sudden loss of appetite

pro marker

this has happened 3 or 4 times before but never lasted more than 3 days. I'm on day 5 now of a decreased appetite. I've barely been eating plant foods or carbs because I cant find any ripe fruits around me. then my appetite stopped and for the last 5 days I've only eaten 1-2 liters of milk, 4-6 tablespoons of sugar (mixed in the milk), 100g of honey, a cucumber and a few bites of raw meat. that's all i feel like getting down. i usually eat 3-4000 calories. my stomach fat is disappearing really fast, I'm starting to see my abs. but I feel... good? i feel like i overate fat for so long that my body just needed a break. I just find it strange how i can drop so much fat and feel fine. anyone else do these instinctual fasts?

mrchibbs

I think that's good.

We need to listen to our bodies and if feel like eating less, then that's exactly what you should be doing.

eeeeeeeeeeee

I just find it strange how i can drop so much fat and feel fine.
Fat is there to be burned. It's healthy to have a fluctuating appetite in my opinion-- it means your hunger signals are responding to stimuli instead of being "ON ON ON" like most people.

mrchibbs

Fat is there to be burned. It's healthy to have a fluctuating appetite in my opinion-- it means your hunger signals are responding to stimuli instead of being "ON ON ON" like most people.
Definitely, I think there can be a lot of adverse effects from fat burning (considering the toxins, and PUFA byproducts released from adipose tissues), but the body can probably withstand that if it's just for a little while.

As usual, it's the chronic states of fat burning (i.e. long term) which are really deleterious. If someone doesn't feel like eating, it's usually a sign that the best thing to do is to eat less.

Nomane Euger

wich raw meat did you eat?did you eat liver?did you sleep better?the better i sleep,the less angry i am,the more nutrient dense is my diet,the less i am angry,if i eat 30 g grass fed lamb liver,30 g grass fed heart,100 grammes grass fed ground lamb,35 grammes grass fed lamb suet,then honey,honey taste start to decline past 60 grammes,and i stop,and i dont think about food.if i dont eat those and eat honey first,i can go for a whole 1 kilo jar,till i feel absolutly crap.i can sleep 6 hours,wake up ravenously angry,if i sleep back 2 to 3 hours,wake up,no anger at all

OP
P

pro marker

wich raw meat did you eat?did you eat liver?did you sleep better?the better i sleep,the less angry i am,the more nutrient dense is my diet,the less i am angry,if i eat 30 g grass fed lamb liver,30 g grass fed heart,100 grammes grass fed ground lamb,35 grammes grass fed lamb suet,then honey,honey taste start to decline past 60 grammes,and i stop,and i dont think about food.if i dont eat those and eat honey first,i can go for a whole 1 kilo jar,till i feel absolutly crap.i can sleep 6 hours,wake up ravenously angry,if i sleep back 2 to 3 hours,wake up,no anger at all
wish i shared this experience. i can easily eat 1kg+ honey a day (as long as its raw). but this giant larp has left me completely broke so now i can only afford 100g a day. i had some liver today. about 150 gram. i never feel any effects from liver. i had a period where i ate raw grassfed liver evey week and i felt no different. are you typing on your phone? its hard to make out what you are trying to say.

Definitely, I think there can be a lot of adverse effects from fat burning (considering the toxins, and PUFA byproducts released from adipose tissues), but the body can probably withstand that if it's just for a little while.

As usual, it's the chronic states of fat burning (i.e. long term) which are really deleterious. If someone doesn't feel like eating, it's usually a sign that the best thing to do is to eat less.
i think im pretty low in pufa. never ate especially high pufa foods, never really liked oils, and I have been low pufa for the last 2 years. but here i am didnt help me much lol

yeah i would never go against my appetite. one time i got a bad flu (or camphylobacter poisoning not sure) and didnt eat for weeks. dropped 6kg or so. then the hunger came back and my body returned right back to normal weight. the body is so amazingly accurate when it comes to these things.

mrchibbs

Yeah there is a reason why sick animals don't eat. There is a time for it.

Re. the PUFA I only meant that fast weight loss can "unlock" a lot of toxins and byproducts which can make health worse. That's the main reason to be wary of it I think.

Nomane Euger

wish i shared this experience. i can easily eat 1kg+ honey a day (as long as its raw). but this giant larp has left me completely broke so now i can only afford 100g a day. i had some liver today. about 150 gram. i never feel any effects from liver. i had a period where i ate raw grassfed liver evey week and i felt no different. are you typing on your phone? its hard to make out what you are trying to say.

i think im pretty low in pufa. never ate especially high pufa foods, never really liked oils, and I have been low pufa for the last 2 years. but here i am didnt help me much lol

yeah i would never go against my appetite. one time i got a bad flu (or camphylobacter poisoning not sure) and didnt eat for weeks. dropped 6kg or so. then the hunger came back and my body returned right back to normal weight. the body is so amazingly accurate when it comes to these things.
i am on my computer now,i will resume you my last message later.From my experience,enough liver blunt my appettite,i think it is related to histamine,the copper load i get from copper stop my saliva secretion,to the point where nothing taste as good as usual after i eat a certain amount of liver,and i get full insanely quickly,these days where you has no appetite,did you eat liver?

OP
P

pro marker

i am on my computer now,i will resume you my last message later.From my experience,enough liver blunt my appettite,i think it is related to histamine,the copper load i get from copper stop my saliva secretion,to the point where nothing taste as good as usual after i eat a certain amount of liver,and i get full insanely quickly,these days where you has no appetite,did you eat liver?
no, liver had nothing to do with this. but very interesting anecdote.
Yeah there is a reason why sick animals don't eat. There is a time for it.

Re. the PUFA I only meant that fast weight loss can "unlock" a lot of toxins and byproducts which can make health worse. That's the main reason to be wary of it I think.
hypothetically, if you fasted until you had virtually no fat left, wouldnt that get rid of almost all your pufa stored? is there any data on how much is stored in other tissue then fat?

mrchibbs

no, liver had nothing to do with this. but very interesting anecdote.

hypothetically, if you fasted until you had virtually no fat left, wouldnt that get rid of almost all your pufa stored? is there any data on how much is stored in other tissue then fat?

Yes. But as Ray described it, this would basically be a 100% PUFA diet. And the oxidative byproducts could very well cause bad or even life-threatening symptoms (e.g. shortness of breath, nausea, depression, anything you can think of).

The only truly safe way is to lose the weight slowly. (1lbs a week) And to build your muscle mass so that your muscles burn some of the fat at rest, and give a lot of protein so that your liver can detoxify the PUFAs and other toxins stored in adipose tissues.

Nomane Euger

Yes. But as Ray described it, this would basically be a 100% PUFA diet. And the oxidative byproducts could very well cause bad or even life-threatening symptoms (e.g. shortness of breath, nausea, depression, anything you can think of).

The only truly safe way is to lose the weight slowly. (1lbs a week) And to build your muscle mass so that your muscles burn some of the fat at rest, and give a lot of protein so that your liver can detoxify the PUFAs and other toxins stored in adipose tissues.
Did you eat lamb or beef suet?