Strange case on aspirin

Hi forum,

I wanted to share my latest experience with aspirin, which definetely has been very surprising to me, and has left me with a lot of questions.

I have been trying to solve some "symptoms" of mine with aspirin (mostly trying to antagonize serotonin), and I have come up to taking up to 10g of it yesterday. I have never done such a thing before, not even close.

But I did it because I have been taking previously to that approximately 3g doses for some days, with no ill effects, but no sufficient improvement either.

What intrigues me most is that I have never felt the blood thinning effect that I suppossedly should have had with those doses. I mean, the bad effect at such doses. And I don't take Vit. K supplements.

In fact, yesterday afternoon, when I had already taken about 8g I had one of my best workouts ever. I felt an easiness to breathe and "get the oxygen" to the cells, like a kind of effective breathing that I usually not feel, but the opposite. In fact, I felt as if my body had gone more alkaline. I usually feel acidic. These are my sensations.

As I said, these are my thoughts, but I share this to get from you guys some feedback. This is strange to me and I want to avoid both overdosing something, and not doing what is good for me even if - generally - it is not recommended.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi forum,

I wanted to share my latest experience with aspirin, which definetely has been very surprising to me, and has left me with a lot of questions.

I have been trying to solve some "symptoms" of mine with aspirin (mostly trying to antagonize serotonin), and I have come up to taking up to 10g of it yesterday. I have never done such a thing before, not even close.

But I did it because I have been taking previously to that approximately 3g dosages for some days, with no ill effects, but no sufficient improvement either.

What intrigues me most is that I have never felt the blood thinning effect that I suppossedly should have had with those doses. I mean, the bad effect at such doses. And I don't take Vit. K supplements.

In fact, yesterday afternoon, when I had already taken about 8g I had one of my best workouts ever. I felt an easiness to breathe and "get the oxygen" to the cells, like a kind of effective breathing that I usually not feel, but the opposite. In fact I felt as if my body had gone more alkaline. I usually feel acidic. These are my sensations.

As I said, these are my thoughts, but I share this to get from you guys some feedback. This is strange to me and I want to avoid both overdosing something, and not doing what is good for me even if - generally - it is not recommended.

Thank you.

You lost me at workout.

OP
Guille Yacante
You lost me at workout.
At that moment I started to feel really well. I had a lot of energy and I could do my strength training easily and enjoying it a lot. The only thing that I have been taking was aspirin, so I know it has been due to the large dose of it.

I didn't say it, but after the late afternoon workout, and then having taken the total of 10 grams, I started getting this high pitched, very mild-constant sound in my head. Tinnitus-like, that I've never had before. The next morning it faded.

I am intrigued because at such doses I don't get any severe blood thinning effects. But I had to get very close to the 10g per day to notice the effect I was looking for. It was short-lived though.

OP
Guille Yacante
I would be careful with super high doses of aspirin, you may end up with salicylate poisoning: Salicylate poisoning - Wikipedia. Respiratory alkalosis is one of the early symptoms.
Thank you. Things like that are what I want to bear in mind.

Plus I know, large doses can have a cumulative effect over time due to the nature of aspirin.

At that moment I started to feel really well. I had a lot of energy and I could do my strength training easily and enjoying it a lot. The only thing that I have been taking was aspirin, so I know it has been due to the large dose of it.

I didn't say it, but after the late afternoon workout, and then having taken the total of 10 grams, I started getting this high pitched, very mild-constant sound in my head. Tinnitus-like, that I've never had before. The next morning it faded.

I am intrigued because at such doses I don't get any severe blood thinning effect. But I had to get very close to the 10g per day to notice the effect I was looking for. It was short-lived though.
I have read more than once, on this forum, of people feeling good taking high doses of aspirin and knowing they pushed the dose too far with tinnitus showing up, and so they cut back until it's gone, and stay at that dose.

Last edited:
OP
Guille Yacante
@Rinse & rePeat thank you very much. So I will carefully go adjusting the dosage, knowing that I should not get close to the 10g per day one.

So far today I took 6g and I am feeling fine (and it still needs to kick in). I'll keep the post updated so that it can help any user in the future.

@Rinse & rePeat thank you very much. So I will carefully go adjusting the dosage, knowing that I should not get close to the 10g per day one.

So far today I took 6g and I am feeling fine (and it still needs to kick in). I'll keep the post updated so that it can help any user in the future.

It sound like a case of too much of a good thing!

OP
Guille Yacante
Ok, but what is the goal of such doses. I'm taking 500 mg every few days.
My goal is to get myself out of the rigid emotional state I am usually in.

Today I started taking sodium bicarbonate and left the aspirin a little behind (though I took 2g).

Having taken today about 40g of baking soda I don't believe I have got too much of a relief from the symptoms. I post this to see if I get some helpful feedback along the way. Any piece of information would be appreciated.

HighT

My goal is to get myself out of the rigid emotional state I am usually in.

Today I started taking sodium bicarbonate and left the aspirin a little behind (though I took 2g).

Having taken today about 40g of baking soda I don't believe I have got too much of a relief from the symptoms. I post this to see if I get some helpful feedback along the way. Any piece of information would be appreciated.
Is this all you are trying? Aspirin is good but taking grams regulary could cause ucler. It's an acid after all, although one could take 3-5g but only once i a while.

OP
Guille Yacante
Is this all you are trying? Aspirin is good but taking grams regulary could cause ucler. It's an acid after all, although one could take 3-5g but only once i a while.
I've been trying lots of things, but no one ever seems to be enough.

I have started thinking that it could be a problem rooted in the core of any organism: the mitochondria. Energy production. Because I have been centered for years on the neurochemical aspect, but it has'nt been enough either.

That is why yesterday night I decided to start taking methylene blue as well. For now 20mg per day.

Ray Peat addressed the ulcer possibility saying to dissolve the aspirin in water.

GreenTrails

Hi forum,

But I did it because I have been taking previously to that approximately 3g doses for some days, with no ill effects, but no sufficient improvement either.

In fact, yesterday afternoon, when I had already taken about 8g I had one of my best workouts ever. I felt an easiness to breathe and "get the oxygen" to the cells, like a kind of effective breathing that I usually not feel, but the opposite. In fact, I felt as if my body had gone more alkaline. I usually feel acidic. These are my sensations.

Thank you.
Thanks for sharing. This is interesting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals