How Dissolve Eggshell (quickly)?

berk

i have tried consuming eggshell powder but not with succes.

I have made my own eggshell calcium powder from brown colored eggshells, using the coffee grinder. (boiled them on forehand)
Then i take 0.5 gr with a meal and got some stomach issues.
Then I thought what would happen if I dissolve them first.
So i did 0.5 gram eggshell in vinegar, after, 24 hour, nothing happens.
Then i did 0.5 gram eggshell in orange juice, after 24 hour, nothing happens.
Then i did 0.5 gram eggshell in Lemon, After 20 hours it was finally dissolved.

Damn this shell are hard to dissolved, no wonder i have got stomach issues form it.
But 20 hours is way to long to wait for and i don't think the human body absorbed it very well if it takes so long.
Are there other ways to dissolve eggshell faster?

postman

I got stomach issues initially but after repeated consumption it causes no stomach problems anymore. Kinda like aspirin

theLaw

Unfortunately, a search on this forum would have saved you some time. Those experiments have been documented here, and even a few videos on YouTube.

Bottom line: Eggshells ( not ground) will dissolve completely in 48hrs in lemon juice, and ground a bit less, but it's not a pleasant substance to drink. Small amounts of eggshell should not harm digestion, and Peat even wrote that some people are able to take a Tbsp without any issues.

I would look at digestion as the issue, not the eggshells. Salt/Thyroid/Calories/Taurine might help.:thumbsup:

OP
berk

berk

Well then, i try more eggshell then and see my body get used to it

Elize

Eggshell citrate high in histamine and cause me rashes and itchy like mad

Flash

i have tried consuming eggshell powder but not with succes.

I have made my own eggshell calcium powder from brown colored eggshells, using the coffee grinder. (boiled them on forehand)
Then i take 0.5 gr with a meal and got some stomach issues.
Then I thought what would happen if I dissolve them first.
So i did 0.5 gram eggshell in vinegar, after, 24 hour, nothing happens.
Then i did 0.5 gram eggshell in orange juice, after 24 hour, nothing happens.
Then i did 0.5 gram eggshell in Lemon, After 20 hours it was finally dissolved.

Damn this shell are hard to dissolved, no wonder i have got stomach issues form it.
But 20 hours is way to long to wait for and i don't think the human body absorbed it very well if it takes so long.
Are there other ways to dissolve eggshell faster?
Grind the eggshells with your coffee beans and brew together

serling78

I started trying eggshells as an alternative calcium source because dairy gives me issues and calcium supplements cause constipation. I've heard a lot about eggshells and thought it sounded like a good option. Then I find it also causes me constipation..... So I'm a little confused. If I wanted a side of constipation with my calcium I would just take a cheapo supplement and get the same results. I'll stick with it but not very optimistic at this point.

Epik

I started trying eggshells as an alternative calcium source because dairy gives me issues and calcium supplements cause constipation. I've heard a lot about eggshells and thought it sounded like a good option. Then I find it also causes me constipation..... So I'm a little confused. If I wanted a side of constipation with my calcium I would just take a cheapo supplement and get the same results. I'll stick with it but not very optimistic at this point.
Have you tried balancing with magnesium?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals