Appetite

Amazoniac

Fructose powder very reliably makes me feel hungry when I should feel hungry but don't. I.e. if I haven't eaten in a while.
Don't mind DrJ. He's actually getting paid to say that.

--
It must help to increase micronutrients and adjust calories based on appetite.

- B-vitamins (2-5x the current RDA can make a lot of difference)

They're so effective in allowing you to extract energy from food (and so keep hunger up), that poor unappetizing options are fortified with them so that inanition never becomes an issue:

https://bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2458-10-746

"Because B-vitamins can stimulate appetite [15], chronic excess B-vitamins may trigger excessive energy intake, which may contribute to the different outcomes of unfortified-grains and fortified-grains. This interpretation was further supported by the finding that the per capita B-vitamin consumption was lag-correlated not only with the per capita energy consumption but also with the prevalence of obesity and diabetes. Taken together, it seems quite possible that the nationwide increased prevalence of obesity and type 2 diabetes in the US in the late half of 20th century may involve an increase in B-vitamin consumption primarily due to the implementation of mandatory grain fortification with B-vitamins."

"Before the introduction of B-vitamins fortification of grains, a high-carbohydrate dietary pattern had been known to be associated with a low prevalence of obesity and type 2 diabetes, and a low-fat, high-carbohydrate diet is the traditional recommendation for treating type 2 diabetes [16–18]."​

This has been discussed a few times before (ex.). Their increase is only an issue if the diet is poor or isn't nourishing.​

- Creatine
- Magnesium
- Bicarbonate salt before meals
- Walking uphills
- Sunlight/heat lamps

Starvation, or anything else that signals that it's of the safers to slow down and get by consuming less, will decrease appetite over time. So, people that supplement thyroid can feel a boost in appetite. If this is done with a supplement that contains T and 4 and the increased demand for nutrition isn't met, it can suppress the metabolism further over the times.

If I go just an hour or two without getting anything in me I will start to feel sick and I'll like sick when you are hungry but I still won't feel hungry and going to long makes it even harder to get food in me because of the sick feeling .. maybe after 7-8 hours I will feel a little hungry but just the tiniest bit of food will make me full and feel sick .. no foods sound appealing to me lol even if I feel abit hungry ..

Sounds like a dysbiosis. Things I have had help along those lines: Lysine, ginger, vitamin e, xylitol, zinc, sodium acetate, vinegar, turpentine. Do you have anemia? What is your oral temperature when you feel the most awake?

tara

Nothing lol I literally would never eat if my body didn't start to feel bad from lack of calories ..
What have you tried? What foods do you have available around you to consider? Do you have really tasty things in the house? Have you ever in your life had a good appetite - as a child?

How is your health? Are you very thin?
Do you have physical energy to be active?
Do you get out in the sunshine?
How is your breathing? Relaxed, nasal, diaphagmatic?
What is your oral temperature when you feel the most awake?
+1.
Keep thermometer in for at least 5 mins. And waking temp could be interesting too.

OP
J

Jing

Sounds like a dysbiosis. Things I have had help along those lines: Lysine, ginger, vitamin e, xylitol, zinc, sodium acetate, vinegar, turpentine. Do you have anemia? What is your oral temperature when you feel the most awake?
I will have to check my temperature.

tara

Have you or do you want to spell out what you are typically eating?

OP
J

Jing

Have you or do you want to spell out what you are typically eating?
I drink lots of orange juice .. I also will have two or three nurishment drinks daily .. perhaps a few sausages .. maybe some crisps ... I find them the easiest to get in me ..

OP
J

Jing

What have you tried? What foods do you have available around you to consider? Do you have really tasty things in the house? Have you ever in your life had a good appetite - as a child?

How is your health? Are you very thin?
Do you have physical energy to be active?
Do you get out in the sunshine?
How is your breathing? Relaxed, nasal, diaphagmatic?

+1.
Keep thermometer in for at least 5 mins. And waking temp could be interesting too.
Appetite has always been pretty bad. .. my health isn't that good feel ill lots of the time .. yes I am thin.. no I don't have energy I try to get sun when it's out but that's not often .. the heat does help me because I always feel cold .. breathing relaxed and through the nose .. sometimes I get breathless..

tara

the heat does help me because I always feel cold
That sounds as though your general metabolism may be running low. Possibly both a consequence and a contributing cause of poor appetite and nourishment.
Measuring body temps more accurately with a thermometer could give useful info.
I drink lots of orange juice .. I also will have two or three nurishment drinks daily .. perhaps a few sausages .. maybe some crisps ... I find them the easiest to get in me ..
What are these nourishment drinks? What do they have in them?
How long have you been on such a narrow diet? Have you ever had habits of eating a broader diet? When you choose crisps and sausages, what other foods are available that you are not eating? What kind of food did you eat grow up eating?
Could it be you have no appetite for want of appetising food? Do you have access to a range of interesting and tasty foods/recipes? Have you ever learned to cook food in appetising ways?
Do you or have you in the past ever eat meals including a variety of veges, roots, shellfish/fish/meat/dairy/eggs, maybe some herbs or spices, fruits, ...?

I might be missing altogether - this could be a red herring - but just wondering.

GorillaHead

Do you have a lot of stress or anxiety? Do you not feel awake until something stressful happens? I used to get most of my energy from adrenaline, and during that time I had a pretty low appetite. I would go without feeling hungry for the first half of my day, and during this time I would feel the most stressed.
I have this issue. What did u do to fix this and fix hunger?

I used to drink coffee black. Switching to 2 tablespoons sugar per 12 ounces coffee, as well as a multi b vitamin pill to my pot coffee was very helpful. This combination wakes me up but keeps my stress low.

A. squamosa

sounds like you need to get a handle on your mental anxiety and stress, and additionally eat literally anything that you like the thought of, make sure you chew it plenty, eat slowly and pay attention while you do it. I wouldn't even bother with Peat-style eating at this stage personally, creating an appetite seems like it needs to come first for you, and if you have an appetite for something that isn't "Peat-y" you shouldn't deny it. Start in the brain, go research recipes online, see if any pique your interest; go walking past restaurants, see if any of the smells are enticing, etc. Also, Tara always has good, practical advice, so pay attention to her!

My personal experience is that relying too much on liquids and not having enough whole foods really depressed my metabolism. Taurine and cypro both up my appetite too - although as with all supplements, you should remember that they are just supplements and cannot replace food; you also shouldn't rely on them for too long.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals