Allopregnenolone : Feel nothing.

Schizophonia

I read Haidut's post explaining that it's basically supposed to be the strongest gabaergic neurosteroid.
So I ordered some from idealab but no matter the dose I take I feel absolutely nothing, even at 15 drops (supposedly 15mg) not the slightest perceptible change. I always feel wired and obsessive all the time and I have one sleepless night in two, with total impossibility of taking even the slightest nap.
Mirtazapine sometimes works, but if I'm too "wired" I'm in for a sleepless night, even with a combo Mirtazapine 15mg + allopregnenolone 10mg + Doxylamine 12.5mg + random plants like valerian.
I could have taken nothing it would have been the same, lol.

Any advice, sorry if I'm crying again, but I'm desperate.

Hugh Johnson

I read Haidut's post explaining that it's basically supposed to be the strongest gabaergic neurosteroid.
So I ordered some from idealab but no matter the dose I take I feel absolutely nothing, even at 15 drops (supposedly 15mg) not the slightest perceptible change. I always feel wired and obsessive all the time and I have one sleepless night in two, with total impossibility of taking even the slightest nap.
Mirtazapine sometimes works, but if I'm too "wired" I'm in for a sleepless night, even with a combo Mirtazapine 15mg + allopregnenolone 10mg + Doxylamine 12.5mg + random plants like valerian.

It's always OK to ask, no one has to answer.

Perhaps you could examine the emotions making you wired. A few hours before sleep go to bed and start to examine what you feel. Start from the top of the head and see what feeling and sensations are there. Go downwards as much as you can. This will take a few weeks to work, and at first it might make things more intense.

EustaceBagge

Take it with a high fat low fiber meal. Increases absorption. And maybe combine it with some aspirin to keep inflammation from the stuff working. I can't guarantee this will change anything, but it's low risk and makes my "medications" MUCH more effective.

Also make sure you eat enough protein, it is important for all kinds of processess in the body.

Jonk

In the beginning of "peating" i went through almost all of the supplements from ideallabs including allopregnanolone. Anxiety all the time, bad sleep, back pain, facial flushing, fatigue etc etc. For me a big part of the problem was endotoxin. Hypoglycemia was and still is very important to avoid, but it's difficult getting adequate nutrition or utilizing supplements effectively with an onslaught of endotoxin.

Wheat bran works great for me, but anything that speeds up transit time might be helpful. Divided high doses vitamin c, rhubarb root tea, magnesium oxide (sometimes with vitamin c, cascara Sagrada are to name a few that might help in that regard.

All these are in my opinion best to use sporadically when needed and the mainly focusing on listening to cravings, eating the least offending foods and gradually work out a diet that works preferentially with as lots of carbs and salt.

Also to note is that I never thought myself of having digestive issues as I didn't have any pain or discomfort in my abdomen. Which is why I'm suspicious it going unnoticed in many.

If you have those issues, and that insane combo of drugs does not help, it is probably a systematic issue - feeling too wired, and not able to settle down, can be a thyroid issue, and thyroid issues commonly create systematic issues. I would recommend trying thyroid, not more sleeping drugs.

OP
Schizophonia

Schizophonia

If you have those issues, and that insane combo of drugs does not help, it is probably a systematic issue - feeling too wired, and not able to settle down, can be a thyroid issue, and thyroid issues commonly create systematic issues. I would recommend trying thyroid, not more sleeping drugs.
No, my t3 is above the median and t4 above the upper range, low TSH.

OP
Schizophonia

Schizophonia

In the beginning of "peating" i went through almost all of the supplements from ideallabs including allopregnanolone. Anxiety all the time, bad sleep, back pain, facial flushing, fatigue etc etc. For me a big part of the problem was endotoxin. Hypoglycemia was and still is very important to avoid, but it's difficult getting adequate nutrition or utilizing supplements effectively with an onslaught of endotoxin.

Wheat bran works great for me, but anything that speeds up transit time might be helpful. Divided high doses vitamin c, rhubarb root tea, magnesium oxide (sometimes with vitamin c, cascara Sagrada are to name a few that might help in that regard.

All these are in my opinion best to use sporadically when needed and the mainly focusing on listening to cravings, eating the least offending foods and gradually work out a diet that works preferentially with as lots of carbs and salt.

Also to note is that I never thought myself of having digestive issues as I didn't have any pain or discomfort in my abdomen. Which is why I'm suspicious it going unnoticed in many.
Kellogg's brand bran oats?
Take it with a high fat low fiber meal. Increases absorption. And maybe combine it with some aspirin to keep inflammation from the stuff working. I can't guarantee this will change anything, but it's low risk and makes my "medications" MUCH more effective.

Also make sure you eat enough protein, it is important for all kinds of processess in the body.
No matter the meal, the result is the same.
It's always OK to ask, no one has to answer.

Perhaps you could examine the emotions making you wired. A few hours before sleep go to bed and start to examine what you feel. Start from the top of the head and see what feeling and sensations are there. Go downwards as much as you can. This will take a few weeks to work, and at first it might make things more intense.
Nothing, it's idiopathic, I just have too much energy.
I mean there's no emotion in particular.
But thanks anyway, I'll try that 👍

Jonk

Kellogg's brand bran oats?
No, regular shredded wheat bran. Doesn't taste great but I make it to a porridge with some water, salt and heat. Tremendous for bowel movement and it feels like it promotes "true" gut motility, unlike other things like vitamin C which only trigger water being released into the lower bowel.

dukesbobby777

No, regular shredded wheat bran. Doesn't taste great but I make it to a porridge with some water, salt and heat. Tremendous for bowel movement and it feels like it promotes "true" gut motility, unlike other things like vitamin C which only trigger water being released into the lower bowel.

Something like this? Is this the stuff Ray Peat was on about towards his later years? I'm sure he recommended something called wheat bran at some point (as an alternative to the carrot).

OP
Schizophonia

Schizophonia

@Hugh Johnson
In fact, upon reflection, I just can't relax at all and doze off, enters the "trans" state, hypnotic almost like a small dose of opiates, like when I was little and relaxing in front of the tv or I don't know what.

It simply doesn't exist anymore.
if I want to get into this state again, I need a powerful dose of ketamine or opiate, Mirtazapine also works more or less.

Hugh Johnson

@Hugh Johnson
In fact, upon reflection, I just can't relax at all and doze off, enters the "trans" state, hypnotic almost like a small dose of opiates, like when I was little and relaxing in front of the tv or I don't know what.

It simply doesn't exist anymore.
if I want to get into this state again, I need a powerful dose of ketamine or opiate, Mirtazapine also works more or less.
I did not suggest you to relax. Read what I wrote again.

OP
Schizophonia

Schizophonia

I did not suggest you to relax. Read what I wrote again.
I know, to answer you I wanted to say tacitly that I am “wired” all the time or almost.
I'm going to explore this further.

At the moment, if I lie down, I feel a slight pressure/confusion at the top of my head, and my chest is a little tight.

If I stare at the plaster on my wall, I can have mild DMT-like hallucinations.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals