Never-Ending Diarrhea And Nothing Works

Adrenaline

I chronically have diarrhea. High-dose zinc and aspirin stops it. But when I don't use them it comes back quickly. No matter what I do, what I eat I always have diarrhea.

Lastly I tried activated charcoal. Just the opposite, it aggravated really really bad.

I don't want to get addicted to a blood-thinner or an antibiotic. What can I do?

What do you eat,i would like to know if there is something to promote it.
2-3 fine cut garlic clover with each meal has desinfecting properties on the consumed foodstuff and GI tract.

Goat-e

Betaine HCL and Digestive Enzymes together - so many problems in the gut stem from lack of stomach acidy, and if this step is off then the rest of the digestive process won't work properly. If this does make a difference you can then start to narrow down why you have low stomach acidity. H.Pylori is one (antibiotics, natural or otherwise), too low histamine is another (stomach acid is mainly produced when histamine activates the h2 receptor) in which case supplementing l-histidine can restore this. Psyllium husk can work just to cover symptoms which can give you some relief (important to get a break sometimes) but is unlikely to cure anything.

thomas00

have you had a comprehensive stool analysis to see if you diarrhea is infectious in nature?

like others have said, a trial of antibiotics seems like a good idea

if it isn't caused by an infection then cyproheptadine, amitriptyline and mirtazapine can all be of some use

Saccharomyces Boulardii works like nothing else.

You can buy it from the drugstore as Florastor but it is cheap buying it off Amazon.

It works within one or two doses.

I won't repeat myself except that S. Boulardii goes everywhere with me when I travel. Diarrhea is never a problem anymore. We have used it, the whole family at various times, and we kept our dog alive with it because otherwise her diarrhea was just terrible.

BTW, Dr. Peat has talked about a girl in hospital next to death due to diarrhea and some B6 fixed it within a few hours. Just saying, not that this will work in your case, but who knows.

When I tried minocycline for some loose bowel movements, there was a great improvement after the first day, and I only took 50mg (versus the 200mg some people need to take for something more serious). The next day it was basically gone after another dose. However diarrhea can be caused by different things, and maybe there is something in your diet (e.g., I reacted badly to regular lactose milk when I would drink it).

Inaut

Cyproheptadibe saved my **** literally the last time I had a bout of severe diarrhea

L

Lord Cola

Eating daily carrot salad, avoiding unripe fruit, and avoiding things that feed gut bacteria work for me.

Saccharomyces Boulardii works like nothing else.

You can buy it from the drugstore as Florastor but it is cheap buying it off Amazon.

It works within one or two doses.

+1 for Saccharomyces Boulardii

RWilly

Did you have your gallbladder removed?

You might see if reducing fat intake helps, or having just very small amounts at a time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals