Can You Build Tolerance With Daily Usage Of 5-10mg Of Progesterone Cream?

Nemo

I've been using roughly 5 to 20 mg a day, based on how I feel, for years and I can't remember a time it didn't feel good.

I used much higher doses for a couple of months after surgery.

Just always felt good.

Right now I'm using a couple of small doses in the morning with DHEA. Then using more at bedtime. In between, I use a couple tiny doses of pregnenolone because, like progesterone, it's great at relieving stuffy nose.

I give my husband 6 mg progesterone every morning with 2 mg DHEA because it cured his arrythmia. No sign yet of the effects wearing off.

SonOfEurope

Awesome, thank you very much for the explanation! I have issues with my liver, I am recovering from mold toxicity and I have iron overload which I'm working on lowering. I have some fat but I'm not overweight. I was taking ProgestE + dhea (dhea dissolved in progestE) orally. I will try lower DHEA, 1-2mg max per 20mg progesterone and I will split the dosage and see what it does. What would a minimum dose of calcium be. I don't drink a lot of milk, so this could also be an issue.

Total per day, at least 1,500mg... But never pass 3,000mg either... You'll notice It's a bit harder to increase magnesium in proportion.... Chocolate, leafy greens, seafood is expensive and nuts high in MaG tend to have too much Po0-Fah.... So dedicating one meal to be Fruit-based is the best....

Progesterone is indeed supposed to be sedating (anesthesia ) and although 20mg/day should not interfere with testosterone metabolism (only in a mineral/nutritional deficiency) it will slightly oppose DHT by nature of competition for the enzyme 5-Alpha, Testosterone and Progesterone are the two Hormones that that enzyme turns into the most neuroprotective substances (Allo-pregnanolone, DHT, Androsterone) but DHT is needed for most Androgenicity, if a male has lower E2 and good thyroid, both of which P4 restore at only 20mg the small drop in DHT shouldn't affect you negatively but if you're overdoing an estrogen precursor like Dehydroepiandrosterone can be then it's not optimal.

You might even settle on a lower dose like 15mg or 12mg, which is so low that it might even increase DHT by clearing E2 from tissues and enhancing 5-alpha while hardly competing with T... I'm currently on 16mg per day and my T is at 673, DHT at 213, my estrogen is quite low (<20) and I feel better than ever.

For extra calcium I use powdered Eggshell and have some cheese in the diet, it's magnesium that's a bit harder to keep in ratio and your body would let you know by an increased difficulty to relax muscles and mild constipation if you need more magnesium in proportion to Calcium.

Vitamin D helps retain Magnesium better, interestingly Progesterone and D are tied in many biological regulations mostly relating to skeletal maintance.

Last edited:

SonOfEurope

@Bart1

Lowering iron can be a difficult task man.... I donated some and reduced iron intake since late 2019 and have slightly gone down... Having a moderate intake of copper helps, and according to Peat, who's word I believe, Coffee can help at least slightly reduce iron absorption after meals heavy in it, I don't know the mechanism though.

How were your liver enzymes last time you checked? A sluggish liver can even slow down Estrogen elimination when using P.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I've been using roughly 5 to 20 mg a day, based on how I feel, for years and I can't remember a time it didn't feel good.

I used much higher doses for a couple of months after surgery.

Just always felt good.

Right now I'm using a couple of small doses in the morning with DHEA. Then using more at bedtime. In between, I use a couple tiny doses of pregnenolone because, like progesterone, it's great at relieving stuffy nose.

I give my husband 6 mg progesterone every morning with 2 mg DHEA because it cured his arrythmia. No sign yet of the effects wearing off.
what brand are you using?

Bart1

Total per day, at least 1,500mg... But never pass 3,000mg either... You'll notice It's a bit harder to increase magnesium in proportion.... Chocolate, leafy greens, seafood is expensive and nuts high in MaG tend to have too much Po0-Fah.... So dedicating one meal to be Fruit-based is the best....

Progesterone is indeed supposed to be sedating (anesthesia ) and although 20mg/day should not interfere with testosterone metabolism (only in a mineral/nutritional deficiency) it will slightly oppose DHT by nature of competition for the enzyme 5-Alpha, Testosterone and Progesterone are the two Hormones that that enzyme turns into the most neuroprotective substances (Allo-pregnanolone, DHT, Androsterone) but DHT is needed for most Androgenicity, if a male has lower E2 and good thyroid, both of which P4 restore at only 20mg the small drop in DHT shouldn't affect you negatively but if you're overdoing an estrogen precursor like Dehydroepiandrosterone can be then it's not optimal.

You might even settle on a lower dose like 15mg or 12mg, which is so low that it might even increase DHT by clearing E2 from tissues and enhancing 5-alpha while hardly competing with T... I'm currently on 16mg per day and my T is at 673, DHT at 213, my estrogen is quite low (<20) and I feel better than ever.

For extra calcium I use powdered Eggshell and have some cheese in the diet, it's magnesium that's a bit harder to keep in ratio and your body would let you know by an increased difficulty to relax muscles and mild constipation if you need more magnesium in proportion to Calcium.

Vitamin D helps retain Magnesium better, interestingly Progesterone and D are tied in many biological regulations mostly relating to skeletal maintance.
Thanks again. Clears things up, I will soon give it another go

Bart1

@Bart1

Lowering iron can be a difficult task man.... I donated some and reduced iron intake since late 2019 and have slightly gone down... Having a moderate intake of copper helps, and according to Peat, who's word I believe, Coffee can help at least slightly reduce iron absorption after meals heavy in it, I don't know the mechanism though.

How were your liver enzymes last time you checked? A sluggish liver can even slow down Estrogen elimination when using P.
Yes, it’s a pain in the ****. I’m trying things like ip6 now. I’ve tried blood letting but I loose a lot of important things with that. Liver enzymes are within range and have even dropped more recently by taking TUDCA. But definitely feel my liver is still sluggish which could cause the problems with taking P.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals