Forum Supporter
I don't see how bottling it would make it safe to drink :mrgreen:

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Such_Saturation said:
I don't see how bottling it would make it safe to drink :mrgreen:

I concur, most bottled water sold in stores is just tap water. However, this also makes me think if spring water is safe as well, given the arsenic contamination of the soil pretty much everywhere. Maybe coffee and OJ is the way to go. I don't drink much water myself anyways.

Indeed who would we identify as "controls" in the population? Arsenic seems a pretty natural toxin.

SonOfEurope

What about arsenic in white rice? I always wash it like 10 times but which is safest by measures.

Michael Mohn

What about arsenic in white rice? I always wash it like 10 times but which is safest by measures.
Preboiling for a few minutes reduces arsenic up to 75% in rice.

cs3000

Preboiling for a few minutes reduces arsenic up to 75% in rice.

gonna start doing this ty https://pcrwr.gov.pk/wp-content/upl...removal-whilepreserving-nutrient-elements.pdf

what are some ways to eliminate elevated arsenic in the body?

selenium looks like 1 Acute Arsenic Poisoning. Help <- this guy in the post link says the selenomethionine form

In general, recent reports show that Se, regardless of its form (as selenite, selenomethionine, nanoSe, or Se from lentils), can reduce As- or Cd-mediated toxicity in the liver, kidney, spleen, brain, or heart in animal models and in cell culture studies.

The findings of recent papers support the notion that the major mechanisms of Se protection against AsIII and Cd include (1) cleansing tissues and cells from As and Cd accumulation (possibly via excretion of As–Se and Cd–Se compounds and/or increasing As methylation capacity) and (2) upregulation of antioxidant selenoprotein synthesis (summarized in Fig. 3). Furthermore, as shown in the literature, stimulation of the Nrf2 pathway may be an additional mechanism through which Se can decrease AsIII and Cd toxicity. Chronic or high-dose exposure to AsIII or Cd may cause suppression of the Nrf2 pathway and decrease the capacity of cells to counteract the damaging effects induced by these elements. In contrast, transient activation of the Nrf2 pathway by dietary levels of Se upregulated the expression of a considerable group of antioxidant and detoxifying enzymes and proteins such as GST, HO-1, GCLC, SOD, or TrxR, which in the end antagonized the toxic As and Cd effect.

Selenium in the detoxification of arsenic: Mechanisms and clinical efficacy - ProQuest

Mice with sufficient selenium showed 48% less As in liver and 31% less As in brain when compared to Se deficient mice

In a 2004 human cell study, HOS cells exposed to As2O3 at 1mM for 6 weeks showed dramatically increased cell survival when treated with Semethylselenocysteine, and selenomethionine,232 with both reducing 6-week mutations by 70- 80%.

sodium selenite did not work in this phase 3 human study oddly ^ [maybe as not pure selenomethionine - maybe they act differently]

Arsenic Toxicity: What is the Biologic Fate of Arsenic in the Body? | Environmental Medicine | ATSDR.

most fresh intake is excreted within 2 days & when chronic over-exposure stops excess tends to be eliminated from the body within a few weeks or a couple months? but problem comes from continuous over-intake from water, rice etc keeping remainder not excreted going into body
Two to four weeks after exposure ceases, most of the arsenic remaining in the body is found remaining in keratin-rich tissues such as hair,nails,skin,

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVS5Q3E_Zxg
by this maybe 0.1mg - 0.15mg/kg arsenic in average white rice 100g rice serving 10mcg - 15mcg probably less when cooked, and a lot less if u do the 5 minute boil & drain protocol

recommended safe dose on low end of recommendations i found ~0.3mcg/ kg bodyweight arsenic (which might still be a bit much going by OP study). so by itself 100g rice a day not a problem. but then drinking water needs to be included. UK is maximum 10micrograms/L. Dietary exposure to total and inorganic arsenic in the United States, 2006–2008 - International Journal of Food Contamination.

selenium up required to balance

Last edited:

cs3000

The RDA set for selenium is set too low. It's set for full glutathione peroxidase expression (which is enough for that), but 76mcg which is higher is not enough for selonoprotein p expression (sepp1). and sepp1 plays a role in infection protection and brain uptake of selenium for cognition

Author of that blog post mentioned says to go for 1.9mmol/L (150mcg/L?) in plasma for countering arsenic. Looking around it takes 150mcg supplemented selenomethionine form a day to raise plasma levels of selenium 70% by 1 month, which should take most people above that level by a month or 2 (and keeps rising from there) (1 month if typical intakes ~100mcg)
https://aacrjournals.org/cebp/article/15/4/804/175891/Effects-of-Chemical-Form-of-Selenium-on-Plasma

Interesting that it only boosted selenoprotein P by the first month though, then return to baseline regardless of dose - probably because their sepp1 was already fully expressed ~5.4mg/L at start of study suggesting baseline intake of selenium >100mcg Selenoprotein P as Biomarker of Selenium Status in Clinical Trials with Therapeutic Dosages of Selenite

Conclusions: Full expression of selenoprotein P requires a greater selenium intake than does full expression of plasma glutathione peroxidase. This suggests that selenoprotein P is a better indicator of selenium nutritional status than is glutathione peroxidase and that the recommended dietary allowance of selenium, which was set with the use of glutathione peroxidase as the index of selenium status, should be revised. Selenium as selenomethionine had nearly twice the bioavailability of selenium as selenite.

"Europeans, who displayed concentration of 84.8 µg Se/L and 4.4mg SELENOP/L, respectively, in a large cross-sectional analysis of almost 2000 subjects"

| So 84.8mcg/L in plasma is not enough for full sepp1 activation , which we can see is there in the first study temporarily boosted & returned to baseline ~5.4mg - suggesting it's good there at 120mcg/L selenium seeing that body is happy to return sepp1 there even as selenium keeps rising in plasma .
& 120mcg/L is probably gained with 150mcg total daily intake. And a bit more if want further elevated for dealing with arsenic.

Last edited:

cs3000

L_C

I posted somewhere else if you live in granite areas, water will naturally contain arsenic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals