Depression Stuff Onces Through With Progesterone

Arnold Grape

Male/ 39: Did a stint with Pregnenolone, whereby I was getting into great physical shape and my diet virtually started to click. Started Progesterone somewhat haphazardly (once a day) because it seemed to take the edge off of my mood. Eventually -- through the summer -- I became downright gregarious and joyful (because of the Progesterone @ one drop daily), however I realized that my body started to shift. This included reduced muscle mass and thinner arms and legs, despite maintaining the same diet and workout routine. In short, this seemed to have a cumulative effect for me, which made my body more womanly. (I upped Calcium and nothing really seemed to help with this shift in muscle mass and energy.) Toward the end, I even suspected this was leading to hairloss, although I cannot be sure.

Having dipped on the Progesterone, my mood is back to where it was (i.e. agitation, not feeling sociable), although I can feel myself getting into better physical shape again, with the same diet and Pregnenolone. In the past I have tried Lysine but cannot tolerate it. The herb St. John's Wort was helpful to me with depression for long periods in the past but does not seem to incorporate well with the Peat inspired diet. Aspirin for me seems helpful in combination with Preg, but I cannot seem to dose more than 325 mgs every 24 or 36 hours without getting side effects - even with K2.

Does anybody have solid suggestions? My temps average slightly above 98 and my diet is fairly standard, easily digestible: shellfish; eggs; milk; fruit; orange juice; coconut oil; ice cream -- Vitamin C; B Vitamins; Taurine; occasional zinc.

I'm sort of over experimenting with anything that will reduce energy at this point.

Sucrates

I'd look at lowering serotonin. Glycine with meat (if you eat meat), theanine. The prog might be sensitising estrogen or lowering androgens, though there is data showing the opposite, while lowering serotonin via MAOA and TPH. Cyprotheptadine would be next on that list.

Another possibility is that your thyroid function was increased significantly by progesterone, more food might help maintain muscle in that context.

OP
Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape

I meant to include that: right now I take about 100 mg of the Health Natura Preg about every other day. Ime: taking more relates to agitated feelings and sometimes even less than that equals more in terms of effect. Very unpredictable sup, I say, in terms of mood.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals