Aspirin kills libido

serling78

How's vasodilation? Do you have prominent veins or barely any if at all? Do you get good pumps from working out? Do you deal with shrinkage often? Do you often deal with cold extremities?

Do you deal with muscle tension?

Pretty veiny in my arms especially. I can easily get a pump when using D3 And/or magnesium (also using kuinone currently) , but those are two serious libido killers. Without those I can barely even get a pump. I'm thin boned genetically, not much natural mass or fat. Diet and extra cals don't do it for me as far as putting on noticeable muscle mass. Lowering estrogen is really the only method I have found to get noticeable workout results.

As a result I've been stuck in a love hate relationship with D3 and magnesium for a while. For reasons even beyond working out like mood, energy, better sleep, reducing anxiety . Basically anything "good for my body" seems to be bad for my libido. I've also tried many other cofactors like A, zinc, B vitamins, K2, etc... Too many to list. Most of those things come with their own libido issues so adding them to an already bad libido situation is just worsening the situation. Many things hurt my libido, such as caffeine. I also avoid that.

As far as shrinkage, magnesium definitely accomplishes that.

redsun

Pretty veiny in my arms especially. I can easily get a pump when using D3 And/or magnesium (also using kuinone currently) , but those are two serious libido killers. Without those I can barely even get a pump. I'm thin boned genetically, not much natural mass or fat. Diet and extra cals don't do it for me as far as putting on noticeable muscle mass. Lowering estrogen is really the only method I have found to get noticeable workout results.

As a result I've been stuck in a love hate relationship with D3 and magnesium for a while. For reasons even beyond working out like mood, energy, better sleep, reducing anxiety . Basically anything "good for my body" seems to be bad for my libido. I've also tried many other cofactors like A, zinc, B vitamins, K2, etc... Too many to list. Most of those things come with their own libido issues so adding them to an already bad libido situation is just worsening the situation. Many things hurt my libido, such as caffeine. I also avoid that.

As far as shrinkage, magnesium definitely accomplishes that.
Kuinone is K2 correct? This is not good for calcium levels. Vitamin D isnt bad for calcium but if you have low libido, it is the worst thing to take as it upregulates tryptophan hydroxylase which is the rate-limiting step in serotonin synthesis. Mg and vitamin D increase your ability to get a pump because they directly or indirectly increase parasympathetic activity which is good but they do other things which give their anti-libido effects.

Glutamate/NMDA activity are important as they are responsible for release of gonadotropins like LH which signals testosterone production. Histamine amplifies glutamate and NMDA neurotransmission and increases nitric oxide levels. Dopamine is necessary for libido in the brain. Acetylcholine helps counteract the anti-libido effects of stress and also is necessary for nitric oxide to work properly.

Higher serotonin from something like vitamin D will block glutamate, histamine, and dopamine activity. This is why I say this is one of the worst things for libido. Anything that increases serotonin activity will worsen it almost always.

Magnesium and Zinc block NMDA, but zinc also upregulates muscarinic receptor activity which may block glutamate action even further as well as dopamine as these receptors for the most part inhibit them. Zinc also reduces GABA-A activity and for those with stress related loss of libido, it can further worsen it. Vit. A in higher doses lowers acetylcholine synthesis.

Ach is tricky, as the muscarinic receptors are not helpful but the nicotinic receptors are quite helpful as they increase glutamate and dopamine release. I would recommend 700mg-1g of choline daily from food + supplements like sunflower lecithin. This will help a lot overall with increasing vasodilation and reducing excess norepinephrine which is vasoconstrictive and reduces libido and sexual function. Without zinc, the muscarinic receptors should not be as sensitive and increased nicotinic receptor activity should overall be beneficial for you by increasing glutamate and dopamine activity.

I am sure you have used B2 in the past. But considering now because it would be a good idea to take some for a little bit to lower serotonin caused by vitamin D3 supplements. This should amplify the activity of the neurotransmitters I discussed earlier.

You mention supplementing a lot of vitamins and yes, oftentimes they will not actually work. Likely what you need more of is mineral rich and protein rich foods which will supply amino acids which are necessary to agonize glutamate and NMDA activity in the brain, as well as histidine rich proteins (red meat, meat in general) which helps raise brain histamine which further amplifies glutamate activity and indirectly raises dopamine activity as well.

I don't know your copper consumption history but if its low this may lead to higher serotonin levels as well. Though I would not recommend liver to get more because of the vitamin A blocking Ach synthesis. If caffeine hurts libido that means probably, at least partly, your libido is heavily sensitive to stress because your norepinephrine is already elevated. This explains lack of pump unless you take supplements like D and Mg that reduce norepinephrine indirectly but they worsen libido because they worsen glutamate activity and/or raise serotonin.

If sodium intake is low, this will also contribute to higher basal norepinephrine levels. Adequate sodium is fundamental and may help a lot as it will also increase cholinergic activity and clear more serotonin out of synapses via SERT. 4-7g a day should be obtained daily, if you are not getting this much it may be contributing to your issue.

Vitamin C supplementation (250-500mg daily is good) as well as garlic, and pomegranate juice can all help raise nitric oxide levels.

In someone with chronically poor libido problems, the kind of diet I would recommend is one where the primary protein is unprocessed animal meat like beef, pork, chicken. Any land animal works really, like bison, elk, etc. They should eat as much as possible with a few servings of protein from eggs and dairy. We would prioritize red meat a little more for the higher iron and mineral content. Then clean starches that you can tolerate as they also provide a lot of glucose and some minerals and vitamins, especially minerals that animal protein lacks. Folate is an issue and starches provide some as well as some fruits. Eggs contribute to folare intake as well as well as being a major source of cholesterol and choline. Fruits, especially tropical fruits, for copper and manganese (manganese increases glutamate activity), vitamin C. Pineapple has a lot of manganese as well as some C and copper, it may be worth getting more of it to increase glutamate activity. It will likely have a positive effect on libido.

Feel free to implement any of these tidbits of advice I have given. Hopefully this helps and over time your libido should improve and also become less sensitive to being shut down. This issue is also connected to poor ability to add on muscle mass.

Also, sarcosine is another good option to try. It increases NMDA activity

@aniciete

Last edited:

serling78

Kuinone is K2 correct? This is not good for calcium levels. Vitamin D isnt bad for calcium but if you have low libido, it is the worst thing to take as it upregulates tryptophan hydroxylase which is the rate-limiting step in serotonin synthesis. Mg and vitamin D increase your ability to get a pump because they directly or indirectly increase parasympathetic activity which is good but they do other things which give their anti-libido effects.

Glutamate/NMDA activity are important as they are responsible for release of gonadotropins like LH which signals testosterone production. Histamine amplifies glutamate and NMDA neurotransmission and increases nitric oxide levels. Dopamine is necessary for libido in the brain. Acetylcholine helps counteract the anti-libido effects of stress and also is necessary for nitric oxide to work properly.

Higher serotonin from something like vitamin D will block glutamate, histamine, and dopamine activity. This is why I say this is one of the worst things for libido. Anything that increases serotonin activity will worsen it almost always.

Magnesium and Zinc block NMDA, but zinc also upregulates muscarinic receptor activity which may block glutamate action even further as well as dopamine as these receptors for the most part inhibit them. Zinc also reduces GABA-A activity and for those with stress related loss of libido, it can further worsen it. Vit. A in higher doses lowers acetylcholine synthesis.

Ach is tricky, as the muscarinic receptors are not helpful but the nicotinic receptors are quite helpful as they increase glutamate and dopamine release. I would recommend 700mg-1g of choline daily from food + supplements like sunflower lecithin. This will help a lot overall with increasing vasodilation and reducing excess norepinephrine which is vasoconstrictive and reduces libido and sexual function. Without zinc, the muscarinic receptors should not be as sensitive and increased nicotinic receptor activity should overall be beneficial for you by increasing glutamate and dopamine activity.

I am sure you have used B2 in the past. But considering now because it would be a good idea to take some for a little bit to lower serotonin caused by vitamin D3 supplements. This should amplify the activity of the neurotransmitters I discussed earlier.

You mention supplementing a lot of vitamins and yes, oftentimes they will not actually work. Likely what you need more of is mineral rich and protein rich foods which will supply amino acids which are necessary to agonize glutamate and NMDA activity in the brain, as well as histidine rich proteins (red meat, meat in general) which helps raise brain histamine which further amplifies glutamate activity and indirectly raises dopamine activity as well.

I don't know your copper consumption history but if its low this may lead to higher serotonin levels as well. Though I would not recommend liver to get more because of the vitamin A blocking Ach synthesis. If caffeine hurts libido that means probably, at least partly, your libido is heavily sensitive to stress because your norepinephrine is already elevated. This explains lack of pump unless you take supplements like D and Mg that reduce norepinephrine indirectly but they worsen libido because they worsen glutamate activity and/or raise serotonin.

If sodium intake is low, this will also contribute to higher basal norepinephrine levels. Adequate sodium is fundamental and may help a lot as it will also increase cholinergic activity and clear more serotonin out of synapses via SERT. 4-7g a day should be obtained daily, if you are not getting this much it may be contributing to your issue.

Vitamin C supplementation (250-500mg daily is good) as well as garlic, and pomegranate juice can all help raise nitric oxide levels.

In someone with chronically poor libido problems, the kind of diet I would recommend is one where the primary protein is unprocessed animal meat like beef, pork, chicken. Any land animal works really, like bison, elk, etc. They should eat as much as possible with a few servings of protein from eggs and dairy. We would prioritize red meat a little more for the higher iron and mineral content. Then clean starches that you can tolerate as they also provide a lot of glucose and some minerals and vitamins, especially minerals that animal protein lacks. Folate is an issue and starches provide some as well as some fruits. Eggs contribute to folare intake as well as well as being a major source of cholesterol and choline. Fruits, especially tropical fruits, for copper and manganese (manganese increases glutamate activity), vitamin C. Pineapple has a lot of manganese as well as some C and copper, it may be worth getting more of it to increase glutamate activity. It will likely have a positive effect on libido.

Feel free to implement any of these tidbits of advice I have given. Hopefully this helps and over time your libido should improve and also become less sensitive to being shut down. This issue is also connected to poor ability to add on muscle mass.

@aniciete
Great info, thanks! I'll definitely look at switching things up

Murtaza

@aniciete
Are you sure Vit D upregulates TPH? that would be surprising as its one of the most pushed 'peaty' supplement out there

Inaut

@aniciete
Bumping this post. @redsun you do good work

blackface

Can confirm that after few days of using a one pill of aspirin (500 mg ) a day is leading to a lowered libido. For me its definitely caused by lowered estrogen. I have crashed my estrogen with an AI so I know how it feels. So any kind of supplement that is aimed at lowering estrogen will kill libido for me. Vitamin E, Vitamin K etc. So If you have a low libido and joint pain I would suggest to stop taking aspirin.

Thanks to boron I can bring my estrogen and libido back to normal levels within few days.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals