Oyster shell or calcium supp

I have found that my digestion and gi problems are much better keeping eggs out. I also am hesitant to add dairy back in since my digestion is healing better than ever and i don't want to risk a set back. I will add dairy back in at some point but not yet.
So i feel better without eggs and eggshell but now im lacking on calcium.
Does anyone have experience with oyster shell vs calcium supp?
Would love some advice on which direction to go before i spend the money.
thanks

paper_clips43

I kinda use both depending on what I am eating.

I take pearl powder with meat meals that are high in phosphorous.

I also sometimes add calcium hydroxide, slaked lime, to my orange juice.

I feel good with both and in fact feel better since keeping track of my calcium intake and making sure its a little above my phosphorus intake.

I tried egg shell powder, home made, and didn't care for it and its side effects on my bowels.

himsahimsa

Calcium carbonate from mined sources, chalk, buried hundreds of millions of years ago, is not contaminated with the many dangerous things that are dumped into the modern ocean.

Oysters are harvested mostly from bays and most bays are the sites of large cities. Shell avidly takes up strontium and if there is strontium 90 around, that's what will be in it, also other heavy metals and organics. Think, Fukushima.

Think farmed oysters bathed in Chinese sewage and how you will be helping those oyster farmers make a profit disposing of their waste.

And skip the sea salt.

And:

Chalk is just shells that lived a long time ago, way before we were born, before the dinosaurs.

jyb

Why not use eggs for the calcium carbonate powder? It's very easy to make. RP suggests milk or eggshell as first choice, I assume based on absorption or purity criteria.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals