Chronic health problem (Dehydration) - Faint hope somebody here might have some ideas

Vins7

Does anyone have any idea if there could be some sort of deficiency in an amino acid or mineral? I feel exactly how somebody would feel after intense exercise and sweating, feeling depleted and in need if replenishment. Body fatigued, heart fluttery in need of energy. Yet this is without any exercise/activity.

At this point it doesn't look as though it's any of the go to obvious causes. It's not thyroid, not B12, not vit D, not the electrolytes (according to bloods and no improvement taking electrolytes). So I'm wondering if another obscure mineral deficiency could be the cause or an amino acid deficiency?
You could pay for a mineral test
Without sugar I feel utterly dreadful. Not in a blood surgery/hypoglycemia sense but in a dry, dehydrated, fatigued, depleted sense. Is there any way I could have some sort of undetected pre diabetes / insulin issue that isn't detected on blood and is manifesting in these strange symptoms? With sugar it's not anywhere near normal but if I have a day or so with low sugar I feel extremely unwell.
That or some sort of obscure deficiency are my best guesses right now based on how I feel.

I know it's not exactly the Peat way but I'm wondering if forcing myself to go low carb in attempts to rebalance some sort in glucose/insulin issue might be worth a try. Although I know I will feel utterly dreadful doing it.
Have you got Blood sugar and insulin tested?

OP
C

Callmestar

You could pay for a mineral test
Have you got Blood sugar and insulin tested?

Yes i'm looking for a reputable mineral test currently.

I've my blood sugar and HbA1c tested numerous times and it's always normal. But never tested insulin specifically. It doesn't seem to be a test they do very often if at all here in the UK. Could insulin be off despite normal blood sugar?

Vins7

Yes i'm looking for a reputable mineral test currently.

I've my blood sugar and HbA1c tested numerous times and it's always normal. But never tested insulin specifically. It doesn't seem to be a test they do very often if at all here in the UK. Could insulin be off despite normal blood sugar?
In my research to understand the health problems that I have, I heard from several doctors that this could happen, a normal blood sugar level but the insulin spiked.
In my case, I paid to test it and both came out in range, even the insulin a little low.

OP
C

Callmestar

In my research to understand the health problems that I have, I heard from several doctors that this could happen, a normal blood sugar level but the insulin spiked.
In my case, I paid to test it and both came out in range, even the insulin a little low.

Interesting. So you had normal blood sugar and out of range insulin levels? Did you have any symptoms? what was your reason for having insulin tested?

OP
C

Callmestar

Managed to get through the really really rough phase of low carb and increasing my fats helped. Now on about day 6 of low carb, first 3 days were purely low carb, last 3 have been low carb, high fat/keto. Actually feeling quite a bit better today in terms of general wellbeing and mood. The dryness and frequent urination are pretty much the same but outside of that I feel a bit better and i'm not having to drink constant juice/smoothie to survive.

I know it's probably 'anti-peat' but for now Keto seems a worthwhile experiment considering there's definitely some dependence on sugar or possible insulin resistance that needs addressing. Any ongoing advice from you guys is always appreciated.

Also thanks @AncestralJoy for the recommendation of Shilajit. It definitely feels as though it's made a positive difference and considering the amount of other supplements I've taken with zero benefit, I don't think it's placebo.

LLight

Glad to hear. I hope you will find more relief with the low carb/keto diet.

Do you manage to eat enough fat to sustain your energy?

OP
C

Callmestar

Glad to hear. I hope you will find more relief with the low carb/keto diet.

Do you manage to eat enough fat to sustain your energy?

It's early days and I've probably only really gone into ketosis properly today. I certainly have more energy now then I have done before I went keto even though it seems as though I'm eating less. So yes getting enough fats.

Last edited:

Vins7

It's early days and I've probably only really gone into ketosis properly today. I certainly have more energy now then I have done before I went keto even though it seems as though I'm eating less. So yes getting enough fats.
If you are better with keto my thoughts are that your problems could be a Blood sugar issue or microbiota issue...

OP
C

Callmestar

If you are better with keto my thoughts are that your problems could be a Blood sugar issue or microbiota issue...

When I say better, I still have the same dehydration symptoms and am Thirsty non stop which is the whole problem I'm trying to address. But outside of this I'm feeling a bit better in keto yes.

I look utterly dreadful on it though, probably because I look super gaunt with no glycogen which usually plumps me up a little when eating carbs and drinking juice. It's also a nightmare as I can't drink any juice/sugar which is the only thing that feels at all hydrating to me. So now really it's water and electrolytes and it doesn't even touch the feeling of dehydration.

So overall, better energy, slightly better wellbeing but dry as ever and now unable to get temporary relief from drinking juice.

But yes I'm doing this under the suspicion there may be a blood sugar issue. I think microbiota is probably ok going by my digestion and stool tests.

AncestralJoy

When I say better, I still have the same dehydration symptoms and am Thirsty non stop which is the whole problem I'm trying to address. But outside of this I'm feeling a bit better in keto yes.

I look utterly dreadful on it though, probably because I look super gaunt with no glycogen which usually plumps me up a little when eating carbs and drinking juice. It's also a nightmare as I can't drink any juice/sugar which is the only thing that feels at all hydrating to me. So now really it's water and electrolytes and it doesn't even touch the feeling of dehydration.

So overall, better energy, slightly better wellbeing but dry as ever and now unable to get temporary relief from drinking juice.

But yes I'm doing this under the suspicion there may be a blood sugar issue. I think microbiota is probably ok going by my digestion and stool tests.
When you say more energy are you aware it may just be cortisol/adrenaline energy?
I remember the feeling I had on carnivore. I eventually ran out of that and it was worse than ever. Have you tried high dose niacinamide and thiamine whenever you have carbs?

OP
C

Callmestar

When you say more energy are you aware it may just be cortisol/adrenaline energy?
I remember the feeling I had on carnivore. I eventually ran out of that and it was worse than ever. Have you tried high dose niacinamide and thiamine whenever you have carbs?

I mean it could be, but it doesn't feel that way. Before Keto I could get out of bed for about 5 hours not do very much other than some light work from my laptop and be absolutely wiped out. Only early days on Keto as I say but there's what seems to be more of a steady state of energy for far longer. It's not like a cortisol/adrenaline feeling energy to me at least.

I have to really do what feels better at this point. I've eaten as advised by most here for the past few months and unfortunately have seen no improvement. I've got worse, my testosterone has fallen off a cliff, I've become skinny fat and I'm more dependent on sugar. I don't doubt the protocols of this forum have helped many but maybe it's not right for me in this current state.

I have taken niacinamide and thamine in high doses. I'm not sure what I'd be hoping to achieve in terms of the carbs with these supplements?

AncestralJoy

I mean it could be, but it doesn't feel that way. Before Keto I could get out of bed for about 5 hours not do very much other than some light work from my laptop and be absolutely wiped out. Only early days on Keto as I say but there's what seems to be more of a steady state of energy for far longer. It's not like a cortisol/adrenaline feeling energy to me at least.

I have to really do what feels better at this point. I've eaten as advised by most here for the past few months and unfortunately have seen no improvement. I've got worse, my testosterone has fallen off a cliff, I've become skinny fat and I'm more dependent on sugar. I don't doubt the protocols of this forum have helped many but maybe it's not right for me in this current state.

I have taken niacinamide and thamine in high doses. I'm not sure what I'd be hoping to achieve in terms of the carbs with these supplements?
Yeah you’ve definitely got to experiment for yourself and that way you’ll find what you actually need

I do remember that feeling of steady energy and not having crashes between meals but just being able to go for hours and not get ravenous or brain foggy, it just ended up not lasting for me that’s all and now I’m dealing with the after effects of prolonged high cortisol
Some people seem to do a lot better for longer like that though so hopefully it really helps you. Got to do what keeps us going especialy when things are difficult!

there are a few threads about those specific Bvits affecting the cellular metabolism and use of glucose I think. I’m not very good at explaining the science of it but basically they can Help to bring a cell back into optimal metabolic health eg theyve been used to successfully cure cancer by getting cancer cells to go from metabolically dysfunctional to restoring their metabolic function. I know I’m probably butchering this but I hope you kind of get the point And I’ll try find the threads to link below if you find any of that interesting.

glad you have found a way to feel better though and thanks for keeping us all posted it’s always great to hear how things work or dont work and what you’ve found to try. Glad the shilajit gave a little improvement too!

OP
C

Callmestar

Had a bit of a crash this morning around an hour after waking, just after breakfast. Not sure what it was, maybe low blood sugar or not enough fats on board. Arms felt very heavy and generally felt super fatigued all of a sudden. It only lasted 20 mins or so and then the rest of the day has been improved energy again. Did a light workout this evening, just to get the blood flowing. Had energy for more but just taking it easy and trying not to put any extra stress on the body.

Found some good liver pate in the supermarket today and eaten basically the whole pack, craving it.

I know many here will probably disagree with this Keto path but it's about the only thing that seems to have given a little relief and more energy in months so I will see where it goes.

OP
C

Callmestar

Much the same today as the past few days. Still feeling slightly better on Keto with a bit more energy, but can't say I'm feeling anywhere near good and the thirst is as bad as ever. I have noticed the strange depleted fluttery feeling I was getting regularly in the lower left chest, stomach/pancreas area has gone since being Keto which seems positive.
If I do have some sort of insulin resistance / pre diabetes does anyone know how long it might take to rebalance or correct itself on Keto?

AncestralJoy

Much the same today as the past few days. Still feeling slightly better on Keto with a bit more energy, but can't say I'm feeling anywhere near good and the thirst is as bad as ever. I have noticed the strange depleted fluttery feeling I was getting regularly in the lower left chest, stomach/pancreas area has gone since being Keto which seems positive.
If I do have some sort of insulin resistance / pre diabetes does anyone know how long it might take to rebalance or correct itself on Keto?
I was actually warned by multiple people who'd done carnivore themselves (not keto but a form of a keto diet) that it can make you prediabetic. didn't listen obv cuz I thought they were retarded at the time but it makes a bit of sense to me now. you're essentially forcing your body into not using glucose the normal way and I'm pretty sure that doesn't make your body better at using carbs. it def made my body worse at it. I don't have clear advice for you re that but thats another thing high dose thiamine has been used for here by a few people, is restoring ability to utilise carbs.
I'd probably look into that maybe study the physiology and learn a bit about what things can help the body to use carbs better?
I know potassium reduces need for insulin by acting in a similar way which is why fruit is an easier form of sugar to access than straight white sugar.
But I really don't know of anyone improving their insulin resistance that way and being able to use carbs well after being Keto. it seems to keep the benefits most have to stay keto?
I'd be curious to hear from others though because maybe it has worked

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals