Fluoride to be added to all UK Tap Water

Jon2547

This is Darwinism. The end result will be that families with responsible mothers and fathers will not have their children drinking poisoned water. But the careless will allow their children to drink it. Ergo, the population of the careless will go down in proportion to the responsible families.

Dr. B

I was trying to get this across earlier. I think some probably do. It's possible @Mr.Bollox has found some really good brands that he's confident in, though!

I don't really trust UK producers very much, to be honest with you, but it sounds like you do and you've found some you're very willing to stick up for, I'm happy for you! It must be a bit cheaper and easier than pressing your own! Could you show us that Ray Peat quotation in context, by any chance? I don't think I've ever seen him use "..." in that way and I'm curious what his thoughts are. Yes, pulp can often be just refuse re-added, but pulp-free can also have issues. I believe Ray also has issues with excess dietary fiber so would prefer it strained anyway?

Also, I wonder this too, perhaps coconut water would be OK but taste very odd, I'm not sure how it would interact with the gelatin - it will take some experimenting. Have you ever made your own oxtail soup/bone broth before? I'm sorry if I've been totally unable to get the concept across; in most cases the water you make it in becomes the final product, it's not a case of just eating the meat afterwards. I was trying to convey to you how some people discard the meat, but I don't, I eat *both* the broth *and* the meat, but store them separately. It almost a jelly when you do it correctly and it's kept cold, you end up with a lot of the good stuff in the actual water. In my case, I will make enough of this broth to last for a little over a week at a time and have it every day (I did say it was a staple...!). I can't imagine this working with blood, and furthermore I think drinking that much animal blood would be both expensive and a good way to get too much iron in your system. I'm glad to hear you like powdered bones so much, perhaps I'll look into them if I need a good source of calcium or something.

Again, I'm in the UK - thanks for the Costco recommendation. Could I ask again why you don't think bathing in contaminated water is a problem? You said at the start of the thread that you didn't think anything would be absorbed, which would surprise me, but maybe I missed something?

Please keep us updated on the Azure brand!

any not from concentrate juices in the US have to be squeezed from the fruit. the issue with non organic juices is the pesticides, glyphosate, herbicides, the enzyme pulp issue as mentioned before. they cant add tap water, at least not legally. only juices from concentrate can have water added, and it is usually filtered in those cases, but who knows how its filtered.

the organic orange juices, not from concentrate, usually separate into a sediment that sinks to the bottom.

which Peat quote did you want exactly?

Ray was asked specifically about chlorine/fluoride in shower and bath water he said he doesnt think its an issue, that the soaps and shampoos people use are bigger issues and are endorcine disruptors.

Anything applied topically, to begin with is already much more limited in absorption. even if you rub vitamin D topically in an oil form, you only absorb like 10% compared to oral absorption. That's in an oil that's rubbed on you all day. So, shower water which is falling off you very quickly, as soon as it touches you, you'll barely get any absorption. there's no oil encouraging absorption, its not applied on you all day, etc. Oral consumption should obviously be limited as close to 0 as possible. but because its a water with chlorine/fluoride in it, youll absorb very little. If you were swimming for hours in public swimming pools with chlorine, those have much more chlorine and would be much more harmful. even with those, they would affect your skin more so than thyroid probably.

I think coconut water would go well with coffee, the bulletproof coffee even uses coconut oil iirc, so you could actually even use coconut milk/oil for coffee. bone broth will have toxins from the bones themselves unless its super high quality organic animal bones, 100% grass fed etc. and the water will have toxins. but you could just use the reverse osmosis water or some spring water or bottled purified water if really needed.

btw sorry for typos, I meant t heres quotes from Ray encouraging pulp free juices

meaning there are quotes from Ray encouraging pulp free juices, not "here's quotes from Ray"

P

Peatness

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Peatness

Government responded

This response was given on 14 October 2021

Water fluoridation is a safe and effective public health measure to improve oral health. Public consultation will be an important part of the process ahead of introducing any new schemes.

Tooth decay is a significant public health problem in England, yet it is largely preventable. Poor oral health impacts people of all ages and their carers. It can cause pain and suffering and affect an individual’s ability to function in and enjoy day to day life. It can affect children’s ability to learn, thrive and develop and in older and more vulnerable populations, poor oral health may ultimately impede their ability to nourish themselves and communicate.
It also has an economic impact. More frequent visits to the dentist means absence from school and from work for patient parents, guardians or carers and for adults themselves when they need treatment. In addition, there is an impact on the NHS. For, example, in 2019-20, 35,190 children aged 0-19 years in England were admitted to hospital for the extraction of decaying teeth, the cost of which was estimated to be £54.6 million. The vast majority will be preventable and will be diverting much needed NHS resources away from other areas.
Fluoride is naturally present throughout the natural world including in water supplies and in some foods. There are also areas of the country where levels of fluoride in drinking water are naturally at similar levels to those seen in artificial fluoridation schemes
Global research and monitoring of the effects of water fluoridation specifically in England demonstrates the benefits of this public health measure. We have known since the 1930s that access to fluoride in drinking water is associated with a reduced level of dental decay. There has been a large volume of individual studies published since this was first discovered using a wide variety of research methods. Recent reviews of this extensive scientific literature, by a number of authoritative bodies across the world, have concluded that levels of tooth decay are lower in fluoridated areas and that there is no credible scientific evidence that water fluoridation is harmful to health.
Whilst tooth decay can be prevented or minimised by adherence to a healthy diet and by regular toothbrushing and engaging with dental services, its prevalence remains higher among the most disadvantaged who may face difficulties in eating healthily. Regular toothbrushing and attendance at the dentist are also less prevalent in poorer or more disadvantaged groups.
Water fluoridation, which has both topical and systemic effects, is the only intervention to improve dental health that does not require sustained behaviour change over many years. It is therefore particularly beneficial for individuals and communities at increased risk of tooth decay, such as those from more deprived backgrounds and other vulnerable groups including those with physical or mental disability that prevent them from effectively caring for their teeth.
The benefits are clear, however it remains important that those people in areas where new schemes are proposed are effectively consulted. That is why the Health and Care Bill, which will give Secretary of State the power to directly introduce, vary or terminate water fluoridation schemes also provides that populations will continue to be consulted on any proposed new schemes.
Department of Health and Social Care

There is still time to sign the petition
  • Deadline 28 March 2022 All petitions run for 6 months

Dr. B

Government responded

This response was given on 14 October 2021

Tooth decay is a significant public health problem in England, yet it is largely preventable. Poor oral health impacts people of all ages and their carers. It can cause pain and suffering and affect an individual’s ability to function in and enjoy day to day life. It can affect children’s ability to learn, thrive and develop and in older and more vulnerable populations, poor oral health may ultimately impede their ability to nourish themselves and communicate.
It also has an economic impact. More frequent visits to the dentist means absence from school and from work for patient parents, guardians or carers and for adults themselves when they need treatment. In addition, there is an impact on the NHS. For, example, in 2019-20, 35,190 children aged 0-19 years in England were admitted to hospital for the extraction of decaying teeth, the cost of which was estimated to be £54.6 million. The vast majority will be preventable and will be diverting much needed NHS resources away from other areas.
Fluoride is naturally present throughout the natural world including in water supplies and in some foods. There are also areas of the country where levels of fluoride in drinking water are naturally at similar levels to those seen in artificial fluoridation schemes
Global research and monitoring of the effects of water fluoridation specifically in England demonstrates the benefits of this public health measure. We have known since the 1930s that access to fluoride in drinking water is associated with a reduced level of dental decay. There has been a large volume of individual studies published since this was first discovered using a wide variety of research methods. Recent reviews of this extensive scientific literature, by a number of authoritative bodies across the world, have concluded that levels of tooth decay are lower in fluoridated areas and that there is no credible scientific evidence that water fluoridation is harmful to health.
Whilst tooth decay can be prevented or minimised by adherence to a healthy diet and by regular toothbrushing and engaging with dental services, its prevalence remains higher among the most disadvantaged who may face difficulties in eating healthily. Regular toothbrushing and attendance at the dentist are also less prevalent in poorer or more disadvantaged groups.
Water fluoridation, which has both topical and systemic effects, is the only intervention to improve dental health that does not require sustained behaviour change over many years. It is therefore particularly beneficial for individuals and communities at increased risk of tooth decay, such as those from more deprived backgrounds and other vulnerable groups including those with physical or mental disability that prevent them from effectively caring for their teeth.
The benefits are clear, however it remains important that those people in areas where new schemes are proposed are effectively consulted. That is why the Health and Care Bill, which will give Secretary of State the power to directly introduce, vary or terminate water fluoridation schemes also provides that populations will continue to be consulted on any proposed new schemes.
Department of Health and Social Care

There is still time to sign the petition
  • Deadline 28 March 2022 All petitions run for 6 months
does it even matter isnt the water supply insanely toxic even without the fluoride, all the hormones and other things in it

P

Peatness

does it even matter isnt the water supply insanely toxic even without the fluoride, all the hormones and other things in it
That’s like saying we are going to die anyway why bother living. Yes, it matters. It matters a lot.

P

Peatness

Attachments

• Considerations When Buying a Water Filter fluoridealert.org.pdf
    58.8 KB · Views: 13
P

Peatness

Only a month left to sign this - please share

FitnessMike

does anyone know if we absorb much fluoride water through the skin?

P

Peatness

1646753940900.png

P

Peatness

From the article

Many are surprised to learn that unlike the pharmaceutical grade fluoride in their toothpaste, the fluoride in their water is an untreated industrial waste product, one that contains trace elements of arsenic and lead. Without the phosphate industry’s effluent, water fluoridation would be prohibitively expensive. And without fluoridation, the phosphate industry would be stuck with an expensive waste disposal problem.

The petition is still open

TheCalciumCad

I signed it but I think we know the intentions behind fluoride at this point so it will probably happen. Fluoride is likely already in our food supply anyway outside of water judging by the zombified masses, worth taking some extra Taurine which costs nothing.

P

Peatness

I signed it but I think we know the intentions behind fluoride at this point so it will probably happen. Fluoride is likely already in our food supply anyway outside of water judging by the zombified masses, worth taking some extra Taurine which costs nothing.

Thank you.

Dr. B

ORganic milk and juices and coconut water should be free of it?
Are cows given fluoride water?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals