Can Pregnenolone Make Fatigue Worse?

Connor888

My fatigue has not been very bad since I started thyroid almost two months ago. I have been steadily increasing the dose and things have been going well for the most part

I start taking 60mg of pregnenolone these past couple of days and dont feel anything. Still sleeping the same and no side effects, etc. Then today, been asleep for about 12-13 hours in total and feel about the same as I did before starting thyroid

Is there a way in which pregnenolone could cause this fatigue to flare up again or could it be coincidence? Its the fatigue where im too tired to get out of bed and do anything. Feels pretty bad

Anyone?

Fexxx

Same here. Preg lowers ACTH (Cortisol) which ist not always the best for longterm Hypos. Sublingual in low doses could work a little bit better.
DHEA also makes me sluggish.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Same here. Preg lowers ACTH (Cortisol) which ist not always the best for longterm Hypos. Sublingual in low doses could work a little bit better.
DHEA also makes me sluggish.

I think if I have another day like this I will knock the Pregnenolone down to 30mg for sure

Hans

Forum Supporter
My fatigue has not been very bad since I started thyroid almost two months ago. I have been steadily increasing the dose and things have been going well for the most part

I start taking 60mg of pregnenolone these past couple of days and dont feel anything. Still sleeping the same and no side effects, etc. Then today, been asleep for about 12-13 hours in total and feel about the same as I did before starting thyroid

Is there a way in which pregnenolone could cause this fatigue to flare up again or could it be coincidence? Its the fatigue where im too tired to get out of bed and do anything. Feels pretty bad

Anyone?
Possibly by lower cortisol but also because it can increase acetylcholine through the sigma receptor.
Excess acetylcholine contributes to fatigue, muscle weakness, exercise intolerance, etc.
I'm going to release an article on acetylcholine this week where I'll address all the symptoms, but a few common ones are excess mucus secretion in your mouth, nose, throat and eyes, easy sweating, constricted pupils, diarrhea, feeling more emotional than normal, ruminating on negative thoughts and so on.

But it could most likely just be a drop in cortisol. Cortisol production is reduced in hypothyroid so lowering it even more might make fatigue much worse.

NodeCerebri

Possibly by lower cortisol but also because it can increase acetylcholine through the sigma receptor.
Excess acetylcholine contributes to fatigue, muscle weakness, exercise intolerance, etc.
I'm going to release an article on acetylcholine this week where I'll address all the symptoms, but a few common ones are excess mucus secretion in your mouth, nose, throat and eyes, easy sweating, constricted pupils, diarrhea, feeling more emotional than normal, ruminating on negative thoughts and so on.

But it could most likely just be a drop in cortisol. Cortisol production is reduced in hypothyroid so lowering it even more might make fatigue much worse.
I read somewhere else on this forum that a dose of 20 mg of Pregnenolone can help tolerate thyroid better regarding low cortisol? Now I read your article and I’m confused. My boyfriend seeks help because I seem to go off on him for no particular reason (unusual for me) and I laughed really hard when I read that pregnenolone could cause this ? I am afraid that when I taper off preg, I won’t be able to tolerate thyroid anymore. Otherwise this over-emotional b**** just won’t let her boyfriend breathe in peace. Help us out please ?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I read somewhere else on this forum that a dose of 20 mg of Pregnenolone can help tolerate thyroid better regarding low cortisol? Now I read your article and I’m confused. My boyfriend seeks help because I seem to go off on him for no particular reason (unusual for me) and I laughed really hard when I read that pregnenolone could cause this ? I am afraid that when I taper off preg, I won’t be able to tolerate thyroid anymore. Otherwise this over-emotional b**** just won’t let her boyfriend breathe in peace. Help us out please ?
Progesterone and magnesium might be very helpful as well as making sure your blood sugar is replete at all times. It's easy to lose your temper when your blood sugar is low.

is it really? Cortisol seems high in hypo thyroid.

Hans

Forum Supporter
is it really? Cortisol seems high in hypo thyroid.
It depends. In some it might be high, in some low.

"It has been generally accepted that adrenal function might be impaired in patients with primary hypothyroidism. In 1957, Peterson in seven patients with severe hypothyroidism described that cortisol secretion and synthesis were reduced, primarily due to an impairment of cortisol metabolism by the liver. After L-T4 therapy was initiated cortisol production returned to normal. However, not every patient was evaluated after L-T4 therapy and adrenal function was not assessed using a stimulation test [8]. Later, in patients with primary hypothyroidism, Macgregor and Lessof et al. proposed an insufficient adrenal response to ACTH stimulation and an impairment of pituitary function, respectively [9, 10]. On the other hand, a normal HPA axis in patients with primary hypothyroidism has also been reported [11, 14]. In 1970, in a study by Harvard et al., in seven patients with primary hypothyroidism and in three with secondary hypothyroidism, adrenal stimulation with a standard ACTH test showed a normal cortisol response at 30 and 60 min in all patients before L-T4 therapy. This remained unchanged after achieving euthyroidism."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals