There are more drug related deaths from aspirin than any other drug on the planet.

B

Blaze

On a Rich Roll podcast Zach Bush md stated: "There are more drug related deaths from aspirin than any other drug on the planet"

I'd be interested in what context. Aspirin has been with us since the 1800's and I thought it to be safe and non-controversial. Heck, the compound in Willow trees has been used for more than 2000 years already. And I take it every day 3 times a day.

Last edited by a moderator:

yerrag

Can you provide a link and a time stamp to that link?

OP
B

Blaze

Can you provide a link and a time stamp to that link?

Sorry, no time stamp but quote was---- There are more drug related deaths from aspirin than any other drug on the planet.
Seems implausable to me.................

Perry Staltic

I'd have to see the research to believe that. It's certainly possible though. I think aspirin poisoning was responsible for a great deal of mortality during the 1918 Spanish flu.

yerrag

I'd have to see the research to believe that. It's certainly possible though. I think aspirin poisoning was responsible for a great deal of mortality during the 1918 Spanish flu.
What did Zach Bush say in the video? Or did you even watch it?

yerrag

1:13:25 he says it
Appreciate going out of your way for this. It's hard to make time stamps, I know. I get caught up listening, and often I'm driving, so there's no way to know at times the time.

Jem Oz

In the early 20th century doctors prescribed monumentally high doses, on advice from Bayer. There’s an interesting theory that aspirin toxicity was a player in the “Spanish flu”.

yerrag

In the early 20th century doctors prescribed monumentally high doses, on advice from Bayer. There’s an interesting theory that aspirin toxicity was a player in the “Spanish flu”.
Counting the Spanish flu deaths in would have a big effect on Aspirin-related deaths for sure. And did aspirin have many competitors? Or was it pretty much the player in the game? I think that Zach Bush was pointing the finger at Bayer the company rather than aspirin the product, and if Bayer did as you say recommended overdosage of aspirin, it doesn't say as much about aspirin as much as it says about Bayer. On that basis alone, water could also be the most dangerous substance on earth for contributing to drowning of so many people during Noah's time, with Noah being the male left to repopulate the earth with humans.

Bible scholars would speak to God's wrath rather than water's toxicity.

Jem Oz

Counting the Spanish flu deaths in would have a big effect on Aspirin-related deaths for sure. And did aspirin have many competitors? Or was it pretty much the player in the game? I think that Zach Bush was pointing the finger at Bayer the company rather than aspirin the product, and if Bayer did as you say recommended overdosage of aspirin, it doesn't say as much about aspirin as much as it says about Bayer. On that basis alone, water could also be the most dangerous substance on earth for contributing to drowning of so many people during Noah's time, with Noah being the male left to repopulate the earth with humans.

Bible scholars would speak to God's wrath rather than water's toxicity.
No arguments here. I'm a huge fan of aspirin.

yerrag

OP
B

Blaze

I wish that Zach Bush had expounded more on the reasons behind his aspirin remark instead of leaving it up to conjecture by us here. I find him to be very intelligent and science based but some of his conclusions make me doubt his perceptions. Certainly interesting to listen too ......... but loses some trust with me on things like his ion gut restore product. Dissolved prehistoric stone/minerals (Terrahydrite) which makes me remember the whole scam fulvic acid dissolved minerals thing that was a fad for a while. Ray has always transitioned adeptly from his theory and science into a practical application of his principles you can easily implement to improve your health. Zach has a lot of interesting theory and conjecture but I keep waiting for him to suggest more of a practical course of action based on his science like Ray does.

LucyL

If you count suicide, considering how long aspirin has been available, probably.

Perry Staltic

Counting the Spanish flu deaths in would have a big effect on Aspirin-related deaths for sure. And did aspirin have many competitors? Or was it pretty much the player in the game?

Bayer's patent expired the year before the flu, which allowed everyone else to flood the market with cheaper generic. That was one reason for its widespread use.

yerrag

Bayer's patent expired the year before the flu, which allowed everyone else to flood the market with cheaper generic. That was one reason for its widespread use.
Thanks. Does thst still mean that aspirin as a generic drug is pretty much the only drug out there in use against the flu?

Perry Staltic

Thanks. Does thst still mean that aspirin as a generic drug is pretty much the only drug out there in use against the flu?

I really don't know what pharma drugs are effecrtive against flu, but after this covid thing it wouldn't surprise me if ivermectin is effective.

yerrag

I really don't know what pharma drugs are effecrtive against flu, but after this covid thing it wouldn't surprise me if ivermectin is effective.
I didn't phrase my question right. I was referring to that time when the Spanish Flu was rampant. Was aspirin pretty much the game in town then?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals