Sibo (hypothyroidism) May Be A Major Cause Of Stunting In Children

haidut

Considering that SIBO is a well-known symptoms of hypothyroidism due to low levels of gastric acid, this study basically says that about 27% of the studied children in poor areas were hypothyroid by age 1.

Bacteria overgrowth could be major cause of stunting in children

"...One possible factor contributing to stunting is damage to the gut - "environmental enteropathy" - leading to inflammation and poor uptake of dietary nutrients. The origins of environmental enteropathy are not clear, but excessive numbers of bacteria in the small intestine, referred to as small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), have been suggested as one possible cause. To explore this idea, the researchers examined 103 2-year-old children who had been followed from birth in an urban slum in Mirpur, Dhaka. Despite vaccination, medical care, nutritional counseling and care, stunting increased in these infants from 9.5 percent at birth to 27.6 percent at 1 year of age."

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J SIBO and Hypothyroidism Articles & Scientific Studies 2
C Have I Got SIBO? Digestion, Gut Flora 7
James Myatt Bacteria Or Sibo Diet 6
P Has Anyone Used Flonorm From Mexico For Sibo? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
J Is It Safe To Treat SIBO/Dysbiosis Without Properly Being Tested For It? Digestion 6
J SIBO Breath Tests In The Uk At Home Digestion 0
J Tests To Determine If You Have SIBO And Other Gut Issues? Digestion 1
W Hoping I'm Clearing SIBO And Endotoxin With Xifaxan And Neomycin Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 31
W CFS/ M.E./ Lyme/ Sibo . How To Move Forward? Eyes, Ears, Nose and Headaches/Migraines 13
TheBeard Anabolic Steroids Can Cure SIBO Digestion 18
charlie Solved? - IBS, SIBO, GERD, LPR, Colitis, Constipation, Celiac, Brain Fog Digestion, Gut Flora 177
ScurveDream How Much Can Extra Chewing Help With Poor Absorption/deficiency/SIBO/etc Digestion 2
charlie SIBO, Gut Motility, Constipation. What Is Really Going On? I Will Tell You Digestion, Gut Flora 82
LuckyCat Benadryl Or Famotidine For SIBO? Digestion, Gut Flora 8
charlie SIBO, GERD, LPR, IBS, & Colitis Could Be Vitamin B3 Deficiency - "Niacin Treats Digestive Problems" Digestion, Gut Flora 47
P Suggestions To Speed Up Recovery From Hypothyroid Induced SIBO? Digestion 4
D Is SIBO Real? Digestion 8
ecstatichamster Do You Find Limonene Helpful For SIBO And GERD? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 24
M Anybody Here Fixed Sibo? Digestion, Gut Flora 63
F Need Help (18 Years Old) 500 Calories/day, Stressed, Sibo? Seb Derm Ask For Help or Advice 24
Prosper SIBO: The Garlic Cure - Experiences? Ask For Help or Advice 58
Zpol Recipe To Neutralize Hydrogen Sulfide Gas In SIBO Toxins, Detoxification 5
Makrosky Has Anyone Tried Sodium Acetate ? (for SIBO?) Experiments 114
H How I Cured My Sibo/ Digestive Issues Digestion 29
B Help! Bladder Infection? Sibo? Mold Toxicity? No Clue? Ask For Help or Advice 23
P SIBO And Intestinal Infection Digestion 42
A.R How To Differentiate Between SIBO And Serotonin? Ask For Help or Advice 9
ecstatichamster SIBO Causes Subclinical Atherosclerosis, Vitamin K2 May Resolve It Scientific Studies 7
F Candida And SIBO Advice Needed Digestion 3
nikkmm Atrantil For SIBO - Anyone Have Experience? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 10
P.G.Marjorie What To Eat With SIBO To Raise Metabolism? Metabolism 20
ecstatichamster Ray Mentioned Egg White And Biosporin As Anti Viral, Germicidal And Against SIBO Digestion, Gut Flora 6
DaveFoster SIBO Treatment Protocol Digestion 62
chedd Ray Peat Diet When You Have Sibo/digestion Issues Diet 4
R SIBO And LARGE Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth Digestion 0
F Has Anyone Here Successfully Resolved "SIBO" Or Major Stomach Bloating? With Peating Or Anything Els FredSonoma 292
F Food poisoning led to all my problems - SIBO / bloating might be cause of my issues? FredSonoma 14
goodandevil interesting experience regarding probiotics and sibo Testimonials 3
haidut Cinnamon May Help SIBO Scientific Studies 16
J HELP WITH SIBO Digestion 5
T SIBO and Candida Digestion 25
F can you develop Hashimoto/or other autoimmune from having secondary hypothyroidism? Ask For Help or Advice 0
A Hypothyroidism Is Naturally Induced Chemo Therapy. Every Metabolic Stressor Is A Carcinogenic Miscellaneous Health Discussions 12
Galia Hypothyroidism Only By Blood Test Thyroid and Hormones 0
haidut Hypothyroidism Can Cause Anxiety, Panic Attacks And Other Mental Issues Scientific Studies 1
Amber Connection Between Liver Dysfunction & Hypothyroidism Thyroid and Hormones 41
C Kenneth Blanchard On Optimal Hypothyroidism Treatment Thyroid and Hormones 80
haidut Levothyroxine (T4) Monotherapy Often Ineffective For Hypothyroidism Scientific Studies 1
haidut Long Work Hours Linked To Hypothyroidism Scientific Studies 0
Galia Secondary Hypothyroidism Or Something Else ? Metabolism 0