How Safe Is Pregnenolone? (For Healing SSRI Effects)

Hi all,

I've been experiencing long lasting and brutal withdrawal symptoms since discontinuing SSRIs. These have mainly been severe anxiety, fatigue and insomnia to the degree of being housebound. I long to regain some vitality and feel a healthy restfulness again. Even when most tired, the current state is characterized by an extreme wired/agitated quality.

One thing recommended frequently is pregnenolone. But I have not seen many people in a similar circumstance say it was helpful from personal experience. I've also seen negative reports of pregnenolone causing more anxiety, something I'd definitely like to avoid.

So, how safe is pregnenolone likely to be? Starting very low doses, 10mg.

Has anyone found it useful in SSRI withdrawal? I'd love to hear from you

Constatine

Take too much and you will feel terrible (extreme anxiety like effects). As already stated here 10mg is safe.

OP
J
10 mg is Very safe.

It's very safe if it's pure, but Ray said he doesn't know of any good product at the moment.

Any thoughts on best product currently out there? The best I've currently found is for "Source Naturals 10mg Pregnenolone", since it has about 200 4*+ reviews over many sites. Struggling to find anything more reputable.

Take too much and you will feel terrible (extreme anxiety like effects). As already stated here 10mg is safe.

What kind of dose territory are we talking for "too much"? I definitely want to avoid anxiety states since I'm already very high anxiety.

Lukas

Some people take grams of pegnenlone and dont experience any negative effects. I think it depends on the person. Just start with the lowest dose possible and work your way up. Even 2 or 3 mg can be enough to experience an effect.
When I had anxiety, I found low doses of progesterone more helpful than pregnenolone. If preg didnt "work" for some reason I would give it a go.

x-ray peat

I think I read that it's a good idea to take a small amount of DHEA with pregnenalone to make sure it goes down the non estrogenic pathway. Maybe someone with more knowledge could confirm

Makrosky

Any thoughts on best product currently out there? The best I've currently found is for "Source Naturals 10mg Pregnenolone", since it has about 200 4*+ reviews over many sites. Struggling to find anything more reputable.

What kind of dose territory are we talking for "too much"? I definitely want to avoid anxiety states since I'm already very high anxiety.

I think idealabs one is very pure and also healthnatura powder.
I have found snorting small pinches of pregnenolone powder to be very positive for the brain/mood. Use it at your own risk but I use healthnature powder which is very pure and it works good. Don't forget one thing for post-SSRI : it takes time, we all went through that. Patience.

I would stay away from DHEA now because it has the potential to cause more problems than PREG. I would start using preg and once you master it's use or in the worst case you realiza it doesn't work, then you can try DHEA.

There's only one way to know : buy a good PREG free of impurities and start trying small doses.

Good luck! You'll recover

Makrosky

Oh and experiment with different routes : oral/topical/intranasal feel different.

milk_lover

PREG is much safer than DHEA, which can easily convert to estrogen under stress, high body fat, or/and low metabolism. PREG and Andro are in general very safe. PROG is OK but it can makes a man lose penis sensitivity.

Constatine

100mg gives me bad symptoms.

Frankdee20

Source Naturals is a good company, but their products often contain more excipients than I care for. You can't go wrong with Douglas Laboratories brand 5 mg or 25 mg Pregnenalone sublingual tabs. I don't know about micronized vs non, but I have used it years ago and it's the real deal. Currently using Pure Encapsulations 10 mg capsules with minimal excipients. Whatever issues I had with it when I began has more to do with rapid introduction of pregnenalone, rather than purity problems. Professional Complimentary Health Formulas brand also has a 5mg Pregnenalone Acetate liquid product. I suppose you could use that topically or sublingually.

doerfast

Hi all,

I've been experiencing long lasting and brutal withdrawal symptoms since discontinuing SSRIs. These have mainly been severe anxiety, fatigue and insomnia to the degree of being housebound. I long to regain some vitality and feel a healthy restfulness again. Even when most tired, the current state is characterized by an extreme wired/agitated quality.

One thing recommended frequently is pregnenolone. But I have not seen many people in a similar circumstance say it was helpful from personal experience. I've also seen negative reports of pregnenolone causing more anxiety, something I'd definitely like to avoid.

So, how safe is pregnenolone likely to be? Starting very low doses, 10mg.

Has anyone found it useful in SSRI withdrawal? I'd love to hear from you

Here is a study where they used 400 mg oral:

Allopregnanolone Elevations Following Pregnenolone Administration are Associated with Enhanced Activation of Emotion Regulation Neurocircuits