Chronic health problem (Dehydration) - Faint hope somebody here might have some ideas

Peatful

Can anyone advise. My temperatures seem to be stagnating. 97 in the morning. Then about a max of 97.6 for the rest of the day. I had some slightly higher temps about a week ago when I was on a slightly higher dose of thyroid. I was on half a tab of cynoplus morning and evening then. I dropped down to quarter tab morning and evening based on some advice here and elsewhere. Wondering if I should increase the dose again?

In terms of symptoms and how I feel I can't notice much difference from a week ago but temp is defo lower.
You were artificially driving up your temp via cynoplus.

Drive it up naturally with food and sun and less stress long term; to not be dependent on the medicine. Then use it judiciously once healed.

Make sure you are keeping your BS stable. 40/30/30 as to not cause physiological and hormonal stress.

OP
C

Callmestar

You were artificially driving up your temp via cynoplus.

Drive it up naturally with food and sun and less stress long term; to not be dependent on the medicine. Then use it judiciously once healed.

Make sure you are keeping your BS stable. 40/30/30 as to not cause physiological and hormonal stress.

Temperature is one of the most critical measures of how much thyroid you need.

One for Thyroid, one against.

Is 'artificially driving up temperature with Cynoplus' not exactly what we are trying to achieve? Replicating what the thyroid gland would naturally do when healthy and giving us a helping hand?

I understand the concept of revving the engine with no gas. Yet I'm not sure me eating and eating is doing enough and feel a little thyroid may help start the engine, as long as I keep feeding regularly providing the gas.

Vileplume

One for Thyroid, one against.

Is 'artificially driving up temperature with Cynoplus' not exactly what we are trying to achieve? Replicating what the thyroid gland would naturally do when healthy and giving us a helping hand?

I understand the concept of revving the engine with no gas. Yet I'm not sure me eating and eating is doing enough and feel a little thyroid may help start the engine, as long as I keep feeding regularly providing the gas.
You can't just add a bunch of gas in the car without revving it :ss2

OP
C

Callmestar

So for the past few days my urine concentration has been slightly better and I've felt ever so slightly less dry. Which are great signs for me. Yet outside of this I feel worse, I feel sick, groggy, dizzy, tired, disorientated. I hope it's some sort of healing shift.

OP
C

Callmestar

I don't know what's going on at the moment. My hydration and urination is improved. Definitely a difference in being able to retain fluid better much of the day and better urine concentration.

Outside of that, I've been feeling awful. I feel dizzy, my neck and spine feel odd, and I feel like I have some mild vertigo. Last night my head felt so odd, I felt completely wired, felt like I was sea sick and head pressure in my head. I ended up giving in and taking a benzo because I just needed something to clam things down. It helped me relax a bit and get to sleep but I still felt crap when I woke up.

Tried to get on with my day and have felt the same dizzyness, groggy, sick and anxious. I have no idea what it is. I tried a day with no supplements just to see if anything was causing the symptoms but there's been no change.

I have this issue with my throat, in terms of cartilage doesn't seem to move properly when I swallow. Didn't seem related but it's the only other thing I can see that's obviously wrong with me and it causes pressure in the neck. No doc seems to know what's going on or how to fix it though.

God, please, I just want relief and to feel well.

OP
C

Callmestar

I am still dizzy, feel sick, this is every day now. It's like a similar feeling to motion sickness. I've been on the verge of going to the emergency room all week. I have done previously and know they will just do standard obs - blood pressure, pulse ox and maybe an ecg which are all normal and then send me home. This is making me very anxious now. Feels somewhat unrelated to the metabolism stuff which had been showing signs of improvement.

OP
C

Callmestar

Update:
Had a bloody awful couple of weeks with this dizziness and general feeling unwell, disorientated and therefore very anxious and low. It definitely feels as though something is going in in my neck causing some sort of vertigi/dizzy sensation. Maybe my spine is out of alignment or there's pressure in my neck. It seems to have settled a little now.

The dehydration stuff, there has definitely been an improvement. More concentrated urine, urinating less and feeling somewhat less thirsty/dry. And I can't put that down to anything other than the regular eating of Peat type foods and small dose of Cynoplus. There's a way to go yet and the main problem with it currently is, despite the symptoms being bit better in the day when i'm eating regularly, when it comes to going to sleep, it's a though everything I retained in terms of fluid during the day decides it needs come out during the night and early in the morning. So I'm actually probably urinating more in the night now, but less so throughout the day. Again then I wake up feeling as dry as ever which is frustrating.

Is this possibly because my metabolism tanks during the night? The symptoms are always worst early hours of the morning until I get the day going and start eating.

It feels as though I was getting somewhere with it but still things seem to completely revert back to super dry every night and morning and sometimes randomly during the day for no apparent reason.

Any ideas?

Vileplume

Update:
Had a bloody awful couple of weeks with this dizziness and general feeling unwell, disorientated and therefore very anxious and low. It definitely feels as though something is going in in my neck causing some sort of vertigi/dizzy sensation. Maybe my spine is out of alignment or there's pressure in my neck. It seems to have settled a little now.

The dehydration stuff, there has definitely been an improvement. More concentrated urine, urinating less and feeling somewhat less thirsty/dry. And I can't put that down to anything other than the regular eating of Peat type foods and small dose of Cynoplus. There's a way to go yet and the main problem with it currently is, despite the symptoms being bit better in the day when i'm eating regularly, when it comes to going to sleep, it's a though everything I retained in terms of fluid during the day decides it needs come out during the night and early in the morning. So I'm actually probably urinating more in the night now, but less so throughout the day. Again then I wake up feeling as dry as ever which is frustrating.

Is this possibly because my metabolism tanks during the night? The symptoms are always worst early hours of the morning until I get the day going and start eating.

It feels as though I was getting somewhere with it but still things seem to completely revert back to super dry every night and morning and sometimes randomly during the day for no apparent reason.

Any ideas?
Do you take your body temperature throughout the day? I think hypothyroidism and the resulting increased cortisol can make your body less able to produce anti-diuretic hormone at night. If your temperature dropped a lot when the increased urination happened, that could be telling.

OP
C

Callmestar

Do you take your body temperature throughout the day? I think hypothyroidism and the resulting increased cortisol can make your body less able to produce anti-diuretic hormone at night. If your temperature dropped a lot when the increased urination happened, that could be telling.

Hey. Yes I've been taking my temperature and yes it does look as though there's possible correlation between when it's lower and the more frequent urination. I can't say I've taken my temperature during the night but from morning it is usually around 97f and increases to about 98f by late afternoon/evening. I imagine it's probably lowest when sleeping and in the morning and the urination is definitely worse at those times.

It's frustrating because during the day my urine is definitely the darkest it's been in years. As in its definitely concentrating better with this metabolism increasing stuff I've been doing, but then it gets to sleeping and early morning and it's as though all that extra fluid my body has correctly managed to retain during the day when metabolism is up, then decides it needs to come out when I sleep (I assume when metabolism is down) and therefore I'm waking up more than ever to pee.

Maybe I should take thyroid right before bed to see if that helps? I'm eating right up until sleep but that doesn't seem to be making any difference to the night time urination.

Vileplume

Hey. Yes I've been taking my temperature and yes it does look as though there's possible correlation between when it's lower and the more frequent urination. I can't say I've taken my temperature during the night but from morning it is usually around 97f and increases to about 98f by late afternoon/evening. I imagine it's probably lowest when sleeping and in the morning and the urination is definitely worse at those times.

It's frustrating because during the day my urine is definitely the darkest it's been in years. As in its definitely concentrating better with this metabolism increasing stuff I've been doing, but then it gets to sleeping and early morning and it's as though all that extra fluid my body has correctly managed to retain during the day when metabolism is up, then decides it needs to come out when I sleep (I assume when metabolism is down) and therefore I'm waking up more than ever to pee.

Maybe I should take thyroid right before bed to see if that helps? I'm eating right up until sleep but that doesn't seem to be making any difference to the night time urination.
It’s great to hear that you’ve noticed improvements with urine concentration in the afternoon! Since the body temperature indicates your ability to evaporate water through the lungs and rest of your body, it sounds like temp and metabolism are decreasing during the night, and taking a dose of thyroid before bed sounds like a good thing to try.

Also, you could experiment with which foods you eat before bed. Dr. Peat usually recommends something more carb-heavy, ideally with plenty of calcium and salt.

OP
C

Callmestar

So I'm eating about 3 times as much as I was previously and I'm way more hungry despite the extra food. I eat then within about 2 or 3 hours I'm hungry again and eat again. I assume good signs that my metabolism is on the up. Dehydration not showing much improvement though despite some early promising signs a week or so ago.

Do I just keep on like this? Is it a case of just keep eating regularly and over months I may begin to heal? Because despite eating way more, more regularly and being more hungry, everything else feels pretty much the same in terms of symptoms.

OP
C

Callmestar

Losing the fkin plot. Life is essentially over. I'm getting nowhere with any of it.

K

Kayaker

Long-term hypothyroidism, especially with x-rays, endotoxin, or viral infections, can cause damage to mitochondria.

Dehydration is from low CO2, in other words, low metabolism. My temperature drops later in the day and I have a dry mouth while I'm sleeping despite not sleeping with an open mouth.

If neither thyroid nor sugar increase metabolism, it means something else is wrong. Minimizing TSH with T4 will help to heal metabolism, it doesn't always have to increase temperature.

Peatful

Im glad you’re sticking to eating well.

To rebuild takes time. It doesn’t happen quickly- even if everything you eat, do or don’t do things perfectly- it takes consistency and time.

It is as you speculated regarding night time urinating.
This is a well documented Peat basic- that stress hormones rise in the night- regardless of a good or bad metabolism.
Your metabolism is weak and your stress hormones are high- low thyroid- hence the nighttime urination.
The only reason you are better during the day is due to the daily artificial T3.

I don’t consider that a good short or long term plan.
You’re seeing the results of this.
Losing the fkin plot. Life is essentially over. I'm getting nowhere with any of it.
A stressed organism will not be able to heal.

OP
C

Callmestar

Im glad you’re sticking to eating well.

To rebuild takes time. It doesn’t happen quickly- even if everything you eat, do or don’t do things perfectly- it takes consistency and time.

It is as you speculated regarding night time urinating.
This is a well documented Peat basic- that stress hormones rise in the night- regardless of a good or bad metabolism.
Your metabolism is weak and your stress hormones are high- low thyroid- hence the nighttime urination.
The only reason you are better during the day is due to the daily artificial T3.

I don’t consider that a good short or long term plan.
You’re seeing the results of this.

A stressed organism will not be able to heal.

I'm not even better during the day, currently, that was short lived. I've taken much higher doses of THE previously and it didn't improve anything at all so I have to assume it's not purely the T3 that caused some initial improvement during the day.

In regards to stress. I completely appreciate what you say. In regards to general life, money, work, relationships, the typical things people stress over. I don't let that impact me at all. Those things don't stress me. It's purely the symptoms of being unwell that cause the stress. Feeling depleted, dehydrated, unwell and uncomfortable and unable to function in normal life, I don't think there's many things more stressful than that and without relief from the symptoms, I'm kind of stuck in this cycle of stress.

What alternative to sourdough bread would you recommend? I know it's one of the things you often mention. Unfortunately I'm intolerant to gluten so j can't really have it.

OP
C

Callmestar

Long-term hypothyroidism, especially with x-rays, endotoxin, or viral infections, can cause damage to mitochondria.

Dehydration is from low CO2, in other words, low metabolism. My temperature drops later in the day and I have a dry mouth while I'm sleeping despite not sleeping with an open mouth.

If neither thyroid nor sugar increase metabolism, it means something else is wrong. Minimizing TSH with T4 will help to heal metabolism, it doesn't always have to increase temperature.

Thanks.
I've had a lot of x-rays/ct scans directly on that area due to a throughout problem so it could well be linked. Am I screwed?

I'm on the path you mention and trying to increase metabolism and taking Cynoplus for t4/t3. Eating every few hours. Not getting anywhere thus far though. What else could be wrong?

K

Kayaker

Thanks.
I've had a lot of x-rays/ct scans directly on that area due to a throughout problem so it could well be linked. Am I screwed?

I'm on the path you mention and trying to increase metabolism and taking Cynoplus for t4/t3. Eating every few hours. Not getting anywhere thus far though. What else could be wrong?
Chocolate could help. For some reason, it restores my CNS quickly. I'm trying to figure out which component has that effect. It could be sugar or the saturated fat, but it's more likely to be the fact that chocolate inhibits lipid peroxidation. Free fatty acids rise during the night, which probably has an effect on the CNS.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals