Best Cereal ive found. Probably Peaty too

Dr. B

so most cereals have additives like added vitamins… plus contain gmos, non organic corn flour Or wheat flour, and often even sunflower oil or canola oil. I found the chocolate cereals were often better but only barely. Most chocolate cereals still have the additives and issues in them.

This brand I believe is available nationwide. It is natures path organic, and is called chocolate koala crisps. This is their variant of the popular chocolate rice krispies cereal. They also have another one called cocoa chumps or something which is similar to cocoa puffs. It does contain corn flour though, although it is organic.

The only thing im not sure about on this one is the brown rice flour. But it is still all organic, uses organic brown rice flour, organic cane sugar, organic cocoa powder. Unlike other cereals on the market it has no added oils and no added vitamins or issues. It also is fairly nutrient dense; the brown rice is rich in manganese and probably magnesium and other nutrients too. The cocoa powder has iron and copper. You could probably get away with not eating meat as long as you got enough protein. I dont know if brown rice is completely Peaty, this cereal does also have 3g fiber a serving. But it is much easier than oatmeal and better than raisin bran or other options IMO. It causes no digestive issues or side effects for me.

Ray said the main issue with an all milk diet would be needing to supplement iron eventually. With cocoa powder in the diet you wouldn’t need to supplement iron.

Martin

Nice I'll try some of these. Cornflakes are the only one I've found with no added oils.

Jennifer

so most cereals have additives like added vitamins… plus contain gmos, non organic corn flour Or wheat flour, and often even sunflower oil or canola oil. I found the chocolate cereals were often better but only barely. Most chocolate cereals still have the additives and issues in them.

This brand I believe is available nationwide. It is natures path organic, and is called chocolate koala crisps. This is their variant of the popular chocolate rice krispies cereal. They also have another one called cocoa chumps or something which is similar to cocoa puffs. It does contain corn flour though, although it is organic.

The only thing im not sure about on this one is the brown rice flour. But it is still all organic, uses organic brown rice flour, organic cane sugar, organic cocoa powder. Unlike other cereals on the market it has no added oils and no added vitamins or issues. It also is fairly nutrient dense; the brown rice is rich in manganese and probably magnesium and other nutrients too. The cocoa powder has iron and copper. You could probably get away with not eating meat as long as you got enough protein. I dont know if brown rice is completely Peaty, this cereal does also have 3g fiber a serving. But it is much easier than oatmeal and better than raisin bran or other options IMO. It causes no digestive issues or side effects for me.

Ray said the main issue with an all milk diet would be needing to supplement iron eventually. With cocoa powder in the diet you wouldn’t need to supplement iron.

The Koala Crisp and Choco Chimps are decent, as well as Whole Foods’ 365 brown rice crisps, but the healthiest processed cereal that I could find for my parents is One Degree Organic Foods sprouted brown rice crisps. The ingredients are organic sprouted whole grain brown rice, organic coconut sugar, unrefined salt and tocopherols (vitamin E):

OP
D

Dr. B

The Koala Crisp and Choco Chimps are decent, as well as Whole Foods’ 365 brown rice crisps, but the healthiest processed cereal that I could find for my parents is One Degree Organic Foods sprouted brown rice crisps. The ingredients are organic sprouted whole grain brown rice, organic coconut sugar, unrefined salt and tocopherols (vitamin E):

I think i have tried that brands cocoa crisps version? Anyway they use unrefined salt, whereas the koala crisps uses sea salt. Ive heard arguments made for both of those being better than the other.

I didnt like how they add tocopherols to their cereal. Their chocolate version actually was too acidic, because they use unrefined cacao powder, it has an irritating effect on teeth, even if its eaten with milk. Cacao powder in milk i have found is more acidic than sodas with citric acid or phosphoric acid!
I also think organic cane sugar would be superior to organic coconut sugar or other sugars?

Jennifer

I think i have tried that brands cocoa crisps version? Anyway they use unrefined salt, whereas the koala crisps uses sea salt. Ive heard arguments made for both of those being better than the other.

I didnt like how they add tocopherols to their cereal. Their chocolate version actually was too acidic, because they use unrefined cacao powder, it has an irritating effect on teeth, even if its eaten with milk. Cacao powder in milk i have found is more acidic than sodas with citric acid or phosphoric acid!
I also think organic cane sugar would be superior to organic coconut sugar or other sugars?

They do have a cocoa version, but it contains sunflower oil so that’s why I got my parents the plain one. Isn’t sea salt unrefined salt? I would rather have tocopherols than grains that haven’t been properly prepared/sprouted, personally. Coconut sugar has more minerals than cane sugar, no? If a person has sensitive intestines, white sugar is probably preferable to both but if not, my choice would be coconut sugar.

OP
D

Dr. B

They do have a cocoa version, but it contains sunflower oil so that’s why I got my parents the plain one. Isn’t sea salt unrefined salt? I would rather have tocopherols than grains that haven’t been properly prepared/sprouted, personally. Coconut sugar has more minerals than cane sugar, no? If a person has sensitive intestines, white sugar is probably preferable to both but if not, my choice would be coconut sugar.
Oh i see. Yes the sprouted are better. Is that true even with rice, it needs to be sprouted for better nutrition and digestibity?
I thought cane sugar could potentially have policosanol and be easier to digest than coconut
And yes i havent looked into the nutrient content otherwise of coconut or other sugars
I was thinking unrefined salt, they just use standard table salt that hasnt been refined or processed.
Sea salt can have toxin issues, table salt too. I would have preferred pink salt but its not available. It is just a small amount in these cereals though i think
I like the cocoa powder as it has some iron and copper, so it could allow you to not need to eat meat so often!

Jennifer

Oh i see. Yes the sprouted are better. Is that true even with rice, it needs to be sprouted for better nutrition and digestibity?
I thought cane sugar could potentially have policosanol and be easier to digest than coconut
And yes i havent looked into the nutrient content otherwise of coconut or other sugars
I was thinking unrefined salt, they just use standard table salt that hasnt been refined or processed.
Sea salt can have toxin issues, table salt too. I would have preferred pink salt but its not available. It is just a small amount in these cereals though i think
I like the cocoa powder as it has some iron and copper, so it could allow you to not need to eat meat so often!

Yep, even rice, since it’s also a grain/seed, though, I think white rice is fairly digestible for the average person. As far as I’m aware, table salt is refined salt and yes, there isn’t much salt in the crisp cereals. If you compare both cereals, the One Degree plain has 6% iron per 3/4 cup (28 g) serving and the Koala Crisp has 4% iron per 3/4 cup (30 g) serving.

OP
D

Dr. B

Yep, even rice, since it’s also a grain/seed, though, I think white rice is fairly digestible for the average person. As far as I’m aware, table salt is refined salt and yes, there isn’t much salt in the crisp cereals. If you compare both cereals, the One Degree plain has 6% iron per 3/4 cup (28 g) serving and the Koala Crisp has 4% iron per 3/4 cup (30 g) serving.
Interesting then its the brown rice itself that contains iron? And sprouting seems to increase the iron content then. Since the other has brown rice and cocoa powder

Birdie

My husband cooks oatmeal every day for his cereal. He adds raisins, brown sugar (white safer but he likes brown) and some of that Baleine sea salt Ray recommended. Some milk and butter.

Pretty sure added iron isn't safe though. Didn't Ray say that Iron supplements were highly reactive?

Also here:
[Is cocoa as good as coffee to inhibit iron absorption?] Yes.

And here:
Drinking coffee with meals will greatly reduce iron absorption. Abnormal thyroid status can affect ferritin level, without necessarily affecting your iron load.

slimdaddydogjim

Forum Supporter
I remember Georgi saying that brown rice was more of a resistant starch than white rice. Perhaps sprouting brown rice makes it safer, I wouldn't know but maybe @haidut could shed some light on this.

By the way, the One Degree Organic Foods sprouted brown rice crisps do taste great! This was the last cereal that I remember eating before I quit cereal altogether 8 years ago.

bookshelf

I get that cereal is probably taboo with most Peaters but sometimes a bowl just hits the spot and, if you live in a mixed household (not everyone gets in to bioenergetic eating), having good choices like this is a way of bridging the gap between lifestyles. Thanks for sharing.

OP
D

Dr. B

My husband cooks oatmeal every day for his cereal. He adds raisins, brown sugar (white safer but he likes brown) and some of that Baleine sea salt Ray recommended. Some milk and butter.

Pretty sure added iron isn't safe though. Didn't Ray say that Iron supplements were highly reactive?

Also here:
[Is cocoa as good as coffee to inhibit iron absorption?] Yes.

And here:
Drinking coffee with meals will greatly reduce iron absorption. Abnormal thyroid status can affect ferritin level, without necessarily affecting your iron load.

Yes there shouldn’t be added iron in the cereal I mentioned and the one Jennifer mentioned

The iron comes from the brown rice and also the cocoa powder. So naturally occurring and i think non heme.

I remember Georgi saying that brown rice was more of a resistant starch than white rice. Perhaps sprouting brown rice makes it safer, I wouldn't know but maybe @haidut could shed some light on this.

By the way, the One Degree Organic Foods sprouted brown rice crisps do taste great! This was the last cereal that I remember eating before I quit cereal altogether 8 years ago.

Yes i like the koala crisps flavor and texture more. I think these are useful if you cant or dont want to eat meat… the brown rice is at least organic and it has a lot of manganese and some magnesium… the cocoa powder has some iron and copper. Im thinking if youre eating cocoa powder consistently you may not need liver? Ray mentioned the main issue on an all milk diet would be iron, and sodium. The brown rice and cocoa powder provides iron and copper.
Also I would have to look back but i think Ray said daily iron intake should be 4mg or less. So you would have to be careful with certain grains and cocoa powder unless you dont eat meat. I recently cut down on beef and meat and replaced with skyr…

I think Ray said he likes wheat bran for the type of fiber it has? In that case even raisin bran from what I remember had an okay ingredients list, main issue was the bran flakes and raisins arent organic. I think raisin bran didnt have any added vitamins or iron and didnt have bht or other preservatives like other mainstream cereals. It doesnt seem to have the manganese and magnesium of brown rice cereal though. Manganese is also high in pineapple which there are issues with and coconut water.

bookshelf

Does white rice cereal not exist?
Quaker makes a puffed rice cereal but it doesn't say on the label that I saw if it is white or brown. It also has a bunch of junk in it so I wouldn't buy it. Rice Krispies don't specify the kind of rice and also has additives. You can make your own puffed rice cereal - there are recipes online. I know that you didn't ask about the puffed part but that's the only kind of rice cereal I can find short of cream of rice - which is a hot cereal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals