Dissolving Bones For Calcium

Travis

Do you think it could still have an effect in the gut and on digestion before it's oxidized? E. G. stimulating expelling powers.

Wouldn't taking mao inhibitors along with dietary serotonin be a very bad idea? (MB?)

Edit: I just saw you already answered the second one in the thread.
Yes, because this will increase the amount of tryptophan that survives with the bioactive amino group. However, indole- and 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acids are quickly excreted and do bind with with any serotonin or melatonin receptors. I think we can consider IAA and 5-HIAA as being practically inactive water-soluble metabolites.

Mazzle

Recently started pressure canning and noticed that pressure canned chicken legs (with bone) are amazing. It ends up with a very good gelatin and all the ‘rubbery bits’ also dissolve into gelatin. Then I realised the bones were also soft. I cleaned the meat off the bones and crushed the soft bones in a pestle then baked it dry in oven and re ground any bits out. I ended up with quite a fine powder. Inside the white bone casing it was a darker matrix. All ground up and had some today on porridge. I could taste iron predominantly. Maybe that was the inner bit of the bone. Anyway. Pressure canni v chicken with bone makes bones v soft.