High Pregnenolone, High Progesterone, High Estradiol, Low D

Cecilia L.

Hi All
can you guide me to research info on female hormones for my 16 yr old daughter?
Labs came back showing - serum
H Pregnenolone 340 (12-198)
H Estrodiol 266
H Progesterone 23.1
Low D, 25-OH,total, IA - 23 (30-100)
TSH 4.10
Rest of thyroid hormones in optimal range / No Thyroid Antibodies
White blood cell count always low.

Any insight into these types of labs (I have more but I figure I will place the ones at question first)

SYMPTOMS ---
Agonizing debilitating pms pains that last 2-5 days
I have her on 30mgs of Progesterone cream (this has helped a lot this last cycle was less agonizing)
What drives pregnenolone hormone?
I don't believe that progesterone is high in relation to that high estradiol?
Supplements: Bioenergetic diet, Vit C, B's, E, Zinc, Selenium, Iodine, Magnesium!

Thank you,
Cecilia

meatbag

Hi All
can you guide me to research info on female hormones for my 16 yr old daughter?
Labs came back showing - serum
H Pregnenolone 340 (12-198)
H Estrodiol 266
H Progesterone 23.1
Low D, 25-OH,total, IA - 23 (30-100)
TSH 4.10
Rest of thyroid hormones in optimal range / No Thyroid Antibodies
White blood cell count always low.

Any insight into these types of labs (I have more but I figure I will place the ones at question first)

SYMPTOMS ---
Agonizing debilitating pms pains that last 2-5 days
I have her on 30mgs of Progesterone cream (this has helped a lot this last cycle was less agonizing)
What drives pregnenolone hormone?
I don't believe that progesterone is high in relation to that high estradiol?
Supplements: Bioenergetic diet, Vit C, B's, E, Zinc, Selenium, Iodine, Magnesium!

Thank you,
Cecilia
Daily Carrot salad might help

“Endotoxin formed in the bowel can block respiration and cause hormone imbalances contributing to instability of the nerves, so it is helpful to optimize bowel flora, for example with a carrot salad; a dressing of vinegar, coconut oil and olive oil, carried into the intestine by the carrot fiber, suppresses bacterial growth while stimulating healing of the wall of the intestine. The carrot salad improves the ratio of progesterone to estrogen and cortisol, and so is as appropriate for epilepsy as for premenstrual syndrome, insomnia, or arthritis.”
Ray Peat, PhD on the Benefits of the Raw Carrot – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
-
The iodine supplement could be contributing to the thyroid issues. This is confusing because thyroid hormone contains iodine;

Last edited:

JKX

I would go with a vitamin D supplement for a while and make sure she tries to get at least a couple of hours of sunshine per day. Hows her calcium intake in relation to phosphate?

I like to test prolactin over other blood based hormones. I think it provides a more accurate picture of tissue estrogen content. As she is young, you'd expect preg to be high. The other hormones will fluctuate a fair bit depending on her cycle timing. Preg should primarily derive from thyroid and vitamin A in a healthy person.

Anything that improves liver function might be helpful. A little glycine, taurine, vitamin E (not from soy) would all help. Plenty of insoluble fibre as mentioned above. Her eyes should be clear, white and shiny. If they are not its a sign of the liver being overworked, probably from endotoxin.

@Cecilia L.
Supplements is all fine, if they are rather clean. Iodine up to 400mcg is safe. She is still growing, so to give more substrate is smart. Oral D3 between 7500IU-10000IU/d. If she cant handle milk ,do not force it .A Restaurant-type of Diet with Meat and Fish, eggs and oysters, liver and aged cheese is very very good.

D

danishispsychic

i would recommend her going off all supplements ( except d/k and coffee ) totally and re testing. sounds like an overloaded liver -

OP
Cecilia L.

Cecilia L.

Hi Everyone thanks so much for all your input! I appreciate every single one!
Yes the supplements have been super clean and reputable since she was on a lyme journey since 8yrs old!
Clean Homeopaths/Chinese herbs and such!
She loves Milk and drinks a good amount daily now more than ever.. we also get her some raw goats milk to add to her nutrition.
She is small just started growing this past 2 years. 5"5 3/4
112 lbs lean but little muscular - she is a basketball player.

The Iodine - she takes 1 drop 5 days a week its 350mcg. ? Would love to keep encouraging her height ;)

Vit D3 Carlson Super Daily is what I had in hand - I starter her back on 6,000IUs (orally) is there a best time a day to take?

Magnesium Glycinate - always a staple as we all need it so bad :( (Brand- Pure encapsulation)

I have her on: Vit b's and C for Liver help?

Progesterone cream from Onas site: 30mgs 2 week prior to bleed because her symptoms from pain are that intense /unbearable.

Vit K2 - mk4-mk7 500mcg & 100mcg 1 capsule - brand is Full Spectrum?
any other brands recommended or is this dose ok? time a day that's best to take?

Thank you soooo much for all your guidance!

D

danishispsychic

i really think that supplements gunk up the liver. she is on too many.

lampofred

More gelatin, less muscle meat, more protein in general (including either milk or cheese for calcium), weekly liver and oysters instead of supplements (except for a quality vitamin E, vitamin D, and magnesium baths), should all help to lower estrogen and cortisol. Avoiding iron and glyphosate may also help.

This is unavoidable to an extent but I think being too close to cell phones, routers, radiation can raise cortisol and estrogen.

Last edited:

LUH 3417

Yes the supplements have been super clean and reputable since she was on a lyme journey since 8yrs old!
She loves Milk and drinks a good amount daily now more than ever.. we also get her some raw goats milk to add to her nutrition.

The Iodine - she takes 1 drop 5 days a week its 350mcg. ? Would love to keep encouraging her height ;)

Vit D3 Carlson Super Daily is what I had in hand - I starter her back on 6,000IUs (orally) is there a best time a day to take?

Magnesium Glycinate - always a staple as we all need it so bad :( (Brand- Pure encapsulation)

Progesterone cream from Onas site: 30mgs 2 week prior to bleed because her symptoms from pain are that intense /unbearable.

any other brands recommended or is this dose ok? time a day that's best to take?

I took some mag glycinate the other night and could not sleep. It was PureFormulas, kept me up all night even after taking Benadryl which usually knocks me out. I think a lot of supplements are tainted and I believe many cause more harm than good, besides topical fat solubles and maybe a b complex tincture

And please be careful with the advice here;the members are well-meaning,but have huge diagnostic Goggles on lol,what your child probably needs isnt exogenous meddling with hormonal activity,because she isnt very ill but in development,but very high Quality Meals.She needs more than Adults because of that.Growth is serious work for an Organism.I would recommend tried and true Meals in a Restaurant type of Diet;she needs Iron,and that is good for her.Try to increase her Protein intake from Meat and aged Cheese,but maybe not milk,to 1.6-2.2g per Kilogram of Bodyweight.SAT to MUFA FAT in a Ratio of 1:1;O6:O3 in a Ratio of 1:1;also liver once a week and oysters or other Seafood is a very good idea.Also 2-4 softboiled eggs and Butterfat and High-Quality Olive Oil or high-Oleic Sunflower Oil for increase of MUFA.As Teenage SnackFoods Hazelnuts.Vitamin D3 5000IU/d,and as a general purpose Multi Thorne Research 2/d, which dependend on Bodysize,should be taken only as 1/capsule/day.1-2g/d Sodium Bicarbonate on an empty stomach between Meals.

Last edited:

wintagal

Her TSH is too high. Should be in range about 1 - 2.
If she starts taking thyroid and feels worse, her adrenal function may be low. Endocrinology manuals recommend always testing adrenal function before starting cortisol.

invictus

I took some mag glycinate the other night and could not sleep. It was PureFormulas, kept me up all night even after taking Benadryl which usually knocks me out. I think a lot of supplements are tainted and I believe many cause more harm than good, besides topical fat solubles and maybe a b complex tincture

Just to say that glycine powder, regardless of brand, has ALWAYS caused poor and/or disturbed sleep.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals