The Relationship between Prolactin and Dietary Calcium

OP
milk_lover

milk_lover

Brian, thanks for the info! Really useful tips :hattip

Nicholas, :eek: I don't think you're arrogant.

tomisonbottom

Nicholas said:
you BALANCE prolactin by regulating blood sugar. (through food) If you look at prolactin (or anything else internally) as something you have to lower or raise you will always be confused about the body. in short, regulating blood sugar is *meeting the demands of your body.* You regulate blood sugar by eating digestible foods, eating enough food, enough food frequently enough, eating your ideal ratio of protein/fat/carbs, and applying basic balancing of nutrients (i.e. basic amino acid balancing, basic mineral balancing, basic calcium/phosphorous balancing, and getting all the basic vitamins). This is the first and most important way of manipulating blood sugar in meeting your body where it is right now. Other factors of your life can decrease these efforts which may need attention as well - but only AFTER you've come to conclusions about how to regulate your blood sugar with food. Often the effort of food alone can help you to meet the demands of your life without having to make too many changes in your life.

If you are looking for a specific food to lower prolactin you are basically looking at the body through the lense of "supplementation" and this will not get you anywhere. Sorry - trying to be as clear and direct as possible because i have gotten a couple complaints that i'm not clear enough.

Of course you are more than welcome to do whatever you want with your body, and anyone can find short-term improvements by manipulating one aspect of their body..but the big question is will you come back in three weeks asking how to lower or raise something else? This is an intellectual vicious cycle of confusion that is the result of never understanding what health is.

So, how do you eat frequently when you don't feel hungry? I have high tsh and think I'm hypo, so sometimes it's 5pm and I've only had 25 grams of protein for the day. I am sure that's a hypothyroid issue, but I'm a bit stuck on that. Because if I listen to my body I probably won't eat, but my understanding is I need to eat frequently to balance blood sugar.
Also, what is the right balance of protein/fat/carbs?

Nicholas

tomisonbottom said:
post 114570
Nicholas said:
you BALANCE prolactin by regulating blood sugar. (through food) If you look at prolactin (or anything else internally) as something you have to lower or raise you will always be confused about the body. in short, regulating blood sugar is *meeting the demands of your body.* You regulate blood sugar by eating digestible foods, eating enough food, enough food frequently enough, eating your ideal ratio of protein/fat/carbs, and applying basic balancing of nutrients (i.e. basic amino acid balancing, basic mineral balancing, basic calcium/phosphorous balancing, and getting all the basic vitamins). This is the first and most important way of manipulating blood sugar in meeting your body where it is right now. Other factors of your life can decrease these efforts which may need attention as well - but only AFTER you've come to conclusions about how to regulate your blood sugar with food. Often the effort of food alone can help you to meet the demands of your life without having to make too many changes in your life.

If you are looking for a specific food to lower prolactin you are basically looking at the body through the lense of "supplementation" and this will not get you anywhere. Sorry - trying to be as clear and direct as possible because i have gotten a couple complaints that i'm not clear enough.

Of course you are more than welcome to do whatever you want with your body, and anyone can find short-term improvements by manipulating one aspect of their body..but the big question is will you come back in three weeks asking how to lower or raise something else? This is an intellectual vicious cycle of confusion that is the result of never understanding what health is.

So, how do you eat frequently when you don't feel hungry? I have high tsh and think I'm hypo, so sometimes it's 5pm and I've only had 25 grams of protein for the day. I am sure that's a hypothyroid issue, but I'm a bit stuck on that. Because if I listen to my body I probably won't eat, but my understanding is I need to eat frequently to balance blood sugar.
Also, what is the right balance of protein/fat/carbs?

it's about how frequently you have to eat in your particular situation...it's not about necessarily eating very frequently. 'food frequency' (not 'eating frequently') is only one aspect of blood sugar regulation. and macro ratios are also specific to your situation. sometimes you have to write this stuff down (if you don't)...your observations. sometimes eating when you're not hungry is wise as it gives you an opportunity to maybe change a false perception about how hungry you are....and sometimes eating when you're not hungry is not wise, because your body is accurately telling you to not eat. it's a mysterious process in some ways and there's sometimes no clear way of arriving at your answer....a lot of times, the answer will just force itself upon you.

Last edited by a moderator: