Anabolic Steroids Can Cure SIBO

haidut

Forum Supporter
Are the estrogenic hormonal effects of environmental toxins affecting small intestinal bacterial and microfilaria overgrowth? - PubMed - NCBI

Are the estrogenic hormonal effects of environmental toxins affecting small intestinal bacterial and microfilaria overgrowth?

Good find. I am adding another study below that shows DHT can reverse the structural pathological changes in the intestine that occur with aging and are linked to Alzheimer disease (AD), among many others.
Effect of dihydrotestosterone on gastrointestinal tract of male Alzheimer's disease transgenic mice. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
T

TheBeard

OP
T

TheBeard

Can’t wait till you can pick up pure dht at a compounding pharmacy. A man can wish.

you can order pure dht (stanolone) from chinese suppliers easily.
You mix it with dmso and it’s done.
Hit me up if you need a source

Zpol

Almost all women I know who have autoimmune disease and SIBO also have PCOS in which case taking anabolic steroids would cause even more problems. And the ABX treatment could result in a Clostridium difficile infection. I read a study on this before, promptly got all excited, and then realized it could only work for a very limited number of women. Perhaps it's more of a last choice option before people before they attempt bowel resection surgery.

haidut

Forum Supporter
have PCOS in which case taking anabolic steroids would cause even more problems

Actually, it may help. There is strong evidence that the mainstream theory on PCOS (androgen-driven) is bunk and it is estrogen that causes PCOS. As such, non-aromatizable steroids such as DHT may be even therapeutic. Even if one subscribes to the androgen theory as cause, it is elevated levels of aromatizable steroids that are implicated while DHT levels in PCOS patients are relatively low. See below.
Estrogen, Not Androgens, As A Cause Of PCOS (and Related Cancers)
Thieme E-Journals - Geburtshilfe und Frauenheilkunde / Abstract
Acne Is Likely Caused By Estrogen, NOT Androgens

So, using non-aromatizable steroids such as DHT may in fact be beneficial because it will lower estrogen and T synthesis, and suppress excessive adrenal activity. The "evidence" of DHT (or other androgens) causing insulin resistance is such complete charade that I don't know where to even start "debunking" it. Keep in mind that androgens are often administered clinically because they improve insulin sensitivity, not worsen it. Hence, the multiple human trials currently with T, nandrolone, oxandro, etc to treat diabetes II, obesity, etc to treat these conditions, not cause them.
For what it's worth, I know of a female athlete with PCOS who keeps her PCOS in "remission" by using a combination of progesterone and Oxandrolone (a DHT derivative). Progesterone by itself did not work well-enough apparently. She would consider using DHT, but getting oxandro is much easier as DHT is really not widely used in medical or sports circles.

Zpol

Even if one subscribes to the androgen theory as cause, it is elevated levels of aromatizable steroids that are implicated while DHT levels in PCOS patients are relatively low.
Thanks for pointing out the distinction. It makes sense. I've been slathering on Progesterone with minimal results; no matter how much I take, it's never enough to balance the estrogen (adding pregnenalone however has diminished my pain entirely). I would think in cases of hirsutism there must be some androgen excess causing the hair growth though. Do you think bringing up DHT levels to balance the testosterone in these cases would reduce hirsutism?

Keep in mind that androgens are often administered clinically because they improve insulin sensitivity, not worsen it. Hence, the multiple human trials currently with T, nandrolone, oxandro, etc to treat diabetes II, obesity, etc to treat these conditions, not cause them.
Thanks, I was not aware of this. I have not researched much into taking these substances for the purpose of treating SIBO, IBS, or permeable gut, outside of what's being discussed on this thread; are you aware of any studies using them for treatment of these issues? I will look myself but any links would be appreciated if you got em. My questions would be... Is there a test for the microfilaria infection? Would one attempt to treat it without a verified microfilaria infection? Is the treatment for the infection necessary or will switching to anabolic state be enough? If treating the infection with albendazole, avermectin and doxycycline: would the risk of H. pylori and/or C. Difficile be too dangerous?

I was able to find the author's protocol used in his case study...

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

Author: Edward Lichten, M.D., Assistant Clinical Professor, Wayne State College of Medicine, Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Fellow, American College of Surgeons states:

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) is a normal protein produced in men and women. While S.H.B.G. has the function 'tie up' up to 98% of testosterone in men, it does so to maintain a normal balance and prevent 'too much' free or bio-available testosterone.

Women produce about 7 times more SHBG then men in normal situations. When women are exposed to estrogens as in pregnancy, when taking oral-contraceptions or estrogen supplementation in menopause the production of SHBG increases 3 to 10 fold. The production of SHBG during pregnancy ties up so much testosterone that a testosterone producing tumor would not affect the offspring.

What has not been realized is that all the environmental toxins are estrogens. They are called xeno-estrogens and endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) and they raise SHBG in everyone. Increased SHBG is linked to the massive increase in obesity and many of us believe, the increase in diabetes, endometriosis (uterine bleeding, fibroids) and many chronic inflammatory diseases (ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, heart disease, psoriasis...).

More than 40 years ago, CW Burke and DC Anderson in Lancet 1972 established the normal range of SHBG for men (5- 15nmol/liter) and for women (30- 45nmol/liter). While SHBG normally increases with age doubling by 50 and tripling by 70, the exposure to xeno-estrogens and EDCs has increased how quickly the SHBG increases.

When the SHBG is higher than normal, then the amount of free or (bio-available) testosterone in both men and women will be less. Burke and Anderson describes the simple and 'gold-standard' methodology of determining 'free' or true bio-available testosterone as the Free Androgen Index (FAI). Divide the Total Testosterone in nmol/Liter divided by SHBG in nmol/Liter. Ideal 18 year values for a man are between 0.75 and 1.0. For women, the Free Androgen Index (FAI) is .03 to .06.
Doctor Lichten has documented in his article that the FAI for a severe case of endometriosis was .003 less than 1/10th of expected. When Dr. Lichten was able to use F.D.A. approved medications to raise the FAI 100-fold, the severe inflammatory condition reversed and has done so for 8 years. In men, the F.D.A. approved medications increases the F.A.I. by 3- 5 fold.

Protocol:
The first treatment for women to raise the F.A.I. is the prescription medication Danocrine(R)/ danazol. The dosage of danazol starts at 200mg twice to three times per day for 25 days and off for 5 days. The addition of spirolactone 50-100mg twice daily protects most from hirsuitism (acne, fluid retention) and a grain of Nature-throid keeps weight stable. Laboratory tests at 3-months should show increase in the F.A.I. and this should correlate with improvement in the woman's symptoms of inflammatory diseases states.

When stronger therapy is need, Doctor Lichten has a U.S. patent using the unique combination of anabolic steroids. (1) Nandrolone (first derivative of testosterone) raises the free testosterone. Furthermore, nandrolone is 30x stronger than estrogen in binding to the cellular Androgen-Receptor where the environmental EDCs must enter to cause 'inflammation'.
(2) The second component of the patented protocol is stanozolol. Stanozolol is a first derivative of the normal dihydrotestosterone. Stanozolol blocks the liver production of SHBG. Therefore, to rectify the drop in Free Androgen Index, the doctor needs to increase testosterone AND reduce SHBG. Repeat laboratory every 3-months will show normalization of the FAI and resolution of inflammatory disease states.

Complications and Side-effects:
Increases in free testosterone may cause acne if the levels get too high. The treatment is to lower the dosage of testosterone and secondly stanozolol. The lower limits of SHBG for men is 10- 20nmol/liter.

Conclusion:
In our experience, most men in their 20's and 30's have the Free Androgen Index of a 50-year old that fought in World War II.

Medical Abstract: Scientific Information About S.H.B.G.
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin in Endocrinol Nutr. 2009 Apr;56(4):209-12. doi: 10.1016/S1575-0922(09)70987-8. Epub 2009 Jun 11.[Article in Spanish] [Variations in the concentration of the sex hormone binding globulin is a major factor causing a variation in total testosterone values]. Authors: Pinés Corrales PJ1, Louhibi Rubio L, Aznar Rodríguez S, Lomas Meneses MA.

13.Effects of drug administration of gonadotropins [danazol], sex steroid hormones and binding proteins in humans; Pugeat M. "in males as well as females, the long-term adminstration of danazol decreases also the biding capacity of SHBG, and consequently increased the free fraction of sex steroid hormones."

Abstract:
Measurement of total testosterone concentrations is the initial test for the diagnosis of androgen deficiency or excess in men. However, total testosterone concentrations may be affected by alterations in sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) concentrations. Most circulating testosterone is bound to SHBG and to albumin and only 0.5-3% of circulating testosterone is unbound or free. The free fraction can be measured by equilibrium dialysis or calculated using published algorithms. The term bioavailable testosterone refers to unbound testosterone plus albumin-bound testosterone; this term reflects the view that, in addition to unbound testosterone, albumin-bound testosterone is readily dissociable and thus bioavailable. Bioavailable testosterone can be measured by precipitation methods or calculated from total testosterone, SHBG, albumin concentrations and their affinity constants. Free testosterone measurements by analog methods are frequently available, but these measurements are affected by alterations in SHBG and are inaccurate."

Cameron

Actually, it may help. There is strong evidence that the mainstream theory on PCOS (androgen-driven) is bunk and it is estrogen that causes PCOS. As such, non-aromatizable steroids such as DHT may be even therapeutic. Even if one subscribes to the androgen theory as cause, it is elevated levels of aromatizable steroids that are implicated while DHT levels in PCOS patients are relatively low. See below.
Estrogen, Not Androgens, As A Cause Of PCOS (and Related Cancers)
Thieme E-Journals - Geburtshilfe und Frauenheilkunde / Abstract
Acne Is Likely Caused By Estrogen, NOT Androgens

So, using non-aromatizable steroids such as DHT may in fact be beneficial because it will lower estrogen and T synthesis, and suppress excessive adrenal activity. The "evidence" of DHT (or other androgens) causing insulin resistance is such complete charade that I don't know where to even start "debunking" it. Keep in mind that androgens are often administered clinically because they improve insulin sensitivity, not worsen it. Hence, the multiple human trials currently with T, nandrolone, oxandro, etc to treat diabetes II, obesity, etc to treat these conditions, not cause them.
For what it's worth, I know of a female athlete with PCOS who keeps her PCOS in "remission" by using a combination of progesterone and Oxandrolone (a DHT derivative). Progesterone by itself did not work well-enough apparently. She would consider using DHT, but getting oxandro is much easier as DHT is really not widely used in medical or sports circles.
Can anavar work similarly to dht on the androgen receptor in skin to increase facial hair growth as a stand-alone hormone in males with out other testosterone or T derived supplementation? Is the suppression with anavar fairly recoverable for males too?

Broken man

I would think in cases of hirsutism there must be some androgen excess causing the hair growth though. Do you think bringing up DHT levels to balance the testosterone in these cases would reduce hirsutism?
The thing is that some androgen metabolites are estrogenic I think.

OP
T

TheBeard

Can anavar work similarly to dht on the androgen receptor in skin to increase facial hair growth as a stand-alone hormone in males with out other testosterone or T derived supplementation? Is the suppression with anavar fairly recoverable for males too?

You’re going to kill your liver for minor improvements, definitely not to the extent you are hoping for.
Yes the suppression is recoverable, but why go through the hassle?

Apply testosterone cream to the scrotum, you’ll be far better off and your DHT will be off the charts. Keep the hormone supplementation down to the bioidentical ones only to minimize sides.

accelerator

Thanks for pointing out the distinction. It makes sense. I've been slathering on Progesterone with minimal results; no matter how much I take, it's never enough to balance the estrogen (adding pregnenalone however has diminished my pain entirely)

How much pregnenolone did you use?

Zpol

I think member @GorillaHead posted study where they found increased estrogen in men with body hair

Good to know. From what I've read, strength training (in a very low stress way), and getting enough magnesium and boron can help to balance hormones in women with PCOS. I'm going this route first and then will consider DHT or the other supp haidut mentioned. I've come so far with regaining my health but this SIBO just hasn't improved.

golder

Has anyone helped get their SIBO under control with use of androgens? A part of me intuitively feels it will help us hypogonadal folk alongside really monitoring the diet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals