Ari Whitten fat loss forever program question

scarlettsmum

So I've looked into Ari Whitten's Forever Fat Loss program which sort of follows some of RP teachings, such as each meal to consist of fruits/protein/veggies (roots and other metabolism supporting veg), but he also adds additional protein powder a lot. I am a bit confused by it, since he is familiar with RP work and yet he says to add a scoop of Whey/Casein/Egg/Vegan Protein Powder (such as pea). I am surprised he is recommending these since I thought the they are denatured by the drying process and the pea is simply wrong since it's a pulse. Any thoughts?

michael94

Even if its not good quality protein accompanied by nutrients ( like in milk/shanks ), it will still improve body composition beyond just satiety on lower calories. You can make powdered whey+casein+gelatin work, imo. It's still much better than having the lower protein if those were your options, especially since you won't be losing weight indefinitely.

scarlettsmum

Thanks. I just don't know anything at all about supplementing protein and thought that RP is against supplementing protein powders unless it's hydrolysed gelatine. Is this correct? I found some organic grass fed cheap whey powder but not sure whether it is ok to take or not since it may have been denatured by the drying process?

Parsifal

I would not follow what this guy has to say. Being slim means nothing compared to being healthy with a good metabolism.
Just my 2c :hattip.

scarlettsmum

I looked into different protein powders and it turns out that whey is chock full of tryptophan that converts into serotonin so that's a no no, didn't find anything favourable about casein either. I did find that RP values potato protein a lot, perhaps even the only one from all the plant proteins, since I only read unfavourable comments about all other plant proteins. Not sure what he would make of potato protein isolate as such rather than eating potatoes on their own though....
Thanks for your comments Icecreamlover and Parsifal!

michael94

Parsifal said:
post 106348 I would not follow what this guy has to say. Being slim means nothing compared to being healthy with a good metabolism.

Except being lean 1. Improves insulin sensitivity 2. is not mutually exclusive with having a healthy metabolism

Last edited by a moderator:

PeatThemAll

icecreamlover said:
Parsifal said:
post 106348 I would not follow what this guy has to say. Being slim means nothing compared to being healthy with a good metabolism.

Except being lean 1. Improves insulin sensitivity 2. is not mutually exclusive with having a healthy metabolism

I'd specify it to optimally lean for your body type / genetics. We can't be all smack in the middle of the bell-curve distribution chart. Some will do better on higher than average BMI, and some at lower. Find out what works best for *you*. The mirror isn't always right.

Parsifal

Follow your intuition and what your body tells you to do, not dogmas and social pressure :hattip.

Dutchie

I've very much been wanting to read this book,but I'm so broke and can't afford to buy it. The last couple of euros I have left,I need to spent on supplements.
I don't have a Kindle/e-Reader device or a laptop that's equipped enough to handle a conversion program sadly.

Is there by chance perhaps anyone who has a PDF version of the book and willing to share it/mail it to me?

Integral

I have this book in hard copy and also in kindle version. I bought two versions because I was still quite sick at the time and I found I needed to break things down into notes to understand them properly so I used the hard copy to highlight stuff etc. It's an interesting book for sure. He's basically saying weight gain is more complicated than just caloric overconsumption. I even agree with a lot of his dietary recommendation, I could certainly see them working great. Another interesting guy to read concerning weight loss is Jon Gabriel.

Dutchie said:
post 117244 I've very much been wanting to read this book,but I'm so broke and can't afford to buy it. The last couple of euros I have left,I need to spent on supplements.
I don't have a Kindle/e-Reader device or a laptop that's equipped enough to handle a conversion program sadly.

Is there by chance perhaps anyone who has a PDF version of the book and willing to share it/mail it to me?

I honestly think it's nothing you can't work out from reading alternative understandings of obesity/weight gain. You can read Stefan Guyenet's blog for free. Ari quotes him a lot in his book, in fact a lot of the book is kind of just based off Guyenet's ideas.

Dutchie

Integral said:
post 117252 I have this book in hard copy and also in kindle version. I bought two versions because I was still quite sick at the time and I found I needed to break things down into notes to understand them properly so I used the hard copy to highlight stuff etc. It's an interesting book for sure. He's basically saying weight gain is more complicated than just caloric overconsumption. I even agree with a lot of his dietary recommendation, I could certainly see them working great. Another interesting guy to read concerning weight loss is Jon Gabriel.

Dutchie said:
post 117244 I've very much been wanting to read this book,but I'm so broke and can't afford to buy it. The last couple of euros I have left,I need to spent on supplements.

I honestly think it's nothing you can't work out from reading alternative understandings of obesity/weight gain. You can read Stefan Guyenet's blog for free. Ari quotes him a lot in his book, in fact a lot of the book is kind of just based off Guyenet's ideas.

Thanx for the reply.
It's not necessarily weigthloss that makes me want to read this book.
Like you've mentioned,I could just browse and read all Guyenet's,Peat's etc. reading and trying to understand scientific articles like that isn't my strongsuit rigth now and it's very hard for me to focus&keep my attention to finishing reading the article.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals