Aspirin Causing Headaches?

Ms.Orchid

I've started to take an aspirin (325) in the evening before sleep (along with my glycine, magnesium, and relora), and find that while I'm able to sleep a little bit longer, I'm waking with a headache that lasts throughout the day.
Any thoughts on why this might be?
Thanks!

Luann

aspirin coincides with my headaches too although there can be other factors at the time. So I haven't been using it lately.

OP
Ms.Orchid

Ms.Orchid

Without sufficient glucose I get one as well.

I wonder if that's it....
I take my evening pills with a small glass of OJ, which I started to do because of sleep maintenance insomnia.
But perhaps it's not enough, when adding in the aspirin.

aspirin coincides with my headaches too although there can be other factors at the time. So I haven't been using it lately.
Interesting! I'm wondering about other factors contributing, as well . . . I sure would like to be able to continue with the aspirin, especially with all it's supposed to do for a person.

meatbag

I wonder if that's it....
I take my evening pills with a small glass of OJ, which I started to do because of sleep maintenance insomnia.
But perhaps it's not enough, when adding in the aspirin.

Interesting! I'm wondering about other factors contributing, as well . . . I sure would like to be able to continue with the aspirin, especially with all it's supposed to do for a person.

I think the best way to take aspirin that I've heard about if you're using the pill is to dissolve them in warm water and then let the excipients settle and then pour off the water and add a small amount of baking soda. The buffered form is a lot safer according to what I've read and that's been my experience also.

I've read you should use about 1 mg vitamin k2 per 325mg aspirin

Luann

I think the best way to take aspirin that I've heard about if you're using the pill is to dissolve them in warm water and then let the excipients settle and then pour off the water and add a small amount of baking soda. The buffered form is a lot safer according to what I've read and that's been my experience also.

I've read you should use about 1 mg vitamin k2 per 325mg aspirin

and K2 comes in doses of 1 - 600 mcg. I realized recently how much I've underdosed!

ms.orchid, niacinamide replaces aspirin in my routine.

OP
Ms.Orchid

Ms.Orchid

@meatbag Thank you for the tip about K2. . . I've only recently started taking some with my D3, but not nearly enough it appears.
I'll try the warm water with the aspirin, too, and see if that makes a difference.

@Liubo Interesting! I've got niacinamide in my B-complex, so maybe I don't need the aspirin as much as I was inclined to think.

OP
Ms.Orchid

Ms.Orchid

I just wanted to give an update. . .
I started taking the aspirin in the morning, and it's made a huge difference. . . no more headache! This is also when I take my K2, so maybe taking them together is what has helped.

burtlancast

Had the same headache effect.

Explanation is aspirin stimulates insulin secretion, which lowers glucose, causing headaches.

Salicylates Increase Insulin Secretion in Healthy Obese Subjects

"The administration of a salicylate compound led to lowering of serum glucose concentration. We suggest that this effect was mediated through increased insulin secretion induced by salicylate directly on the β-cell."

T

TheBeard

Had the same headache effect.

Explanation is aspirin stimulates insulin secretion, which lowers glucose, causing headaches.

Salicylates Increase Insulin Secretion in Healthy Obese Subjects

"The administration of a salicylate compound led to lowering of serum glucose concentration. We suggest that this effect was mediated through increased insulin secretion induced by salicylate directly on the β-cell."

Or:

"The primary risk of aspirin, as with other NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) is the risk of internal bleeding, in particular from bleeding ulcers. NSAIDs work by inhibiting hormones known as prostaglandins. Inflammatory prostaglandins are released when the body is injured to dilate blood vessels in the area to increase oxygen and nutrients to aid in healing. Excess dilation of the blood vessels though leads to leakage from the blood vessels, which cause the swelling and pain. So NSAIDs like aspirin work by constricting blood vessels to prevent blood vessel leakage. This is also part of the reason NSAIDs can increase the risk of heart attack and stroke, as well as lead to kidney failure, liver failure, tinnitus, loss of vision, etc.

Peptic ulcers from the use of NSAIDs result from the inhibition of another prostaglandin needed for the production of the stomach's protective lining. Without this protective lining stomach acid attacks the stomach wall leading to ulceration. When bleeding starts the anti-clotting effects of the aspirin increases the risk of death from internal bleeding.

It is estimated that NSAIDs kill an average of 16,500 people a year, with aspirin accounting for about 5,000 of these. This does not include the non-fatal injuries such as chemical induced hepatitis and kidney failure. Examples of other NSAIDs include ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, Nuprin), celecoxib (Celebrex), and naprosyn (Aleve)."

Curezone

burtlancast

Or:

"The primary risk of aspirin, as with other NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) is the risk of internal bleeding, in particular from bleeding ulcers. NSAIDs work by inhibiting hormones known as prostaglandins. Inflammatory prostaglandins are released when the body is injured to dilate blood vessels in the area to increase oxygen and nutrients to aid in healing. Excess dilation of the blood vessels though leads to leakage from the blood vessels, which cause the swelling and pain. So NSAIDs like aspirin work by constricting blood vessels to prevent blood vessel leakage. This is also part of the reason NSAIDs can increase the risk of heart attack and stroke, as well as lead to kidney failure, liver failure, tinnitus, loss of vision, etc.

Peptic ulcers from the use of NSAIDs result from the inhibition of another prostaglandin needed for the production of the stomach's protective lining. Without this protective lining stomach acid attacks the stomach wall leading to ulceration. When bleeding starts the anti-clotting effects of the aspirin increases the risk of death from internal bleeding.

It is estimated that NSAIDs kill an average of 16,500 people a year, with aspirin accounting for about 5,000 of these. This does not include the non-fatal injuries such as chemical induced hepatitis and kidney failure. Examples of other NSAIDs include ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, Nuprin), celecoxib (Celebrex), and naprosyn (Aleve)."

Curezone

The headache problem isn't addressed.

Also the whole text is without a single reference, as it exists only on that forum.

Luann

Hadn't heard about that! Well, seems like that wasn't the only study to elevate MK7 over 4, and no one is making the case that 4 is actually better than 7. I'll look into it but gonna stick with what I have. Thanks :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals