(Anti-aging / Wrinkles) What Worked For You?

Mauritio

I think Lanolin is a great anti aging tool for skin health, not only but especially for sun damage. It tackles the problem right at the root cause.

If I were to create a beauty product I would simply mix it with pure vitamin E Oil (maybe add some estroban). Should save you tons of money because most of the beauty products are just that: fat + a little vitamins, only in a worse composition.

Sounds like putting lanolin on your skin is one of the best anti-aging strategies, because of its high cholesterol content:

"The characteristic opacity of aged skin is the result of an accumulation of layers of dead cells on the surface. While the vital underlying skin cells contain much less cholesterol than normal, the inert cells contain an increased amount of cholesterol sulfate .
When the skin's free cholesterol content is increased experimentally, the skin remains its ability to shed dead superficial cells. When it is lowered experimentally, as with a statin, the skin takes on the structure and appearance of old skin. Aging seems to be a state of cholesterol starvation.
In allowing skin cells to shed naturally, cholesterol is activating a proteolytic enzyme and restoring the skin's normal barrier function and acidic pH. "

This study shows that even a 2 minute UV-Light exposure can drastically lower the cholesterol level in the skin, sometimes by up to 80%. Even taking in the effect that a lot of that is converted to Vitamin D, which is beneficial, I suspect that sun's skin aging effect is not just an inflammatory damage process, but also simply a reduction of cholesterol in the skin. So given the Peat quote below, Lanolin seems to be a good anti-aging/ anti-sun damage tool.

"Aging seems to be a state of cholesterol starvation.
In allowing skin cells to shed naturally, cholesterol is activating a proteolytic enzyme and restoring the skin's normal barrier function and acidic pH. "
-RP

Also this study shows that applying lanolin to the skin and the irradiating it with UV light increases the free cholesterol content by about 5 times. So that is interesting as well, and suggests applying lanolin to your body before sun bathing.

"The amount of free sterols in anhydrous lanolin which is pre- cipitated by digitonin, and expressed in terms of free cholesterol, is 0.93 mg. per 100 mg. of lanolin.
When anhydrous lanolin is irradiated with ultra-violet light, there is a progressive gradual rise in the amount of free sterols precipitated by digitonin, the maximum rise being reached at the end of 1 hour. The free sterols expressed as free cholesterol increased from 0.93 to 5.37 mg. per 100 mg. of lanolin. "

@miquelangeles

In my experience, nothing compares to a out-of-body refreshing sleep. The better I sleep the clearer smooth my skin is. There isn't a limit of deepness of sleep.
I tried coconut oil and olive oil, it helps for a few hours but after it looks worse than before.

revenant

Could you share more about your experience with retinoids?
What % did you use? How long did It take you to notice an improvement in your wrinkles?

I usually use the 0.05% before sleep. I've used it for years, these days the effect is not so dramatic, but I do see a difference on the mornings when I haven't used and when I have used it. In the beginning the change was more dramatic, after a week or so.

The 0.1% gel is strong stuff, has my face peeling all over after one use. But does look a lot smoother after that for a while.

What crap to keep out our systems is pretty obvious on this forum, however, most underestimate what quality sleep over time can do for everything....including skin improvement.
This is true. Regular good deep sleep looks much better on my skin, over time.

I actually want forehead wrinkles. I think they look good. Probably because they are a sign of low prolactin.
They only look good on men, like their other wrinkles, only though if you were a positive person. As the saying goes “ The face you get in your old age is the one you deserve.”

To undo the wrinkles I had started to accumulate from stress over the last two years, I got proactive. I give myself a raw honey mask often, which does wonders for my skin, keeping it moist, even during the cold months. I don’t use any lotions on my skin, especially my face. On my legs if I am going to wear shorts or a dress I use coconut oil, or lately a cacao and shea butter mix. This past month I have been using tape at night on the furrow lines on my forehead, between my eyes, and being more mindful during the day not to use these muscles. I am happy with all my undoing. Here is a photo from two nights ago, without editing, and another from last weekend with my brother who is twelve years younger than I, and I am sixty. My skin didn’t look this good 6 years ago when I was still heavy on the PUFA’s. My first year of “Peating” I was strict, and all of the brown liver spots on my arms and hands disappeared.

Oh and regularly eating homemade bone broth has made a noticeable difference too!
1703350337599.jpeg

1703350427654.jpeg

Last edited:

Coderr

To undo the wrinkles I had started to accumulate from stress over the last two years, I got proactive. I give myself a raw honey mask often, which does wonders for my skin, keeping it moist, even during the cold months. I don’t use any lotions on my skin, especially my face. On my legs if I am going to wear shorts or a dress I use coconut oil, or lately a cacao and shea butter mix. This past month I have been using tape at night on the furrow lines on my forehead, between my eyes, and being more mindful during the day not to use these muscles. I am happy with all my undoing. Here is a photo from two nights ago, without editing, and another from last weekend with my brother who is twelve years younger than I, and I am sixty. My skin didn’t look this good 6 years ago when I was still heavy on the PUFA’s. My first year of “Peating” I was strict, and all of the brown liver spots on my arms and hands disappeared.

Oh and regularly eating homemade bone broth has made a noticeable difference too!
View attachment 59523
View attachment 59524
Do you have İnsta?

Dutchie

My first year of “Peating” I was strict, and all of the brown liver spots on my arms and hands disappeared.
What do you think was it about strict Peating/diet, that made for the spots to disappear? (Only the avoidance of pufa?)

What do you think was it about strict Peating/diet, made for the disappearance of the spots? (Only the avoidance of pufa?)
It was my body ridding my skin of stored PUFA’s that reversed those age spots, I am thinking. I have seen a lot of my body rejuvenating itself in the last 7 years, with my skin, my teeth and gray hair reversing, and that is just the external stuff. I looked it up and and I started “Peating” in October of 2016. I never wear sunscreen, ever, and my skin is better for of it, either because I am not aging it with the bad oils and chemicals or because I am not blocking the vitamin D with it. I have also cut out grains and meats, because of the tryptophan, extra iron, and anti-nutrients in the grains, and most times I only eat the egg yolks, corn & soy free ones, a couple or three times a day. Every little change I have made has been adding up to a lot of good skin. Usually I eat for my figure, but this last six months I eat for my skin instead.

What do you think was it about strict Peating/diet, that made for the spots to disappear? (Only the avoidance of pufa?)
The OP, in the thread linked below, says that estrogen can be a cause of “brown spots”, so getting them down during my first year of “Peating” probably was a factor in getting mine gone. That first year I was eating liver too. Like I said a lot of little changes made a big difference for me….

“In 1954 there was a report of a girl whose skin turned black from using an ointment containing estrogen. Later, in the 1960s, I noticed that many women using birth control pills developed patchy brown spots on their faces. As I read more about pigmentation, I saw that estrogen, like a variety of irritants, promoted the development of ordinary dark pigment, melanin, in the skin, and that this was different from the liver spots or age pigment that often begin to appear in middle age, and that become so noticeable on the hands, arms, and faces of most old people.”

Dutchie

It was my body ridding my skin of stored PUFA’s that reversed those age spots, I am thinking. I have seen a lot of my body rejuvenating itself in the last 7 years, with my skin, my teeth and gray hair reversing, and that is just the external stuff. I looked it up and and I started “Peating” in October of 2016. I never wear sunscreen, ever, and my skin is better for of it, either because I am not aging it with the bad oils and chemicals or because I am not blocking the vitamin D with it. I have also cut out grains and meats, because of the tryptophan, extra iron, and anti-nutrients in the grains, and most times I only eat the egg yolks, corn & soy free ones, a couple or three times a day. Every little change I have made has been adding up to a lot of good skin. Usually I eat for my figure, but this last six months I eat for my skin instead.
Ah ok,thanks.
I'm covered from bottom to top with spots (I don't know if they're liver spots.), but I've been pufa free for about a decade so releasing pufas can't be the solution anymore in my case.

golder

I usually use the 0.05% before sleep. I've used it for years, these days the effect is not so dramatic, but I do see a difference on the mornings when I haven't used and when I have used it. In the beginning the change was more dramatic, after a week or so.

The 0.1% gel is strong stuff, has my face peeling all over after one use. But does look a lot smoother after that for a while.
Sorry if this is a silly question, but could one use Idealabs Retinyl acetate or palmitate for this effect or is this a completely different compound? If so, how many drops roughly would amount to say, 0.05% of your retinol product? Thanks to anyone who can shed light!

Mauritio

Sorry if this is a silly question, but could one use Idealabs Retinyl acetate or palmitate for this effect or is this a completely different compound? If so, how many drops roughly would amount to say, 0.05% of your retinol product? Thanks to anyone who can shed light!
A quick google search of your question lead to this:
"Retinol is a close cousin to retinyl palmitate, though it is about 20% more potent. Retinyl palmitate was created before retinol but they do not achieve the same effects. Similar, but not quite the same. Most skin types are far more tolerant of retinyl palmitate because it is the least irritating of the retinoid family."
- What's The Difference Between Retinol & Retinyl Palmitate? | Skintherapy.

I notce that my face looks better when I use estroban topically, eat carrots or liver; all of which contain lots of Vitamin A, so there seems to be something to it. And yes you can use idealabs product.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals