Appetite

Jing

Hi I need help with appetite.. from aslong as I can remember I have always had a bad appetite . I never really feel hungry and I get full so quick and feel sick to the point of gagging from the thought of food .. i am using cyproheptadine atm which only helps a little bit .. i mostly get my calories from orange juice and drinks because food is just to hard to eat .. what causes such low appetite ? Force feeding doesn't help I gone many periods of eating 3000 plus calories for over 3 months with appetite only getting worse ..

Do you eat starch? Starch is basically the only thing that reliably gives me an appetite. If I avoid starch I end up under-eating because I simply don't get very hungry. This isn't RP friendly advice, but that's how I am.

OP
J

Jing

Do you eat starch? Starch is basically the only thing that reliably gives me an appetite. If I avoid starch I end up under-eating because I simply don't get very hungry. This isn't RP friendly advice, but that's how I am.
yh doesn't seem to do anything for my appetite.

yh doesn't seem to do anything for my appetite.

What about trying digestive enzymes or betaine hcl, or vinegar? Maybe you have indigestion which is keeping your stomach from processing food fast enough for you to feel hungry often.

OP
J

Jing

What about trying digestive enzymes or betaine hcl, or vinegar? Maybe you have indigestion which is keeping your stomach from processing food fast enough for you to feel hungry often.
I could give them a try thanks.

vulture

Hi I need help with appetite.. from aslong as I can remember I have always had a bad appetite . I never really feel hungry and I get full so quick and feel sick to the point of gagging from the thought of food .. i am using cyproheptadine atm which only helps a little bit .. i mostly get my calories from orange juice and drinks because food is just to hard to eat .. what causes such low appetite ? Force feeding doesn't help I gone many periods of eating 3000 plus calories for over 3 months with appetite only getting worse ..
I'm not recommending it, just anecdotically saying:
When I used 11-Keto DHT in my rat, seemed to increase significantly his appetite.
Another thing I see that might help with apetite is avoiding too much starch and fat, but using fruits instead, specially in the morning, seems to increase the number of times I have to eat. Right now I need to eat 5 to 6 times, combining starch and fruits, when I was almost only using fruits as CH source usually needed to eat 6 to 8 times a day.

BTW, usually depression and boredom tends to kill appetite. I would try to steer away from that, also (easier said than done)

Last edited:

Arnold Grape

Have you tried exercise? Generally, being active tends to require more caloric intake and could stimulate something there. Alternatively, I have found that Progesterone ramps my appetite, and probably something like T3. Meanwhile, I know that getting a healthy dose of sunlight can also be beneficial for upping hunger. IME, when I lower stress hormones too low is when problems occur

OP
J

Jing

I'm not recommending it, just anecdotically saying:
When I used 11-Keto DHT in my rat, seemed to increase significantly his appetite.
Another thing I see that might help with apetite is avoiding too much starch and fat, but using fruits instead, specially in the morning, seems to increase the number of times I have to eat. Right now I need to eat 5 to 6 times, combining starch and fruits, when I was almost only using fruits as CH source usually needed to eat 6 to 8 times a day.

BTW, usually depression and boredom tends to kill appetite. I would try to steer away from that, also (easier said than done)
I've got 11 keto dht .. doesn't help my appetite .. I always wake up and drink orange juice but doesn't help my appetite .. and yes I am quite depressed and bored alot of the time but even when I feel good my appetite is still bad.

OP
J

Jing

Have you tried exercise? Generally, being active tends to require more caloric intake and could stimulate something there. Alternatively, I have found that Progesterone ramps my appetite, and probably something like T3. Meanwhile, I know that getting a healthy dose of sunlight can also be beneficial for upping hunger. IME, when I lower stress hormones too low is when problems occur
Yes exercise seems to make my appetite worse ..

Inaut

have you tried any antiobiotics or anti virals? maybe you have a bad pal hanging out in your guts, suppressing your appetite?

OP
J

Jing

have you tried any antiobiotics or anti virals? maybe you have a bad pal hanging out in your guts, suppressing your appetite?
No I haven't, I don't really want to use anything without knowing if it is due to bad bacteria .. my brother is also the same as me with his appetite so perhaps it could be bad bacteria ..

No I haven't, I don't really want to use anything without knowing if it is due to bad bacteria .. my brother is also the same as me with his appetite so perhaps it could be bad bacteria ..

Do you have a lot of stress or anxiety? Do you not feel awake until something stressful happens? I used to get most of my energy from adrenaline, and during that time I had a pretty low appetite. I would go without feeling hungry for the first half of my day, and during this time I would feel the most stressed.

OP
J

Jing

Do you have a lot of stress or anxiety? Do you not feel awake until something stressful happens? I used to get most of my energy from adrenaline, and during that time I had a pretty low appetite. I would go without feeling hungry for the first half of my day, and during this time I would feel the most stressed.
Yes, i am stressed alot and have bad aniexty .. I guess that's kind off true about not feeling fully awake untill something stressful happens.

Yes, i am stressed alot and have bad aniexty .. I guess that's kind off true about not feeling fully awake untill something stressful happens.

What happens if you go on a water fast? Do you suddenly feel very hungry or do you just feel the same? When I got to be too proficient in fasting I would actually just get very tired and have no appetite. I later found out this was a sign of doing major damage to my metabolism. I later worked things out and rekindled my metabolism - first by eating a lot of junk food - nothing else worked to spike my appetite, perhaps you are restricting your diet too much? Maybe try to stop being stressed and just take a few days eating anything that sounds good to you, a few days off of the RP standards will not do any permanent damage.

Last edited:

DrJ

Fructose powder very reliably makes me feel hungry when I should feel hungry but don't. I.e. if I haven't eaten in a while.

OP
J

Jing

What happens if you go on a water fast? Do you suddenly feel very hungry or do you just feel the same? When I got to be too proficient in fasting I would actually just get very tired and have no appetite. I later found out this was a sign of doing major damage to my metabolism. I later worked things out and rekindled my metabolism - first by eating a lot of junk food - nothing else worked to spike my appetite, perhaps you are restricting your diet too much? Maybe try to stop being stressed and just take a few days eating anything that sounds good to you, a few days off of the RP standards will not do any permanent damage.
If I go just an hour or two without getting anything in me I will start to feel sick and I'll like sick when you are hungry but I still won't feel hungry and going to long makes it even harder to get food in me because of the sick feeling .. maybe after 7-8 hours I will feel a little hungry but just the tiniest bit of food will make me full and feel sick .. no foods sound appealing to me lol even if I feel abit hungry ..

OP
J

Jing

Fructose powder very reliably makes me feel hungry when I should feel hungry but don't. I.e. if I haven't eaten in a while.
Might give it a try. Thanks