Has anyone used a derma roller/derma stamp for fine lines? I did years ago: let's talk

ironfist

When I was 36 or so, I had some lines on my forehead. I read about derma rollers (a little roller with spikes all over it that you roll across your face which is said to reduce fine lines). The method is apparently that the small punctures cause collagen to be produced, which then lessen the appearance of aging.

Different types of these products exist, and the one bought is called a dermastamp. It's the same concept except instead of being a roller, it's just one face that you jam into your face.

I chose a derma stamp because I read that rollers can cause damage, since the piercing isn't a straight line since the device has to roll, and the insertion will be moving sideways as well.

There are different size needles available. Supposedly different sizes are for different purposes, like making the skin more porous to permit more skin product absorption (supposedly fake), or for different size folds, or for the treatment of scars, etc. I bought 1mm because presumably that was best for face wrinkles.

There are different directions for use. Some people say use it every few days for a few weeks. Some people say use it once every few weeks. The schedule I utilized was every 5 or 6 weeks for a few months.

When using this, I was taking verisol collagen as well, which ha been reported to reduce fine lines (studies available if you want).

I stopped using it after a few uses. Reason? I didn't think it was making a difference. In fact, I believe that if these even work at all, you would need a single point device.

Let me explain with MSPaint.

If you're using a roller or stamp, you are going to be stabbing AROUND the wrinkle, not AT the wrinkle. Why is this is problem? Because it means skin will develop AROUND the wrinkle, not AT the winkle. In other words, instead of filling in a wrinkle, you're going to be making the area around the wrinkle higher.

The opinion I have was supported from this video on youtube of a woman removing her glabellar lines with a sewing needle. Supposedly.

3bf5PSv.jpg

eQzkAGZ.jpg

zaOokCE.jpg

3axMhyc.jpg

hNtBSu4.jpg

7ft4FR6.jpg

Afz7P5J.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP4EUVJeo1o

L_C

I did use but honestly I feel like it doesn't do much unless you maybe use a roller/stamp with longer needles (which I didn't). I prefer chemical peels instead.

dreamcatcher

My skin therapist used radio frequency combined with derma stamp. (It's one device.) She said that was the most advanced technology to remove fine lines.

golder

I did use but honestly I feel like it doesn't do much unless you maybe use a roller/stamp with longer needles (which I didn't). I prefer chemical peels instead.
Thanks for this, which chemical peels?

golder

What mm length derma roller/stamp do people recommend for the forehead?

L_C

Thanks for this, which chemical peels?
I started with glycolic acid 5% and slowly increased to 30% over 6 months. I tried to be cautious since I didn't know how my skin is going to react.

Now I use TCA peel which is way stronger and more potent. I diluted it to 15%.

PeatyParty

I started with glycolic acid 5% and slowly increased to 30% over 6 months. I tried to be cautious since I didn't know how my skin is going to react.

Now I use TCA peel which is way stronger and more potent. I diluted it to 15%.

Home treatment? If yes, would you please share name of product? Thanks!

L_C

Yes, I did the peels all by myself. It's not hard, just follow the instructions. I bought the glycolic acid 70% by Pureava MD through eBay.

I have TCA peel 25% by skin obsession. No issues there.

When I was 36 or so, I had some lines on my forehead. I read about derma rollers (a little roller with spikes all over it that you roll across your face which is said to reduce fine lines). The method is apparently that the small punctures cause collagen to be produced, which then lessen the appearance of aging.

Different types of these products exist, and the one bought is called a dermastamp. It's the same concept except instead of being a roller, it's just one face that you jam into your face.

I chose a derma stamp because I read that rollers can cause damage, since the piercing isn't a straight line since the device has to roll, and the insertion will be moving sideways as well.

There are different size needles available. Supposedly different sizes are for different purposes, like making the skin more porous to permit more skin product absorption (supposedly fake), or for different size folds, or for the treatment of scars, etc. I bought 1mm because presumably that was best for face wrinkles.

There are different directions for use. Some people say use it every few days for a few weeks. Some people say use it once every few weeks. The schedule I utilized was every 5 or 6 weeks for a few months.

When using this, I was taking verisol collagen as well, which ha been reported to reduce fine lines (studies available if you want).

I stopped using it after a few uses. Reason? I didn't think it was making a difference. In fact, I believe that if these even work at all, you would need a single point device.

Let me explain with MSPaint.

If you're using a roller or stamp, you are going to be stabbing AROUND the wrinkle, not AT the wrinkle. Why is this is problem? Because it means skin will develop AROUND the wrinkle, not AT the winkle. In other words, instead of filling in a wrinkle, you're going to be making the area around the wrinkle higher.

The opinion I have was supported from this video on youtube of a woman removing her glabellar lines with a sewing needle. Supposedly.

3bf5PSv.jpg

eQzkAGZ.jpg

zaOokCE.jpg

3axMhyc.jpg

hNtBSu4.jpg

7ft4FR6.jpg

Afz7P5J.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP4EUVJeo1o

This is interesting. Do you know if she has posted any before and after pics with her do-it-yourself needle?

frannybananny

You might look at the videos by Platinum Skin Gurus and the products they offer...different strengths of TCA peels and also something called the Dream Peel and Luminosity...these are all made to work with each other in different ways. I haven't tried them but they look good. platinumskincare.com

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals