There are more drug related deaths from aspirin than any other drug on the planet.

schultz

You can go on pubmed and read old case reports of overdoses. Reading some papers from the late 1800's/early 1900's is pretty entertaining.

This one from 1936 describes some pretty crazy overdoses like a lady who took 100 325mg tablets. She didn't die though.

The same article notes 4 cases of death. 1 man, aged 72, took 150 aspirin tablets. One of his symptoms was profuse sweating, which would be incredible uncoupling probably just like DNP (which can also kill you).

One of the severe symptoms that occurs is dehydration from massive perspiration.

Usually 400-500 grains will be fatal (80 to 100 325mg tablets). Here is a case where someone took 1000 grains and survived. She also drank a half bottle of whiskey lol. Of course it was Britain in 1942 and the paper describes her as being depressed from the war.

If you read a paper like this one ( Use of salicylates in rheumatic fever; mixture of aspirin and vitamin K unwarranted - PubMed ) you sort of get the picture of how much aspirin was deemed acceptable back then.

"It is my belief that the present evidence shows that while salicylates do cause a slight prolongation of the prothrombin time, this is not clinically significant in doses up to 150 grains (10Gm.) daily and hence the routine addition of vitamin K to aspirin is unwarranted."

Of course now we know that aspirin actually depletes vitamin K, and vitamin K has more function than just clotting. But I don't think anyone on the forum takes 10 grams daily, which was not unheard of 100 years ago.

Perry Staltic

I didn't phrase my question right. I was referring to that time when the Spanish Flu was rampant. Was aspirin pretty much the game in town then?

Yes. It was the new wonder drug. They didn't understand its potential toxicity until the 1950s

yerrag

Yes. It was the new wonder drug. They didn't understand its potential toxicity until the 1950s
We learned a lot from its having killed a lot of people, from misuse. After a hundred years of learning about it - the good and the bad - it is at worst a devil we know, but more importantly, it is not the latest but maybe the greatest.

Very cost-effective. Won't impoverish us. And affordable you don't need to have a health insurance plan.

Bayer would disown it as much as Merck would disown Ivermectin. As it is, as expected, doing - being against its use against COVID-19.

Bayer's aspirin, if you check its contents, contains many excipients. I have no doubt they plain forgot to remove them.

Perry Staltic

Interesting experiments done during the 1918 flu, described in a recent post, provide evidence that a lot of the morbidity/mortality was due to aspirin abuse, and not a virus, because they tried to infect a bunch of volunteers, and couldn't. IMO similar misconceptions are happening today with covid.

“We entered the outbreak with a notion that we knew the cause of the disease, and were quite sure we knew how it was transmitted from person to person. Perhaps, if we have learned anything, it is that we are not quite sure what we know about the disease.”

theloge

Appreciate going out of your way for this. It's hard to make time stamps, I know. I get caught up listening, and often I'm driving, so there's no way to know at times the time.
It's actually pretty easy if the video has a transcript. If you are on a computer, click on the 3 dots under the video and open the transcript if it has it. Then ctrl + f and search for a keyword you are trying to find

Razvan

If you go in a pharmacy and you will tell that you feel sick and have a headache they will give you new generation stuff and will never even pronounce aspirin even tho it's much cheaper. This speaks for itself.
My grandma has 85 years old and still takes one aspirin when she drinks coffee and speaks much clearer and faster than a lot of young people. She has amazing memory. She ate all her life dairy products as she had a cow farm.
Calcium to phosphate ratio nailed it,she has longer hair then my gf lol

Perry Staltic

It's actually pretty easy if the video has a transcript. If you are on a computer, click on the 3 dots under the video and open the transcript if it has it. Then ctrl + f and search for a keyword you are trying to find

I didn't know that. Thx.

73:15

Monsanto just sold themselves to bayer

73:17

largest pharmaceutical company in the

73:19

world Bayer's got a little bit of a

73:21

riddled past Bayer actually came out

73:23

with the first patents for heroin in the

73:25

early nineteen hundred's right Bayer

73:27

created aspirin which was arguably the

73:29

most damaging there's been more deaths

73:30

from medical deaths from aspirin than

73:33

probably any other drug on the plan is

73:34

that true yeah

schultz

I think they had at least some understanding.

This little note is entitled "Is Aspirin Dangerous?" from 1918

He mentions edema, rash, vertigo, nausea and cyanosis as things that too much aspirin can cause. Also mentioned is ringing in the ears.

But we definitely didn't understand aspirin until at least the 1970's (I'm not sure we understand it still really, however....) when aspirins effect on prostaglandins was discovered.

How Aspirin Works, 1971

T

TheBeard

On a Rich Roll podcast Zach Bush md stated: "There are more drug related deaths from aspirin than any other drug on the planet"

I'd be interested in what context. Aspirin has been with us since the 1800's and I thought it to be safe and non-controversial. Heck, the compound in Willow trees has been used for more than 2000 years already. And I take it every day 3 times a day.

3 times a day at what dosage?
What noticeable advantage has it brought to your life / symptoms?

OP
B

Blaze

3 times a day at what dosage?
What noticeable advantage has it brought to your life / symptoms?
1-325mg usp tablet with food 3 times a day coupled with a Jarrow K-Right formula for 1 full year now. Thought it would be smart to keep prostaglandins and inflammation low in my 60 yr old body. Maybe feeling a small improvement in overall health but not sure I can attribute it to the aspirin as I do incorporate many other strategies and did not do the aspirin regimen in isolation.

Do you think there is any risk or danger to my level of aspirin supplementation?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gustav3Y

Salicylate induced tinnitus or salicylate ototoxicity , this is a well know fact, just that a certain person never had it does not mean it can't affect the other, way too often used as an argument, I do fine on X drug so everyone else must.

T

TheBeard

1-325mg usp tablet with food 3 times a day coupled with a Jarrow K-Right formula for 1 full year now. Thought it would be smart to keep prostaglandins and inflammation low in my 60 yr old body. Maybe feeling a small improvement in overall health but not sure I can attribute it to the aspirin as I do incorporate many other strategies and did not do the aspirin regimen in isolation.

Do you think there is any risk or danger to my level of aspirin supplementation?

I'm not a fan of reducing flammation with drugs.

The inflammation process is here for a reason usually, which is to repair tissues.

Every single time I've tried curbing inflammation with drugs, my joints were in a worse place than before.

GelatinGoblin

If you count suicide, considering how long aspirin has been available, probably.
No comment from RPF on this one?
Why does it increase suicide?

LucyL

I wouldn't say it increases suicide. It's just very readily available, and most households have it, so if someone is unfortunately looking to end things, it's an easy option.

Aspirin does not increase suicidal tendencies. It is just more often used in so-called suicide attempts. As per the linked article this is all about 6-19-year-old females. Since most of the attempts in that population group are no real suicide attempts but merely cries for attention, of course these girls choose the least deadly options, e.g. taking too much aspirin instead of jumping in front of a train.

supercoolguy

Convoluted variables about Aspirin strung out over time give rise to Jack Asses like Rich Roll & Guests to have seemingly intelligent content for a podcast.
What you're really watching is HIM make money off the topic.

dannibo

On a Rich Roll podcast Zach Bush md stated: "There are more drug related deaths from aspirin than any other drug on the planet"

I'd be interested in what context. Aspirin has been with us since the 1800's and I thought it to be safe and non-controversial. Heck, the compound in Willow trees has been used for more than 2000 years already. And I take it every day 3 times a day.
Making aspirin in it's full form from bark is world apart from taking pharma isolated aspirin. There are other compounds in the bark that are beneficial, besides aspirin causes bleeds it is not a so called blood thinner as this term is a made up useless piece of lies.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals