Pregnenolone reaction advise

Electrisio

So I tried pregnenolone today for the first time, with Swansons 10mg. I started with a single dose of 10mg and it hit me very quick. It felt like there wasn’t any androgen boost but it felt pretty estrogenic. Now I know it doesn’t increase estrogen but that’s how it felt.

After an hour after reading about doses I tried taking another 20mg. This dose felt pretty androgenic. However, at the same time I’m feeling pretty sluggish. In the gym it looks like I’m holding more water weight etc and I have mental and physical fatigue and a small increase in anxiety but nothing crazy. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could help rectify this? Or is just my reaction and I should not bother taking it?

opethfeldt

It does actually increase estrogen, at least for the first 3 days. There was a thread posted on here about it. That said, no amount of time has ever made that estrogenic response go away for me. It always starts off great but I always end up dropping pregnenolone. Maybe you'll have more luck if you persist.

OP
E

Electrisio

It does actually increase estrogen, at least for the first 3 days. There was a thread posted on here about it. That said, no amount of time has ever made that estrogenic response go away for me. It always starts off great but I always end up dropping pregnenolone. Maybe you'll have more luck if you persist.
Think I'm going to drop it and try Pansterone, seems like less estrogenic effects.

Dr. B

So I tried pregnenolone today for the first time, with Swansons 10mg. I started with a single dose of 10mg and it hit me very quick. It felt like there wasn’t any androgen boost but it felt pretty estrogenic. Now I know it doesn’t increase estrogen but that’s how it felt.

After an hour after reading about doses I tried taking another 20mg. This dose felt pretty androgenic. However, at the same time I’m feeling pretty sluggish. In the gym it looks like I’m holding more water weight etc and I have mental and physical fatigue and a small increase in anxiety but nothing crazy. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could help rectify this? Or is just my reaction and I should not bother taking it?
it causes a mania sort of effect like high cortisol?
i used pure encapsulations 50mg, put on 12 pounds in 10 days, lost lots of hair, shrunk testes noticeably, i think it converts to cortisol or something especially if metabolism is already lower

opethfeldt

it causes a mania sort of effect like high cortisol?
i used pure encapsulations 50mg, put on 12 pounds in 10 days, lost lots of hair, shrunk testes noticeably, i think it converts to cortisol or something especially if metabolism is already lower
Yeah, the first day or two I felt a strong mood and apparent cognitive boost. Then the water retention comes and I also start feeling emotional for no reason. I kept taking it for a week or so and it didn't improve. It just goes to show you that you have to use it for some time before drawing conclusions about any substance.

Dr. B

Yeah, the first day or two I felt a strong mood and apparent cognitive boost. Then the water retention comes and I also start feeling emotional for no reason. I kept taking it for a week or so and it didn't improve. It just goes to show you that you have to use it for some time before drawing conclusions about any substance.
did you gain weight? how long do you have to use it? the way things were going with just 10 days of usage there was no way i was gonna continue and turn into like 300 pounds just to wait and get some benefits of pregnenolone. especially since it also caused noticeable hair loss, not like its just bloating you up temporarily

Happycat

I just read in one of Ray's books that younger people, if they take pregnenolone they feel no effect.
The older you get the more you will benefit from pregnenolone, it reduces and normalises the production of stress hormones.

Green Dot

I just read in one of Ray's books that younger people, if they take pregnenolone they feel no effect.
The older you get the more you will benefit from pregnenolone, it reduces and normalises the production of stress hormones.
Yep.

"In a healthy young person or animal, taking even a large dose of pregnenolone has no hormone-like or drug-like action at all. It is unique in this way. But if the animal or person is under stress, and producing more cortisone than usual, taking pregnenolone causes the cortisone to come down to the normal level. After the age 40 or 45, it seems that everyone lives in a state of continuous “stress”, just as a normal part of aging. This coincides with the body’s decreased ability to produce an abundance of pregnenolone."

opethfeldt

did you gain weight? how long do you have to use it? the way things were going with just 10 days of usage there was no way i was gonna continue and turn into like 300 pounds just to wait and get some benefits of pregnenolone. especially since it also caused noticeable hair loss, not like its just bloating you up temporarily
I didn't actually weigh myself. I don't even own a scale. The bloating was in the love handle area and went away fairly quickly after I discontinued using it, so I'm assuming it was mostly water retention. That area is very sensitive to changes in estrogen for me. I'm not sure most people on here really need pregnenolone. At least not males. I gave 100mg preg to my ex a few years back and it had incredible benefits for her. I think both preg and prog are more female supplements, though I acknowledge some men have had fantastic results from both, including me a few years back.

Dr. B

Yep.

"In a healthy young person or animal, taking even a large dose of pregnenolone has no hormone-like or drug-like action at all. It is unique in this way. But if the animal or person is under stress, and producing more cortisone than usual, taking pregnenolone causes the cortisone to come down to the normal level. After the age 40 or 45, it seems that everyone lives in a state of continuous “stress”, just as a normal part of aging. This coincides with the body’s decreased ability to produce an abundance of pregnenolone."
Peat hasnt used pregnenolone since like 1986 though, he said he got effects from it that shouldnt occur from pregnenolone
he thinks the side effects people are getting are impurities/improper production methods, he doesnt believe pregnenolone can raise cortisol or estrogen...
im confused on that, since doesnt the body produce cortisol from pregnenolone initially

amd

RP said in his last ORN interview that oatmeal and psyllium fiber were ok.

In the past (THD), he didn't recommend psyllium fiber (mentioned with Metamucil) or oat bran (carcinogenic).

He mentioned the issue with Prenenolone in his last THD or ORN interview (can't recall).

Dr. B

In the past (THD), he didn't recommend psyllium fiber (mentioned with Metamucil) or oat bran (carcinogenic).

He mentioned the issue with Prenenolone in his last THD or ORN interview (can't recall).
what did he say about pregnenolone

Phosphor

My take is that your body does with pregnenolone what it wants, and that is different in different people; in my case, I can't take any of it because if I do I simply do not sleep. Wide awake for the duration, even if it is days. If I were a fighter pilot in Nam it would have been useful. Otherwise...not for me.

Yep.

Where did you find this quote Green Dot?

I am with Mr.Bollox in wanting to know what issue with Pregnenolone did RP mention fico?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals