Aspirin kills libido

jomamma007

Why is that?

I thought aspirin did the opposite.
Libido is tough.

Sometimes it can be kept up by stress hormones. I think this is also why progesterone can raise or lower libido depending upon the individual.

Aspirin though, can lower estrogen and cortisol, which can be keeping up a high yet unsatisfying libido.

dabdabdab

you need to increase Dopaminergic Substances in your diet to counteract the loss of libido

AnonE

Have never noticed this with Aspirin... if anything I get the opposite effect. I don't take it too regularly, but it's always been a positive experience when I do. Odd.

Anyone have studies on this topic?

Kykeon

libido is a weak measurement, i would look more for sexual saturation and how much pleasure you derive from an orgasm.

dand

I think it can increase nutrient requirements because it is's metabolically demanding effects. So, try increasing highly nutrient dense foods like eggs, shellfish and liver.

dand

I think nothing specific and everything general. Zinc, mag, b vitamins , copper etc

AnonE

After thinking some more about the topic, here's a hypothesis:

Aspirin might kill your libido if you were running off of stress hormones for energy - cortisol, estrogen, etc. Aspirin opposes these IIRC. But the other 'healthy' energy and libido sources (DHT, thyroid, etc) would have already been depressed while cortisol and estrogen were high.

So you take aspirin, oppose the stress hormones, and you're left without much 'energy' from any source, 'healthy' or stress-based.

Thats my theory!

Xref

I think we are becoming a meme....
Aspirin has nothing to do with your libido. wanna check? double blind yourself. cumback with results.

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

After thinking some more about the topic, here's a hypothesis:

Aspirin might kill your libido if you were running off of stress hormones for energy - cortisol, estrogen, etc. Aspirin opposes these IIRC. But the other 'healthy' energy and libido sources (DHT, thyroid, etc) would have already been depressed while cortisol and estrogen were high.

So you take aspirin, oppose the stress hormones, and you're left without much 'energy' from any source, 'healthy' or stress-based.

Thats my theory!
Makes a lot of sense tbh

How should I start running off of "better" energy, for a lack of better words, instead?

I'd like to think I've got my daily diet in check.

On average:
Very low PUFA content (<4g)
Daily recommendation of all vitamins and minerals
2:1 calcium to phosphorus
120g of protein
200g of sugar
250g of carbs

Am I missing/going wrong with anything?

AnonE

Makes a lot of sense tbh

How should I start running off of "better" energy, for a lack of better words, instead?

I'd like to think I've got my daily diet in check.

On average:
Very low PUFA content (<4g)
Daily recommendation of all vitamins and minerals
2:1 calcium to phosphorus
120g of protein
200g of sugar
250g of carbs

Am I missing/going wrong with anything?

I dont see what would be wrong with that. Throw in some aspirin, fat soluble vitamins with a bit of coconut oil or butter.

Would recommend light exercise for someone recovering their metabolism - long walks or leisurely bike rides for example. If weight lifting, I'd recommend shorter sessions (less exercises, keep the most important ones), have good rest between sets, some carbs before/during/after lol. Good luck!

serling78

Aspirin though, can lower estrogen and cortisol, which can be keeping up a high yet unsatisfying libido.

For me anything at all that lowers estrogen is a libido destroyer. Anytime I try something new without thinking too much about it and realize it's hurting my libido I do a little research and inevitably find out it lowers estrogen /inhibits aromatase.

I had a similar experience with aspirin. In addition it also caused serious facial flushing.

I have no clue how to navigate low estrogen hurting my libido because generally anything that lowers estrogen is good for me in all other ways. Have been trying to figure it out for years.

redsun

For me anything at all that lowers estrogen is a libido destroyer. Anytime I try something new without thinking too much about it and realize it's hurting my libido I do a little research and inevitably find out it lowers estrogen /inhibits aromatase.

I had a similar experience with aspirin. In addition it also caused serious facial flushing.

I have no clue how to navigate low estrogen hurting my libido because generally anything that lowers estrogen is good for me in all other ways. Have been trying to figure it out for years.
How's vasodilation? Do you have prominent veins or barely any if at all? Do you get good pumps from working out? Do you deal with shrinkage often? Do you often deal with cold extremities?

Do you deal with muscle tension?

aniciete

How's vasodilation? Do you have prominent veins or barely any if at all? Do you get good pumps from working out? Do you deal with shrinkage often? Do you often deal with cold extremities?

Do you deal with muscle tension?
What would you recommend for vasodilation, cold extremities, and shrinkage?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals