(Anti-aging / Wrinkles) What Worked For You?

D

Deleted member 5487

Getting out of Glycolsis. The stressed cells are what make you look so old.

You could try pregolone, or High sugar/selenium grape juice, k2 rubbed on the skin

ray-preg.jpg

The real key is to get your hormones working again.

Butter+Liver Patte, yolks, and high sugar/selnium grape juice is your best bet.

You need the fat soulables, the sugar, the cholestrol, the selnium to get things working agian.

pepsi

Proper hydration and elasticity is key for having a good skin, true, and the hormones are mostly involved in that area.
But collagen supplementation improves skin quality.
A meta-analysis from 2019: Oral Collagen Supplementation: A Systematic Review of Dermatological Applications - PubMed - NCBI
"FINDINGS: Eleven studies with a total of 805 patients were included for review. Eight studies used collagen hydrolysate, 2.5g/d to 10g/d, for 8 to 24 weeks, for the treatment of pressure ulcers, xerosis, skin aging, and cellulite. Two studies used collagen tripeptide, 3g/d for 4 to 12 weeks, with notable improvement in skin elasticity and hydration. Lastly, one study using collagen dipeptide suggested anti-aging efficacy is proportionate to collagen dipeptide content.​

CONCLUSIONS AND RELEVANCE: Preliminary results are promising for the short and long-term use of oral collagen supplements for wound healing and skin aging. Oral collagen supplements also increase skin elasticity, hydration, and dermal collagen density. Collagen supplementation is generally safe with no reported adverse events. Further studies are needed to elucidate medical use in skin barrier diseases such as atopic dermatitis and to determine optimal dosing regimens."​

Here is an interview where Dr Peat discusses how the body moves progressively toward generalized systemic stress as it ages, producing more collagen framework than vital
functioning cells, in all tissues.
So it seems as we age, the body will inevitably start producing too much of a collagen framework, which embeds the cells and blocks them from receiving
nutrients.

We want to supply nutrients (sugar, o2) to keep the body from moving toward this collagen producing scar tissue stress response state, which explains why
sugar is #1 for anti-aging/wrinkle prevention.

pepsi

I wonder if sugar can be absorbed through the skin? Sugar heals diabetic ulcers, which proves sugar can be absorbed directly into cells through an open wound.

But what about through the skin? I wonder if one of the causes of skin aging is less than optimal glucose delivery to the skin cells throughout a persons lifetime.

The vital organs are always first to receive the glucose the body makes/ingests. What if the skin only ever gets 90, 80 70% of the sugar it could use.

Ive tried dissolving sugar with hot water and applying it to the skin, but it becomes dry after a few minutes, so I dont think there was any sugar
absorbance happening. But is there a way to get sugar absorbed through the skin?

What if that would be the ultimate anti-aging skin cream.

In Dr Peats article, he states sugar is absorbed into the cell though cellular activation, even in the absence of insulin.
Glucose and sucrose for diabetes.
Cellular activation (by electrical, nervous, chemical, or mechanical stimulation) causes glucose to be absorbed and oxidized, even in the absence of insulin and in otherwise insulin-resistant individuals. I think this local interaction between the need for energy and the production of energy predominates in good health, with insulin and other hormones facilitating the process in times of stress.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Here is an interview where Dr Peat discusses how the body moves progressively toward generalized systemic stress as it ages, producing more collagen framework than vital
functioning cells, in all tissues.
So it seems as we age, the body will inevitably start producing too much of a collagen framework, which embeds the cells and blocks them from receiving
nutrients.

We want to supply nutrients (sugar, o2) to keep the body from moving toward this collagen producing scar tissue stress response state, which explains why
sugar is #1 for anti-aging/wrinkle prevention.

Peat recommends eating lots of collagen too.

dreamcatcher

Proper hydration and elasticity is key for having a good skin, true, and the hormones are mostly involved in that area.
But collagen supplementation improves skin quality.
A meta-analysis from 2019: Oral Collagen Supplementation: A Systematic Review of Dermatological Applications - PubMed - NCBI
"FINDINGS: Eleven studies with a total of 805 patients were included for review. Eight studies used collagen hydrolysate, 2.5g/d to 10g/d, for 8 to 24 weeks, for the treatment of pressure ulcers, xerosis, skin aging, and cellulite. Two studies used collagen tripeptide, 3g/d for 4 to 12 weeks, with notable improvement in skin elasticity and hydration. Lastly, one study using collagen dipeptide suggested anti-aging efficacy is proportionate to collagen dipeptide content.​

CONCLUSIONS AND RELEVANCE: Preliminary results are promising for the short and long-term use of oral collagen supplements for wound healing and skin aging. Oral collagen supplements also increase skin elasticity, hydration, and dermal collagen density. Collagen supplementation is generally safe with no reported adverse events. Further studies are needed to elucidate medical use in skin barrier diseases such as atopic dermatitis and to determine optimal dosing regimens."​
Collagen supplementation doesn't improve skin quality. Even Ray talks about that.

baccheion

Collagen supplementation doesn't improve skin quality. Even Ray talks about that.
Where?

I do figure fat-solubles and vitamin C have positive effects. Same with MSM + silicon/monomethylsilanetriol + vitamin C in combination. Maybe the combo is similar to methionine and vitamin C (and B vitamin cofactors).

dreamcatcher

Where?

I do figure fat-solubles and vitamin C have positive effects. Same with MSM + silicon/monomethylsilanetriol + vitamin C in combination. Maybe the combo is similar to methionine and vitamin C (and B vitamin cofactors).
It was in a 2019 KMUD interview, Ray was even laughing about it.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Peat is a big fan of collagen and he states that estrogen, serotonin and PUFAs cause tissue destruction and wrinkles, not dietary collagen itself. Collagen is anti-inflammatory and improves skin quality. There is a difference between dietary collagen and the formation of collagen/fibrosis in the body.

Regeneration and degeneration - Types of inflammation change with aging
"In the adult, the PUFA and prostaglandins are known to increase collagen synthesis. Serotonin and estrogen, which interact closely with PUFA, promote collagen synthesis and fibrosis. In the fetus, hyaluronic acid, rather than collagen, is the main extracellular material in wound repair (Krummel, et al., 1987). Both it and its decomposition products have important regulatory “signal” functions in wound healing (Gao, et al., 2008), inflammation, and cell differentiation (Krasinski and Tchórzewski, 2007)."

Blocking Tissue Destruction
"Some animal studies have found that estrogen caused the skin to become thinner. The other steroids they tested, progesterone, testosterone, and pregnenolone, acted in the opposite direction, making aged and atrophied skin thicker and more regular. They also made the pigment cells larger, and increased their branching."

dreamcatcher

Peat is a big fan of collagen and he states that estrogen, serotonin and PUFAs cause tissue destruction and wrinkles, not dietary collagen itself. Collagen is anti-inflammatory and improves skin quality. There is a difference between dietary collagen and the formation of collagen/fibrosis in the body.

Regeneration and degeneration - Types of inflammation change with aging
"In the adult, the PUFA and prostaglandins are known to increase collagen synthesis. Serotonin and estrogen, which interact closely with PUFA, promote collagen synthesis and fibrosis. In the fetus, hyaluronic acid, rather than collagen, is the main extracellular material in wound repair (Krummel, et al., 1987). Both it and its decomposition products have important regulatory “signal” functions in wound healing (Gao, et al., 2008), inflammation, and cell differentiation (Krasinski and Tchórzewski, 2007)."

Blocking Tissue Destruction
"Some animal studies have found that estrogen caused the skin to become thinner. The other steroids they tested, progesterone, testosterone, and pregnenolone, acted in the opposite direction, making aged and atrophied skin thicker and more regular. They also made the pigment cells larger, and increased their branching."
Thank you for your efforts @Hans, Ray Peat says that collagen supplementation, contrary to popular belief, doesn't improve skin quality by increasing collagen production inside the skin. Scientists also found out that the positive effect of collagen supplements on hair diameter only lasts while one is taking the product.
I'm familiar with Ray Peat's work hence the hundreds of email exchanges.

baccheion

Thank you for your efforts @Hans, Ray Peat says that collagen supplementation, contrary to popular belief, doesn't improve skin quality by increasing collagen production inside the skin. Scientists also found out that the positive effect of collagen supplements on hair diameter only lasts while one is taking the product.
Does that negate the use to balance glycine:methionine?

Glycine unavailability was said in one study to be a limiter in collagen synthesis. Adding lysine increased synthesis, but only up to a threshold (like going from deficient to sufficient). Added glycine continued synthesis well above the physiological threshold, implying an unfilled need.

High glycine concentration increases collagen synthesis by articular chondrocytes in vitro: acute glycine deficiency could be an important cause of... - PubMed - NCBI

blabla123

The judgement is still out on this but I've a feeling that B1, Thiamine, might be key - I'm currently two weeks in of supplementing 100 mg B1 (hcl) + 100 mg MagCitrate twice daily, posting this as a reminder to return with a full report in a couple of months.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Enhancing Skin Health: By Oral Administration of Natural Compounds and Minerals with Implications to the Dermal Microbiome

"It is known that collagen hydrolysate has several positive biological properties such as antioxidants, antihypertensive and lipid-lowering activities, as well as the established reparative actions in damaged skin [1,2,3,21]. Furthermore, collagen has a dual action in the skin where it first provides the building block components for collagen (and elastin). It binds receptors in fibroblasts located in the dermal layers to stimulate the synthesis of collagen and elastin as well as hyaluronic acid [1,2,3,21]."

Either way, collagen does improve skin health. Collagen only has its benefit while you take/consume it, just like food only has its benefit if you eat it and air only has its benefit if you breathe it.

Vins7

H
Definitely sugar is #1 for wrinkle reduction/prevention. I was on the paleo diet
before finding Dr. Peat. In a few months on the paleo diet, a faint line on my forehead
that was visible only if I really scrunched my forehead became deeper and was permanently there
all day with more faint lines developing above and below it. I thought, wait a minute, arent
wrinkles supposed to creep up on you over time, years, not months.
Because of other problems, I discovered Dr Peat and after starting a high sugar diet, the
line went back to being faint and only visible if I really scrunch my forehead.

I call this phenomenon SSS or sugar saves skin.
With a high sugar diet do you mean a high White sugar intake or high juices and fruit intake? Do you avoid or limit starches in this high sugar diet?

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
The judgement is still out on this but I've a feeling that B1, Thiamine, might be key - I'm currently two weeks in of supplementing 100 mg B1 (hcl) + 100 mg MagCitrate twice daily, posting this as a reminder to return with a full report in a couple of months.
Any feedback on this?

D

Deleted member 5487

Botox and OTC high strength retionals like skin medica

David PS

Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)​

Organic Sulfur provides a myriad of potential benefits when taken daily, and is an ideal supplement for people dealing with:

1) Pain & inflammation.

2) Hair thinning & unhealthy hair.

3) Skin issues: wrinkling, acne, dry skin, & blotchiness.

4) Joint issues and poor mobility.

5) High levels of toxicity in the body & cells.

6) Common digestive issues.

7) Poor energy & brain fog/lack of focus.

FDA Disclaimer: Statements or opinions have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. Products and information stated herein are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition. Always consult with your physician or other healthcare professional before starting any new supplement protocol. :):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals