Anabolic Steroids Can Cure SIBO

Discussion in 'Digestion' started by TheBeard, Oct 14, 2019.

1. TheBeard

TheBeard Member

2. haidut

haidut Member

Good find. I am adding another study below that shows DHT can reverse the structural pathological changes in the intestine that occur with aging and are linked to Alzheimer disease (AD), among many others.
    Effect of dihydrotestosterone on gastrointestinal tract of male Alzheimer's disease transgenic mice. - PubMed - NCBI

3. OP
    TheBeard

TheBeard Member

4. amaranthine

amaranthine Member

The combination is nandrolone and stanozolol

5. Cameron

Cameron Member

Can’t wait till you can pick up pure dht at a compounding pharmacy. A man can wish.

6. OP
    TheBeard

TheBeard Member

you can order pure dht (stanolone) from chinese suppliers easily.
    You mix it with dmso and it’s done.
    Hit me up if you need a source

7. OP
    TheBeard

TheBeard Member

can you link me the full study that says so?

8. Zpol

Zpol Member

Almost all women I know who have autoimmune disease and SIBO also have PCOS in which case taking anabolic steroids would cause even more problems. And the ABX treatment could result in a Clostridium difficile infection. I read a study on this before, promptly got all excited, and then realized it could only work for a very limited number of women. Perhaps it's more of a last choice option before people before they attempt bowel resection surgery.

9. haidut

haidut Member

Actually, it may help. There is strong evidence that the mainstream theory on PCOS (androgen-driven) is bunk and it is estrogen that causes PCOS. As such, non-aromatizable steroids such as DHT may be even therapeutic. Even if one subscribes to the androgen theory as cause, it is elevated levels of aromatizable steroids that are implicated while DHT levels in PCOS patients are relatively low. See below.
    Estrogen, Not Androgens, As A Cause Of PCOS (and Related Cancers)
    Thieme E-Journals - Geburtshilfe und Frauenheilkunde / Abstract
    Acne Is Likely Caused By Estrogen, NOT Androgens

So, using non-aromatizable steroids such as DHT may in fact be beneficial because it will lower estrogen and T synthesis, and suppress excessive adrenal activity. The "evidence" of DHT (or other androgens) causing insulin resistance is such complete charade that I don't know where to even start "debunking" it. Keep in mind that androgens are often administered clinically because they improve insulin sensitivity, not worsen it. Hence, the multiple human trials currently with T, nandrolone, oxandro, etc to treat diabetes II, obesity, etc to treat these conditions, not cause them.
    For what it's worth, I know of a female athlete with PCOS who keeps her PCOS in "remission" by using a combination of progesterone and Oxandrolone (a DHT derivative). Progesterone by itself did not work well-enough apparently. She would consider using DHT, but getting oxandro is much easier as DHT is really not widely used in medical or sports circles.

10. Zpol

Zpol Member

Thanks for pointing out the distinction. It makes sense. I've been slathering on Progesterone with minimal results; no matter how much I take, it's never enough to balance the estrogen (adding pregnenalone however has diminished my pain entirely). I would think in cases of hirsutism there must be some androgen excess causing the hair growth though. Do you think bringing up DHT levels to balance the testosterone in these cases would reduce hirsutism?

Thanks, I was not aware of this. I have not researched much into taking these substances for the purpose of treating SIBO, IBS, or permeable gut, outside of what's being discussed on this thread; are you aware of any studies using them for treatment of these issues? I will look myself but any links would be appreciated if you got em. My questions would be... Is there a test for the microfilaria infection? Would one attempt to treat it without a verified microfilaria infection? Is the treatment for the infection necessary or will switching to anabolic state be enough? If treating the infection with albendazole, avermectin and doxycycline: would the risk of H. pylori and/or C. Difficile be too dangerous?

I was able to find the author's protocol used in his case study...

11. Cameron

Cameron Member

Can anavar work similarly to dht on the androgen receptor in skin to increase facial hair growth as a stand-alone hormone in males with out other testosterone or T derived supplementation? Is the suppression with anavar fairly recoverable for males too?

12. Broken man

Broken man Member

The thing is that some androgen metabolites are estrogenic I think.

13. OP
    TheBeard

TheBeard Member

You’re going to kill your liver for minor improvements, definitely not to the extent you are hoping for.
    Yes the suppression is recoverable, but why go through the hassle?

Apply testosterone cream to the scrotum, you’ll be far better off and your DHT will be off the charts. Keep the hormone supplementation down to the bioidentical ones only to minimize sides.

14. James b

James b Member

Why the scrotum application? Thanks for the help.