problem, I wonder how I'm ever going to fix it if it is the case. I am still currently Keto and will give it a month to give it a fair chance but in terms of the dehydration it's not made any difference. I do maintain though that overall I have felt slightly better on it and I was way too dependent on sugar so I think having a break from that might have been wise.

Afte the month of Keto is up and if no improvement I will go back on healing the metabolism but I really don't know how. When I think about it, my symptoms ar always worse when my metabolism would be lower. Metabolism is higher in the afternoon and evenings from what I've read. My symptoms are worse in the mornings. My symptoms are also much worse when it's cold and better when I'm warm. Symptoms are also slightly relieved temporarily after eating. My symptoms started shortly after a water fast which again I suppose may have damaged my metabolism.

So if it's metabolism, I need to plan and be strict about what I'm going to do. Thus far what I've tried on that front hasn't helped. I ate pretty much all of the recommended peat foods for around 4 months, ate regularly, plenty of Oj and Milk. I saw no improvement and started to get around the chest and midsection. I tried a few forms of thyroid, tyronene, thyroxine and thyroid glandular but felt no improvement from them. I now have some Cynoplus which I'm willing to try but unsure it's going to be any different.

As usual, any advice is appreciated. How can I get my metabolism back on track without eating masses of carbs and getting fat!?
I suggest the book How to Heal Your Metabolism by Kate Deering. It does a great job adhering to Ray’s ideas and covers the basics of his nutritional theory.

Edit: have you tried aspirin?

Last edited:
OP
C

Callmestar

I suggest the book How to Heal Your Metabolism by Kate Deering. It does a great job adhering to Ray’s ideas and covers the basics of his nutritional theory.

Edit: have you tried aspirin?

Thanks, yes I need to get the book. I've watched a few Podcasts with her on.

Yes I've been taking Aspirin, can't say I've noticed anything from it but it's hard to tell.

Ron J

I'm in a similar situation, and the answer to your problem(in my opinion) was given to you in the first page by member: Peatful.
I think my body is used to liquid as a calorie/carb source, so instead of getting hunger cravings, I get thirsty. Regular juice might be too diluted(it makes my symptoms worse), so try adding honey/maple syrup/juice concentrate to increase the sugar content. Or perhaps a dry carb(starch) source with juice. I noticed darker urine and no thirst the days that I upped calories(carbs) to train.
Supplements that help process carbs may help(niacinamide, aspirin, B1, etc.).

Peatful

I'm in a similar situation, and the answer to your problem(in my opinion) was given to you in the first page by member: Peatful.
I think my body is used to liquid as a calorie/carb source, so instead of getting hunger cravings, I get thirsty. Regular juice might be too diluted(it makes my symptoms worse), so try adding honey/maple syrup/juice concentrate to increase the sugar content. Or perhaps a dry carb(starch) source with juice. I noticed darker urine and no thirst the days that I upped calories(carbs) to train.
Thx @Ron J

OP
C

Callmestar

Thanks, the logic behind what you say in terms of the body maybe creating thirst rather than hunger cravings sounds plausible and I remember @Peatful 's posts which were very helpful and I gave it a good go implementing the advice.

I suppose this is where I get a bit stuck, and maybe again is evidence of a tanked metabolism. I increased carbs and calories, ate more regularly and most of the recommended foods, as usual, there is mild temporary relief right after eating but other than my symptoms didn't improve and I started getting fat rather quickly in the chest and midsection.

I suppose if the metabolism theory is correct, then I have a tanked metabolism and maybe some mild insulin resistance so eating more consistently may improve the metabolism but at the same time seems to be making me fat, dependent on sugar and if anything my bloods in terms of testosterone, TSH has gotten worse. It feels like a catch 22. I also seemed to be becoming more and more dependent on sugar for any mild from of hydration. At what point is drinking high sugar, juice, milk and eating tons of fruit too much!?

I need something to kickstart getting my metabolism back into gear. As I've mentioned I've tried various thyroid meds and haven't seen any improvement but maybe a low dose / 1 pill of something like Cynoplus each day on top of the consistent eating may help. Is there maybe a suitable fruit that isn't crazy high in sugar that I could possibly snack on throughout the day, even dried fruit maybe? To try and keep the first burning, what do you guys think?

I mentioned previously I had Covid about 2 months ago, out of desperation to try and keep myself balanced and somewhat hydrated while I recovered, I drank diluted/watered down orange juice pretty much all day. Obviously, I was non-stop urinating but it seemed to somehow make me feel a bit better and more balanced having the constant low level of constant sugar coming in. Is there something similar I could do to this long term to recover my metabolism? Again how much sugar is ok though if I'm already possible on the way to insulin resistance? It's tricky!

Peatful

Thanks, the logic behind what you say in terms of the body maybe creating thirst rather than hunger cravings sounds plausible and I remember @Peatful 's posts which were very helpful and I gave it a good go implementing the advice.

I suppose this is where I get a bit stuck, and maybe again is evidence of a tanked metabolism. I increased carbs and calories, ate more regularly and most of the recommended foods, as usual, there is mild temporary relief right after eating but other than my symptoms didn't improve and I started getting fat rather quickly in the chest and midsection.

I suppose if the metabolism theory is correct, then I have a tanked metabolism and maybe some mild insulin resistance so eating more consistently may improve the metabolism but at the same time seems to be making me fat, dependent on sugar and if anything my bloods in terms of testosterone, TSH has gotten worse. It feels like a catch 22. I also seemed to be becoming more and more dependent on sugar for any mild from of hydration. At what point is drinking high sugar, juice, milk and eating tons of fruit too much!?

I need something to kickstart getting my metabolism back into gear. As I've mentioned I've tried various thyroid meds and haven't seen any improvement but maybe a low dose / 1 pill of something like Cynoplus each day on top of the consistent eating may help. Is there maybe a suitable fruit that isn't crazy high in sugar that I could possibly snack on throughout the day, even dried fruit maybe? To try and keep the first burning, what do you guys think?

I mentioned previously I had Covid about 2 months ago, out of desperation to try and keep myself balanced and somewhat hydrated while I recovered, I drank diluted/watered down orange juice pretty much all day. Obviously, I was non-stop urinating but it seemed to somehow make me feel a bit better and more balanced having the constant low level of constant sugar coming in. Is there something similar I could do to this long term to recover my metabolism? Again how much sugar is ok though if I'm already possible on the way to insulin resistance? It's tricky!
Do you think you have a healthy relationship with your body?
How is your relationship to food?
Do you have a hx of an eating disorder or long hx of restrictive eating?

No need to publicly answer.

OP
C

Callmestar

Do you think you have a healthy relationship with your body?
How is your relationship to food?
Do you have a hx of an eating disorder or long hx of restrictive eating?

No need to publicly answer.

No problem with my relationship with food to be honest and no history of eating disorders or restrictive eating. I just realise my current situation is quite delicate. I've eaten well and pretty much what I've wanted to eat most of my life and been in good shape until this health problem. The only time I've been restrictive in terms of eating was the water fast I did before this issue started, and that was me in a "detox/purity" mindset trying to improve my health rather than anything to with bodyweight. Most of the time I eat whatever I crave with obviously being somewhat mindful of what are the most nutritious/natural foods.

Last edited:

Peatful

No problem with my relationship with food to honest and no history of eating disorders or restrictive eating. I've eaten well and pretty much what I've wanted to eat most of my life and been in good shape until this health problem. The only time I've been restrictive in terms of eating was the water fast I did before this issue started, and that was me in a "detox/purity" mindset trying to improve my health rather than anything to with bodyweight. Most of the time I eat whatever I crave with obviously being somewhat mindful of what are the most nutritious/natural foods.
Good.

Interesting that you have mentioned about your weight gain several times.
I thought that was a veiled stumbling block for you.

Gaining temporary fat may be needed to heal.
It certainly was necessary for me and many others.

OP
C

Callmestar

Good.

Interesting that you have mentioned about your weight gain several times.
I thought that was a veiled stumbling block for you.

Gaining temporary fat may be needed to heal.
It certainly was absolutely necessary for me and many others.

Maybe I gave the impression I'm reluctant to eat high calories. I can deal with getting a bit fat and I was genuinely going for it with the ideas you and others gave, but was seeing no improvement while also getting fat and my testosterone for some reason dropping through the floor, so after a few months I tailed off.

Trust me when I say I'm not scared of eating high calories or high sugar, if anything maybe my problem was probably going too far too soon. On the suggestion of someone here I started drinking chocolate milk. It gave me temporary relief. I was drinking about 2 litres of it a day plus all of the other carbs by the end. Plus a lot of fruit and OJ.

My overall symptoms didn't improve at all.

Peatful

Maybe I gave the impression I'm reluctant to eat high calories. I can deal with getting a bit fat and I was genuinely going for it with the ideas you and others gave, but was seeing no improvement while also getting fat and my testosterone for some reason dropping through the floor, so after a few months I tailed off.

Trust me when I say I'm not scared of eating high calories or high sugar, if anything maybe my problem was probably going too far too soon. On the suggestion of someone here I started drinking chocolate milk. It gave me temporary relief. I was drinking about 2 litres of it a day plus all of the other carbs by the end. Plus a lot of fruit and OJ.

My overall symptoms didn't improve at all.
As I said on the first page- a long time ago now: stay away from liquid as food.

Good luck.

OP
C

Callmestar

As I said on the first page- a long time ago now: stay away from liquid as food.

Good luck.

Gave that a shot before the Chocolate milk and felt like I was dying hence a post in desperation and someone suggested it. I'll try and stick with fruit over liquid as much as possible.

Peatful

Gave that a shot before the Chocolate milk and felt like I was dying hence a post in desperation and someone suggested it. I'll try and stick with fruit over liquid as much as possible.
I didn’t feel good on even fruit myself. My digestion was so incredibly weak. A lot of liquid is difficult on digestion I have found.
Perceive.
Think.
Act.

OP
C

Callmestar

I didn’t feel good on even fruit myself. My digestion was so incredibly weak. A lot of liquid is difficult on digestion I have found.
Perceive.
Think.
Act.

I get you but that's disregarding the whole problem here. I seem to be terribly dehydrated all the time. I can't not drink as well as not have fruit. If I perceive, think, act I'd be drinking everything in sight, every second of the day due to how thirsty and dry my mouth is.

Sorry, it sounds like I'm finding a problem for every idea offered and maybe I am but that seems to be the problem with this health problem.

OP
C

Callmestar

Definitely ending Keto now, it was worth a try but it's not benefiting me.

I'm going to go all-in on regular meals / peat style foods for a year and take cynoplus. Can't say I got very far with it last time but going to be more consistent even if it means getting fat for a couple of years to recover my metabolism. I have to assume it's the cause of my problem at this point, I don't have much else to go on. I have a blood test tomorrow to again see where thyroid and testosterone are at and I think I'm getting reverse T3 tested as well which I've not had before.

With me constantly feeling so depleted, would sipping milk or watered down orange juice all day, literally every 10 mins, or snacking on a fruit every half an hour be viable or asking for trouble?

Peatful

What do you think?
What does your instinct tell you?

If you’re asking the question- intuitively you already have some hesitation I presume.

My opinion only- is it’s asking for trouble. For several reasons. The biggest being blood sugar regulation. It also weakens your digestion. Plus, fruit wasn’t a home run for you before iirc.

Sample of a snack: p/c/f
Hard or soft boiled egg. Sour dough toast with some butter and orange marmalade. And a serving of Jello.
No drink needed.
Maybe a four ounce glass of OJ with a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of gelatin if you’re getting a stress response from the egg. Or add some coconut milk into the OJ and have an orange julius.

OP
C

Callmestar

What do you think?
What does your instinct tell you?

If you’re asking the question- intuitively you already have some hesitation I presume.

My opinion only- is it’s asking for trouble. For several reasons. The biggest being blood sugar regulation. It also weakens your digestion. Plus, fruit wasn’t a home run for you before iirc.

Sample of a snack: p/c/f
Hard or soft boiled egg. Sour dough toast with some butter and orange marmalade. And a serving of Jello.
No drink needed.
Maybe a four ounce glass of OJ with a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of gelatin if you’re getting a stress response from the egg. Or add some coconut milk into the OJ and have an orange julius.

My instincts telling me to do it. But I'm not sure about the blood sugar regulation. Seems a difficult balance, or maybe I'm overthinking it. If I'm not eating or drinking constantly the thirst is unbearable and I'm often feeling like I can barely get out of bed I'm that depleted.

Eating or drinking and then stopping for a few hours would be more ideal and more achievable if I wasn't pissing out everything I drink straight away. I mean growing up, I drank milk whenever I was thirsty, was that dysregulating my blood sugar? Could I not do that now?

I'm confused. I want to eat regularly and often right? Every few hours? But drinking juice or milk in between that is not a good idea?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals