Any Bad Experiences With Powdered Shell Eggs Supp ?

Bogdar

Having problems tolerating dairies and wanting to try a calcium supplement, I wonder if there's any risks with taking eggshells.

I messed something up. I can’t tolerate eggshell or oyster shell calcium. I think I might have caused an infiltration of microbes to colonize my stomach and maybe the esophageal tissue is affected. It is slowly getting better.

I used to drink milk with no problems (lactose free) but I can’t tolerate milk anymore now either. I think it will improve but for now, it messed me up. I used a lot of calcium carbonate and it may have neutralized my stomach acid and caused this. Be careful.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

I messed something up. I can’t tolerate eggshell or oyster shell calcium. I think I might have caused an infiltration of microbes to colonize my stomach and maybe the esophageal tissue is affected. It is slowly getting better.

I used to drink milk with no problems (lactose free) but I can’t tolerate milk anymore now either. I think it will improve but for now, it messed me up. I used a lot of calcium carbonate and it may have neutralized my stomach acid and caused this. Be careful.
Thank you. Considering my health rn I won't take the risk then.

meatbag

Having problems tolerating dairies and wanting to try a calcium supplement, I wonder if there's any risks with taking eggshells.

I've noticed a lot of positives from eggshell. What I do is boil the eggshells in water and then bake at 425 for 15 minutes. You can process them with an electric coffee grinder or just crunch up the egg shells in a bowl with your hands and then eat them (doesn't taste bad a t all tbh). I've never noticed any issues with this method and the eggshell seems to be perfectly digested.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I save the shells from hard boiled eggs and grind them in a coffee bean grinder when they are dry. The shells have the membrane in them and I think it helps keep the eggshell from causing problems. I use 1/4 teaspoon at a time with meals. The eggshell membrane is sold as an anti inflammatory supplement.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

Well I might give it a try for a few days then. I'm actually pretty weak on the digestive system so I'm a bit scared, but I guess a few days can not mess me up. Or can it ? :)

LiveWire

@Bogdar
I’d buy organic egg shell powder, usually intended for pets. I haven’t found a human version. When you do it at home, it’s a lots of hassle, you net small amounts, and the powder may go bad. Also especially given your sensistivity, you may not be able to grind it as fine as they can, causing intestinal irritation.

Last edited by a moderator:

LiveWire

Well I might give it a try for a few days then. I'm actually pretty weak on the digestive system so I'm a bit scared, but I guess a few days can not mess me up. Or can it ? :)

No it can not. It’s one of the most natural substances on earth and one of few remaining real foods.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

No it can not. It’s one of the most natural substances on earth and one of few remaining real foods.
I have to agree it is a natural substance, and I don't remember where I read it but some "tribal" people used to eat small birds eggs with the shell. But you know I also heard that pre-modern humans used to eat 100+g of fibers a day, and it did not prevent my stomach to get messed up from this lol.

But yeah I'll give it a try, I'll grind it as fluid as I can.

Dave Clark

Always wondered if there were any chemical residues that would be in egg shells due to the disinfecting procedure. Apparently the Brits get a better egg commercially:

Hugh Johnson

I save the shells from hard boiled eggs and grind them in a coffee bean grinder when they are dry. The shells have the membrane in them and I think it helps keep the eggshell from causing problems. I use 1/4 teaspoon at a time with meals. The eggshell membrane is sold as an anti inflammatory supplement.
Same. Never had an issue and I have found them very helpful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals